Knicks have a pre-arranged draft-night deal in place for Sergio Rodriguez

RutgersJetFan

From Hoopsworld.

A Spanish newspaper apparently is reporting the Knicks have a pre-arranged draft-night deal in place for Portland point guard Sergio Rodriguez. If it means giving up little, fine, for if they do that and draft a point guard, that means they have three, including Chris Duhon (in presumably his final Knicks season, pending a trade this summer).

Rodriguez wouldn

From Hoopsworld.

Quite frankly I disagree with this, he clearly has more upside than Duhon, who faded over the course of the season, and will be great for depth and the rotation. He's great in the lane and has outstanding court vision. It'll be interesting to see what we give up for him, especially considering that there's been some "light" rumors that Nate wants to play in Portland if he can't play in NY (which makes sense considering his connection to Roy).

Sergio would be a good pickup for the Knicks although he's VERY turnover prone. He's very risky with his pass selections but he will fill in nicely with the D'Antoni system.

The blazers are in DESPERATE need of a true 1, but the fans here don't know ****, they think Blake is just fine.

what happened to jerryd bayless?

McMillan has him as #3 on the depth charts, but he IMO is a better true #1 then the other two. He's very raw, and IMO he doesn't distribute the ball well enough. But the kid has got game, he can drive the paint and take over a game when he's on. Like I said, very raw and he'd be a project at point.

He's very raw, and IMO he doesn't distribute the ball well enough. But the kid has got game, he can drive the paint and take over a game when he's on. Like I said, very raw and he'd be a project at point.

Agreed in that but he needs to improve his passing and stop being a turnover machine before he gets any serious run at the point.

Agreed in that but he needs to improve his passing and stop being a turnover machine before he gets any serious run at the point.

Yup, he's one of those guys who has the potential to take over... or just hand it over. To be honest people here see him as the next coming of Terry Porter, but I can't see him being more then an excellent back up for the next few years. The point is area of weakness for that club, they can't keep up with the other points in the WC. I just see more potential in him, I guess let's say a bigger upside while I see Blake and Sergio as being all they can be already.

Archived