New York Yankees @ Boston Redsox [Fenway Park] Game Thread

Vudu

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That series totally sucked in very way-pitching, batting, fielding, basrunning, managing.

DOn't know what the Yanks avg. was with RISP, but it was a joke.

I understand the great idea about working the count and running up pitch counts, but against quality ptiching all it does more often than not is put you in a 2-strike hole chasing pitches out of the strike zone. Which was 3 more games of nonsense.

There is nothing in the world I hate more than Boston. Absolutely NOTHING. I hate everything. Pats, Celtics, Red Sox, Bruins. And I don't even give two flying ****s about hockey. Everyone up there is a complete ******* too.

Revenge will be a bitch. August. We will meet again.

Good night.

Eh, it doesn't mean a thing. It's June 11th. Talk to me mid-August.

You are wrong. EVERY game means something. Those that say early losses mean nothing are made by losers (you never hear winners say the win means nothing!). When you carry an 8 game swing against a team, that means a lot.

These early season losses are only made up if those who beat you allow you to. So the Sox hold the advantage early. If they lose, and the yanks start winning, then (yeah) these early games mean nothing.

EDIT: besides, aren't you pissed that Boston won?!! Still cannot wrap my head around how ownership affects your feelings given your location and the amount of friends you must have being Boston fans.

You are wrong. EVERY game means something. Those that say early losses mean nothing are made by losers (you never hear winners say the win means nothing!). When you carry an 8 game swing against a team, that means a lot.

These early season losses are only made up if those who beat you allow you to. So the Sox hold the advantage early. If they lose, and the yanks start winning, then (yeah) these early games mean nothing.

EDIT: besides, aren't you pissed that Boston won?!! Still cannot wrap my head around how ownership affects your feelings given your location and the amount of friends you must have being Boston fans.

Every game counts.

There is nothing in the world I hate more than Boston. Absolutely NOTHING. I hate everything. Pats, Celtics, Red Sox, Bruins. And I don't even give two flying ****s about hockey. Everyone up there is a complete ******* too.

Revenge will be a bitch. August. We will meet again.

Good night.

0-8.

Maybe your head's too big? :)

I do have an issue with Red Sox ownership. They make me puke.

Maybe your head's too big? :)

I do have an issue with Red Sox ownership. They make me puke.

And I have an extreme issue with the current wnership of Liverpool FC (details if you want them), but I've been a fan of Liverpool since 1978 and aways want the Merseyside Red to win. Always. But I'd love new owners. ;-) It's been hard, managers (and owners) have come and gone that I've not always loved. But I've always loved pulling on the colour of the uniform and that will never die.

That is why I cannot understand why you hate the Red Sox. The symbol and colours are the same.

Eh, it doesn't mean a thing. It's June 11th. Talk to me mid-August.

yeah, if anything it is only an interesting stat and frustrating for fans that the Yanks haven't one a game against the Sox yet.

This only means something if they end the year tied...the wild card should come out of the east this year.

This shows us some real weaknesses, defense (Austin Jackson please..) and the Bullpen..(can we get an 8th inning guy please..Joba....?)

Watching the game last night they showed a stat where a Red Sox batter had been hit in every Yankees/Sox game this season.

I don't give a crap as Pedro and co. used to plunk Yankee players all the time. I just don't understand where you are coming from with that comment.

Were any of them intentional like the last night? It's one thing for a pitch to get away and another for it to be intentional like it CLEARLY was last night.

Were any of them intentional like the last night? It's one thing for a pitch to get away and another for it to be intentional like it CLEARLY was last night.

So when the Skanks do it, the pitch gets away.

When the Sox do it, it is intentional.

Ok. :rolleyes:

Maybe you forgot, but Joba struck Bay in the back between the numbers last month. :rolleyes:

So when the Skanks do it, the pitch gets away.

When the Sox do it, it is intentional.

Ok. :rolleyes:

Maybe you forgot, but Joba struck Bay in the back between the numbers last month. :rolleyes:

I don't recall all the hit batsmen but I also don't recall any controversies. if a Yank hit someone intentionally I'd say so. I have seen the Sox do it for a decade and then they whine if it happens to them once. beckett threw at a guys head when he stepped out of the box 2 months ago and didn't miss a start. they shouldn't have warned the benches, a Sox player should have been plunked.

I don't recall all the hit batsmen but I also don't recall any controversies. if a Yank hit someone intentionally I'd say so. I have seen the Sox do it for a decade and then they whine if it happens to them once. beckett threw at a guys head when he stepped out of the box 2 months ago and didn't miss a start. they shouldn't have warned the benches, a Sox player should have been plunked.

Didn't Chamberlain get fined for throwing at Youklis?

Archived