Sanchez Signed: MERGED

JMJ

seems fair to me.

If anybody thought a QB picked #5 who is as marketable as joe namath was going to sign a below market deal, you need to go back to high school business classes

it will only take 1-2 years for this deal to seem below market

that's how it works

This is an excellent contract for Sanchez. This is the Jets saying, "yes sir!" to Sanchez' agent in an effort to get him into camp -and the starting lineup- on schedule.

I'm extremely surprised that the didn't insist on six years. A five year deal is huge for Mark. If he pans out, he'll never see the fifth year of this deal - and he'll have made a lot more money than Stafford over the first five years of their NFL careers, easily. If he's a late bloomer and doesn't shine until that fifth year, he's looking at a franchise number at a minimum. And if he just sucks, at least he's wealthy.

Per PFT:

Sanchez’s Contract Carries Maximum Value of $60 Million

Posted by Aaron Wilson on June 10, 2009, 7:21 p.m.

New York Jets newly-minted first-round quarterback Mark Sanchez’s five-year contract carries a maximum value of $60 million, including $28 million in guaranteed money, a league source told us tonight.

The fifth overall pick’s annual guaranteed money represents a 56-percent increase over the contract of Kansas City Chiefs defensive tackle Glenn Dorsey, last year’s No. 5 selection. And Sanchez’s $50.5 million core/base value of the deal is 53 percent higher than Dorsey’s, according to a source.

A former USC star, Sanchez is set to make $32.5 million over the first three years of the contract where Dorsey is due to make $33 million over the first five years of his contract.

Dorsey signed a five-year deal with a maximum value of $51 million that included an option year and $22.5 million in guaranteed money, according to published reports.

The $32.5 million Sanchez is due over the first three years also represents a higher figure than last year’s top overall pick, Miami Dolphins offensive tackle Jake Long, was due over the first three years of his deal, according to our source.

Sanchez’s contract also includes $9.5 million in escalator clauses.

According to our source, Sanchez’s annual guaranteed money and total core deal percentages increase more than double the increases that top overall pick, Detroit Lions rookie quarterback Matthew Stafford, received over Long’s deal.

Stafford signed a six-year, $72 million deal, which reportedly included $41.7 million in guaranteed money, prior to the NFL Draft.

Is this the source that said we were in love with Mark Sanchez and that we were trading up for him, or the source that said we were in love with Jason Campbell and trading for him?

That's important information.:D

The source that said we were trading up for Mark Sanchez. He's right...it's a 5 year contract with $25 million guaranteed.

I see espn is reporting $28 mil...well whatever it is...still not that bad. $25-28 million in guarantees for a top 5 QB is not that pricey to be honest.

Good deal and good tradeoff. The Jets save on guaranteed money while Sanchez gets a year closer to FA.

But if Sanchez is close to good he won't have to worry about FA. He's get a $100-120 million deal in 4 years.

Don't shoot the messenger, all I did was copy and paste.

Then you're the bigger fool.

You saw what the guy did, had a chance to say, "Nah, the guy's made a mistake," but posted it anyway.

Then you're the bigger fool.

You saw what the guy did, had a chance to say, "Nah, the guy's made a mistake," but posted it anyway.

Are we really about to argue about the fundemental differences between 13 and 16 college starts as posted on a motivational poster?

If so, can we just move on and argue about how my stadium is always empty and yours is borrowed?

Are we really about to argue about the fundemental differences between 13 and 16 college starts as posted on a motivational poster?

If so, can we just move on and argue about how my stadium is always empty and yours is borrowed?

No. You have failed.

When using the word, "stupid," to insult someone, it's really wise to have one's facts straight. And if you're going to lazily copy & paste such an item, you should at least offer a correction. Otherwise you look just as foolish.

Thanks for playing.

Your team sucks.

Archived