New York Yankees @ Boston Redsox [Fenway Park] Game Thread

Vudu

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had softball, so I missed most of the game tonight. Sounds like the Yankees left a small nation on base tonight. Good job by the bullpen to keep the game within range. Kudos to Teixiera who was a beast. He is the best FA signing the Yankees have had in years.

Wang is scheduled to start against Washington next. If they don't let him pitch, then it shows what little faith they have in him. Since they can't send him down to the minors, they might DL him again. It's a confidence issue with him now. The radio announcers were saying that he was hitting 94-95 on the gun.

Girardi really screwed this whole situation up. Why let Wang make his first start against a team that kills him even when he pitching at his best?

I don't care that it's only June. The Yankees have to win tomorrow night. The Red Sox are in their head. It is a must win, especially with CC being on the mound.

I had softball, so I missed most of the game tonight. Sounds like the Yankees left a small nation on base tonight. Good job by the bullpen to keep the game within range. Kudos to Teixiera who was a beast. He is the best FA signing the Yankees have had in years.

Wang is scheduled to start against Washington next. If they don't let him pitch, then it shows what little faith they have in him. Since they can't send him down to the minors, they might DL him again. It's a confidence issue with him now. The radio announcers were saying that he was hitting 94-95 on the gun.

Girardi really screwed this whole situation up. Why let Wang make his first start against a team that kills him even when he pitching at his best?

I don't care that it's only June. The Yankees have to win tomorrow night. The Red Sox are in their head. It is a must win, especially with CC being on the mound.

Did you at least win the softball game ?

Red Sox take it 6-5. Gonna be a long season. Lots of GOOD baseball left.

Fixed.

Heartbeaker for us last night, but we showed some fight. Play of the game goes to Midget Dusty, saving that passed ball from going into centerfield in the bottom of the 8th.

Fixed.

Heartbeaker for us last night, but we showed some fight. Play of the game goes to Midget Dusty, saving that passed ball from going into centerfield in the bottom of the 8th.

Oh for sure. I loved the fact he tried to deke him out after he smothered the ball.

Oh for sure. I loved the fact he tried to deke him out after he smothered the ball.

Lol, it was nifty, although he kinda looked like a fish out of water flopping around out there. I'm interested to see how CC pitches today, as one of the gripes about him has been him pitching in pressure. Considering how beaten up the bullpen is, we need a rest today.

How's Penny thrown for you guys?

Must win for tonight. Not even as much in the standings, but from a mental standpoint, get the monkey off of thier backs. But CC needs to be the ace that he is, this is why we brought him here. He has to go out there when the team is struggling and DOMINATE. We are going against Brad Penny. We should be able to give Sabathia run support. That being said, I will be surprised and very disappointed if we don't come out of Boston with a win.

Why was there a warning issued to both benches in the 1st inning when Penny just hit ARod?

Why would Penny hit someone with a guy on 3rd base?

He came close to hitting him on the first pitch, that was clearly intentional and it is BS that they got warned b/c now CC can't respond. If a Yankee pitcher did it they wouldn't wanr and he'd get suspended 6 games. This is such BS

He came close to hitting him on the first pitch, that was clearly intentional and it is BS that they got warned b/c now CC can't respond. If a Yankee pitcher did it they wouldn't wanr and he'd get suspended 6 games. This is such BS

Watching the game last night they showed a stat where a Red Sox batter had been hit in every Yankees/Sox game this season.

I don't give a crap as Pedro and co. used to plunk Yankee players all the time. I just don't understand where you are coming from with that comment.

Archived