Becht:

1)Thinks he should be getting 60 catches a year

2) Will drop two passes a game that kill drives

3) Is an over-rated blocker on the run

4) When he catches it, falls down immediately

5) Whines

6) Sucks

7) Will make Big Ben start ignoring him by Week 6

StillerPaul, I kid you not. He is awful.

He has the least amount of Yac yards for a TE in NFL history. He has hands of stone and he loses focus and doesn't watch the ball in,ever.

The guy has the size to be the real deal,he lacks the heart and the will to be it.

Plus he is a giant mangina,who gets taken down easier than tx at the rodeo by 5'8 DB's

Becht:

1)Thinks he should be getting 60 catches a year

2) Will drop two passes a game that kill drives

3) Is an over-rated blocker on the run

4) When he catches it, falls down immediately

5) Whines

6) Sucks

7) Will make Big Ben start ignoring him by Week 6

StillerPaul, I kid you not. He is awful.

Geezus chrimeny this guy sounds like a fit. :oops:

I think i'm starting to feel the way Hammy does about the Jets moves now. :shock:

Well, runblocking is a big plus for our system i suppose. I highly doubt we'd feature him in the passing game, as we haven't done that with a TE since Eric Green. You guys make it sound like he has character issues, and knowing the Steelers as i do, i wonder why they would think of signing a guy like that.

Maybe they are enamored with his runblocking. :roll:

Well, runblocking is a big plus for our system i suppose. I highly doubt we'd feature him in the passing game, as we haven't done that with a TE since Eric Green. You guys make it sound like he has character issues, and knowing the Steelers as i do, i wonder why they would think of signing a guy like that.

Maybe they are enamored with his runblocking. :roll:

Paul,

Well, you can always hope the visit to Pitt doesn't go well. :D

Becht is a quality blocker, don't let any bitter Jets fans tell you differently. Ask Curtis and Lamont how they liked Bechts blocking and you'll get a much more accurate story about that subject.

But, he does indeed have two major weaknesses....hands of stone (drops balls/kills drives) and a raggady-andy body (inabillity to break tackles). This obviously limits his abillity as an offensive weapon.

But in his defense, I do belive that becht has had a different TE coach in each of his seasons with the Jets. And as we all know, a lack of continuity, especially when beng coached and/or instructed, can indeed be a seveer detriment to a player. Do it "this way" one year and "that way" the next and so on and so on....

If you get Becht, hope for two things:

-That he retains his very solid blockig abillity.

-And that you have a quality (and more importantly STABLE) TE Coach position, so Becht can perhaps work through his issues with a single philosophy and a single coach.

If he can be had cheaply, he is a good pickup for you, but he is definitly done here in NY.

Becht is a quality blocker, don't let any bitter Jets fans tell you differently. Ask Curtis and Lamont how they liked Bechts blocking and you'll get a much more accurate story about that subject.

But, he does indeed have two major weaknesses....hands of stone (drops balls/kills drives) and a raggady-andy body (inabillity to break tackles). This obviously limits his abillity as an offensive weapon.

But in his defense, I do belive that becht has had a different TE coach in each of his seasons with the Jets. And as we all know, a lack of continuity, especially when beng coached and/or instructed, can indeed be a seveer detriment to a player. Do it "this way" one year and "that way" the next and so on and so on....

If you get Becht, hope for two things:

-That he retains his very solid blockig abillity.

-And that you have a quality (and more importantly STABLE) TE Coach position, so Becht can perhaps work through his issues with a single philosophy and a single coach.

If he can be had cheaply, he is a good pickup for you, but he is definitly done here in NY.

Becht is an average, disinterested blocker. Let's not forget that the guy is 6'5" 275 lbs and should absolutely DOMINATE the LOS. As it is, he's a good technician/seal blocker. Any 240 lber can do what Becht does in terms of blocking.

Archived