New York Yankees @ Boston Redsox [Fenway Park] Game Thread

Vudu

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was the first time the Yanks have been shutout this season. Hopefully Wang comes out tomorrow and gives us a good performance.

Probably see Wang for 5 or so innings, then Hughes or Aceves.

On the brightside, even though the Red Sox have won all 6 games this season, the Yankees are still tied for first.

That was the first time the Yanks have been shutout this season. Hopefully Wang comes out tomorrow and gives us a good performance.

Probably see Wang for 5 or so innings, then Hughes or Aceves.

On the brightside, even though the Red Sox have won all 6 games this season, the Yankees are still tied for first.

It's still fairly early in the season. Go Sox

Correct me if I'm wrong, but until Beckett got hot recently, wasn't Wakefield Boston's best starter? The Yankees always hit him well, but I'm expecting Wang to get bombed again. At least they have a good matchup tomorrow, with CC vs. Penny...meaning that is the classic case of a presumed win and they will lose that one too.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but until Beckett got hot recently, wasn't Wakefield Boston's best starter? The Yankees always hit him well, but I'm expecting Wang to get bombed again. At least they have a good matchup tomorrow, with CC vs. Penny...meaning that is the classic case of a presumed win and they will lose that one too.

That's the problem with Wake , and a lot of knuckleballers, if they're "on" they're untouchable. HOWEVER, if they're not it's batting practice. :biggrin:

I was at the game lastnight. The roar/huge sigh of relief seeing Ortiz crush one to deep center was awesome. Burnett was a joke and Beckett was filthy. There were a lot of very quiet yank fans there. Not a lot of trouble either, which was nice to see. But I was up on the Budweiser Deck and that has a completely different feel to it compared to grandstand or bleachers.

Forecast is damp and cool tonight, which usually does not favour Wakefield.

I was at the game lastnight. The roar/huge sigh of relief seeing Ortiz crush one to deep center was awesome. Burnett was a joke and Beckett was filthy. There were a lot of very quiet yank fans there. Not a lot of trouble either, which was nice to see. But I was up on the Budweiser Deck and that has a completely different feel to it compared to grandstand or bleachers.

Forecast is damp and cool tonight, which usually does not favour Wakefield.

I can imagine that they were very quiet. The Yankees slept walked through that game. Just an awful all-around performance.

Just wondering what you meant by the Bud Deck being different than the bleachers? Is it a wine and cheese crowd up there?

Tonight's lineups and random news from the LoHud blog. No Ellsbury again. Matsui will DH, Damon is in left.

YANKEES (34-24)

Jeter SS

Damon LF

Teixeira 1B

Rodriguez 3B

Cano 2B

Posada C

Matsui DH

Swisher RF

Cabrera CF

Pitching (unless Mrs. Wang has a baby, which could happen at any time): RHP Chien-Ming Wang (0-3, 14.46).

RED SOX (34-24)

Pedroia 2B

Drew RF

Youkilis 1B

Bay LF

Lowell 3B

Ortiz DH

Kotsay CF

Green SS

Kottaras C

Pitching: RHP Tim Wakefield (7-3, 4.50).

TIME/TV: 7:10 p.m., YES.

THE STREAK LIVES: The Yankees are 0-6 against Boston this season, getting outscored 45-27. They have lost seven straight against Boson dating back to last season. That is the longest such streak since the Red Sox beat the Yankees seven straight starting at the end of the 1984 season and going into 1985.

The Red Sox beat the Yankees 14 straight from April 11-July 1, 1912.

WANG MORE TIME: Chien-Ming Wang had a shaky return to the rotation on June 4, allowing five runs on seven hits over 4.2 innings. Now he

Wow....the Yankees really screwed up this entire Wang rehab issue....instead of keeping him down to build arm strength they decide to let him do it up here, in games they need to win, and shuttle an effective Hughes to the bullpen.

Waaaayyy too many chefs in the kitchen on this team.

Archived