Crowder has words for Rex after latest spat (Threatens)

InstantClassic

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/breaking-news/story/1090523.html

So yes, it's June. And yes, a linebacker and a head coach from rival teams are talking trash. This might be the football equivalent of Christmas in July - and it only gets better. Reached on his cellphone Tuesday, Crowder responded to Ryan's comments with this:

''Oh, Lord have mercy,'' Crowder said Tuesday. ``What's wrong with him? Now he's talking about preparation? We play them twice this year. If he wants to be prepared, shouldn't he know the starting middle linebackers of his division rival?''

As for the notion that Ryan would ''handle him myself'' if he was ''younger,'' Crowder begs to differ.

''He says he'd take care of me if he was younger?'' Crowder said. ``I'd have beat the hell out of that big old joker. Or if he really wants to get retro, my daddy or my uncle could have handled him. Don't get big. Win with preparation? Start watching some tape and learn who your rival is. Come on now.''

Crowder, who added that he was ''enjoying this,'' said he doesn't care about any of Ryan's comments, except for his previous assertion that the division championship goes through New England.

Dolphins players are quickly growing tired by the disrespect of their accomplishments in 2008, and they're already openly talking about it.

The Jets ''didn't even win the division and now they're all talking about how [the AFC East] goes through New England,'' Crowder said Tuesday. ``That's what gets me bothered. I don't care about the other stuff, but don't say the division goes through New England.

``It goes through Miami.''

By the way, did we mention that Terrell Owens also plays in the AFC East now? No doubt about it, this division has the potential to provide some fireworks.

What a clown.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Crowder makes a good point. Rex claimed not to know who Crowder was, but at the same time claimed that the most important part of football is preperation.

If you are the head coach you should know who the players are on a divisional rival team. Plus Crowder was the Dolphins leading tackler in the Ravens Dolphins game last year. I assume Rex was at that game.

Crowder makes a good point. Rex claimed not to know who Crowder was, but at the same time claimed that the most important part of football is preperation.

If you are the head coach you should know who the players are on a divisional rival team. Plus Crowder was the Dolphins leading tackler in the Ravens Dolphins game last year. I assume Rex was at that game.

It's called hyperbole. Get a dictionary.

He knows who Crowder is but its more of a poke at how irrelevant he sees him. This isn't Joey Porter or Ronnie Brown making comments. This is a guy who is known to most football fans for getting b**** slapped by Matt Light.

One other point from Crowder's explanation: How exactly does "I'm not here to kiss Bill Bellichick's rings" equate to "The division goes through New England." Everybody and their mother is saying the division goes through Foxboro, but those words never came out of Ryan's mouth.

One other point from Crowder's explanation: How exactly does "I'm not here to kiss Bill Bellichick's rings" equate to "The division goes through New England." Everybody and their mother is saying the division goes through Foxboro, but those words never came out of Ryan's mouth.

Thank you.

If Crowder thinks Ryan's comments are controversial he is the biggest wuss on the planet.

I gotta admit. I really wish Rex would shut the **** up.

I love his passion, but you dont get into verbal spats with opposing players in June. This is really amateur of Rex.

Channing is one of my all time favorite Gators. He used to come up to my bar for all you can eat wings every Monday for the 2 years he was there, this is how he roles. He likes to talk and he is basically a moron, nice guy, but stupid as can be.

Rex should be the bigger man and shut F up. Set an example. I understand that we are going to be a team thats not intimidated and we wont back down from nobody, but lets be that team on the field.

Rex is saying all the right things, but in this case, he is saying too much.

I gotta admit. I really wish Rex would shut the **** up.

I love his passion, but you dont get into verbal spats with opposing players in June. This is really amateur of Rex.

Channing is one of my all time favorite Gators. He used to come up to my bar for all you can eat wings every Monday for the 2 years he was there, this is how he roles. He likes to talk and he is basically a moron, nice guy, but stupid as can be.

Rex should be the bigger man and shut F up. Set an example. I understand that we are going to be a team thats not intimidated and we wont back down from nobody, but lets be that team on the field.

Rex is saying all the right things, but in this case, he is saying too much.

How is he saying too much?

He didn't say anything controversial to begin with. Crowder got his panties in a bunch over it because apparently he thinks Ryan should be kissing Sparano's... well I guess his finger since Sparano doesn't have any rings and Ryan responded to Crowder's idiocy when asked a question about it.

It's not like Ryan started his PC by saying, "before we get started I want to address that idiot Channing Crowder in Miami."

He didn't say anything controversial to begin with. Crowder got his panties in a bunch over it because apparently he thinks Ryan should be kissing Sparano's... well I guess his finger since Sparano doesn't have any rings and Ryan responded to Crowder's idiocy when asked a question about it.

It's not like Ryan started his PC by saying, "before we get started I want to address that idiot Channing Crowder in Miami."

He should have never gave a rebuttal. Let Channing talk, who gives a **** what an average player thinks about what you are saying to the press.

When Rex was asked about Channing's comments, he should have just said "next question". Be the bigger man, you are now at the highest level of leadership as a Football coach could ever be, act like it. Getting into a verbal spat in June with an average LB'er on your rival team is a childish act.

The question Ryan was answering was specifically asked about the Patriots and Belichick anyway. It's not like Ryan even brought it up.

And to the poster above you, he IS setting an example. Basically, he's proving that he won't back down from anything. That rubs off on players. Maybe this will rub off on them in that they won't curl up into a fetal position at the first sign of trouble like they usually do.

And to the poster above you, he IS setting an example. Basically, he's proving that he won't back down from anything. That rubs off on players. Maybe this will rub off on them in that they won't curl up into a fetal position at the first sign of trouble like they usually do.

Bryan Thomas will probably still curl into a fetal position, he's been doing it his whole career.

He should have never gave a rebuttal. Let Channing talk, who gives a **** what an average player thinks about what you are saying to the press.

When Rex was asked about Channing's comments, he should have just said "next question". Be the bigger man, you are now at the highest level of leadership as a Football coach could ever be, act like it. Getting into a verbal spat in June with an average LB'er on your rival team is a childish act.

He's a football coach, not a politician. And his last name is Ryan. Did you really expect anything different based on his family history?

Besides, its fun. It makes thing interesting. Ryan knows the risk in acting like this. If he loses he looks like a fool and gets fired. The guy has tremendous confidence in himself and his team and expects them to have his back.

When we beat a bloody raincheck into the Dolphins, he's gonna talk even more and your gonna love it!

It's going to especially fun to watch Jets linemen, TEs and FBs take turns pancaking Crowder all day.

The question Ryan was answering was specifically asked about the Patriots and Belichick anyway. It's not like Ryan even brought it up.

No, he was asked about Channing's comment and gave a rebuttal. He didnt just bring Channing into the conversation out of no where.

I understand that his initial comments were directed to BB and the Pats. I had no problem with that, but to get into a childish verbal spat with Channing is amatuer.

Not backing down from trashing talking in June, doesnt set an example, setting an example would be saying something like, "we will play this out on the field"..."next question, we will let our play do the talking".....thats an example.

The guy literally said if he were Channings age that he would take care of him. This is coming from a HC in the NFL, a rookie one at that, shut up and let you team do the talking for you. To stoop to that level is childish.

If this was happening anywhere else, you would be in agreement with me.

He's a football coach, not a politician. And his last name is Ryan. Did you really expect anything different based on his family history?

Besides, its fun. It makes thing interesting. Ryan knows the risk in acting like this. If he loses he looks like a fool and gets fired. The guy has tremendous confidence in himself and his team and expects them to have his back.

When we beat a bloody raincheck into the Dolphins, he's gonna talk even more and your gonna love it!

It's going to especially fun to watch Jets linemen, TEs and FBs take turns pancaking Crowder all day.

There is no risk to him talking like this. If he loses he will get fired regardless of if he talks or not.

You know I am all for the talk. I love hearing him talk, you know that. I get all pumped up when I hear him talk.

This is different, he is going after a player. Just seems childish to me. I would have been just as pumped if he said, "Channing who? I will let my team do the talking on the fied, next questin". Simple, easy, fun. Not, "If I were Channings age, I would take care of him myself."

No, he was asked about Channing's comment and gave a rebuttal. He didnt just bring Channing into the conversation out of no where.

I understand that his initial comments were directed to BB and the Pats. I had no problem with that, but to get into a childish verbal spat with Channing is amatuer.

Not backing down from trashing talking in June, doesnt set an example, setting an example would be saying something like, "we will play this out on the field"..."next question, we will let our play do the talking".....thats an example.

The guy literally said if he were Channings age that he would take care of him. This is coming from a HC in the NFL, a rookie one at that, shut up and let you team do the talking for you. To stoop to that level is childish.

What did he say about Crowder that was so bad? He said he didn't know much about the guy and if he was younger he'd smack him around. It's pretty funny if you ask me.

Granted it's not Chad Johnson comparing his relationship with Carson Palmer to Brokeback Mountain funny, but its funny nonetheless.

What did he say about Crowder that was so bad? He said he didn't know much about the guy and if he was younger he'd smack him around. It's pretty funny if you ask me.

Granted it's not Chad Johnson comparing his relationship with Carson Palmer to Brokeback Mountain funny, but its funny nonetheless.

Its not a HUGE deal. Whatever, like Arsis said, he is fired if he loses and his talk has nothing to do with it.

I just find this comments to be childish.

You know I am all for the talk. I love hearing him talk, you know that. I get all pumped up when I hear him talk.

This is different, he is going after a player. Just seems childish to me. I would have been just as pumped if he said, "Channing who? I will let my team do the talking on the fied, next questin". Simple, easy, fun. Not, "If I were Channings age, I would take care of him myself."

I thought that was hysterical. Crowder is coming off like a big ***** to begin with with his "OMG, OMG he said something about Belichik, he's crazy!!!!" rant.

I know he was asked about Crowder. I was talking about what prompted Crowder's initial comments about Rex saying something about BB. He was specifically asked about the Patriots and he responded. Crowder should have been smart enough to realize that, but he's a Dolphin and the only smart ones are swimming in the oceans or in SeaWorld.

If this was happening somewhere else, I wouldn't be agreeing with you. I actually like a coach that has a pair of balls and is willing to go out on the line for his players. After watching Herm throw players under the bus and Mangini treating them like prisoners or children, Rex is a breath of fresh air and is the type of coach I've always wanted the Jets to have.

I said it before somewhere else. Although I do agree with JiF that Rex seems childish with this in a way... I do think this is him being himself and trying to smack the crap out of HIS team into believing in itself. I'm sure he realizes he's putting himself out on a limb, but you gotta have some confidence in yourself in order to do that. This team has had for a very long time, a loser mentality. Even some of the fan base has that loser mentality. After last year and the way Mangini ran things, it was probably at an all time high.

Rex, IMO, is showing he believes in this team. He's telling them to "act as if, act as if you have a 9 inch ****"- rep for who quotes that movie :)

Rex, IMO, is showing he believes in this team. He's telling them to "act as if, act as if you have a 9 inch ****"- rep for who quotes that movie :)

Boiler Room? Been awhile since I saw that movie tho so I could be wrong :P

This is some funny stuff.

And, JiF, why should Rex shut up?

This is who he is. He's always talked. Always. Just people didn't pay much attention outside of Baltimore.

And, no, JiF, he wasn't "going after a player." Crowder was the one who first brought up Rex. Heck, Crowder should have been the one not to say anything because Rex's initial comments were about Belichick. It had nothing to do with Miami.

You are right here. Ryan concentrates on D only (not saying that's right, just saying what it seems like) so he has NO CLUE who plays D on the other teams I guess.

This is some funny stuff.

And, JiF, why should Rex shut up?

This is who he is. He's always talked. Always. Just people didn't pay much attention outside of Baltimore.

And, no, JiF, he wasn't "going after a player." Crowder was the one who first brought up Rex. Heck, Crowder should have been the one not to say anything because Rex's initial comments were about Belichick. It had nothing to do with Miami.

+1

Actually, Bandwagoner, if you read the entire quote or seen the interview you'd know that Rex knows who Crowder is.

Rex said "I don't know this Channing Crowder," which is a classic diss. It's the same as saying he's a nobody, a bum, an insignificant person.

Archived