Who is the best NFL QB youve ever seen?

PatriotReign37

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its Elway for me.

5 Super Bowls appearances and although Montana never lost his 4, Elway was absolutely huge in the getting to the first 3.

9 Pro Bowls vs 8 for Montana.

I've never seen another NFL QB with an arm like Elway. He would roll out virtually to the sideline and fire a laser the width of the field to a WR.

Elway was clutch when the chips were down.

Any reason for Young?

Yes, he was handed the keys to a dynasty and lucked out winning one thanks to the rift btw Jimmy Johnson and Jerry Jones. he always came up small in January against dallas and Green Bay. I see too many people that conisder him a top 5-10 QB and he's not close. He was awful in TB, whined his way out to a ready made team thinking he'd win SB after SB b/c of how easy Montana made it look and he wound up disappointing in all but one postseason.

I know I'll get killed for this, but I would say Manning and Favre. Although both only won one super bowl, these two quarterbacks were the difference between their teams being a perennial contender and a below average team.

I was too young to see Montana play (by the time I got to be a teenager and really starting following football, he was almost done). Marino and Elway also were on the decline as well (though both were very good even at that time).

That's BS with Favre. Some of those Packers teams were the best teams in the NFL for those years.

Dan Marino is my answer and for your reason. He never had a good team except for 1984.

That's BS with Favre. Some of those Packers teams were the best teams in the NFL for those years.

Dan Marino is my answer and for your reason. He never had a good team except for 1984.

Maybe in 96 and 97, but not after that. In the early part of this decade, Green Bay had no business winning more than six games but they were always in the thick of things because of Favre.

Of course I do agree with Marino to an extent, although like with Montana, by the time I was old enough to really start getting into it, he had gotten injured and was on the downside of his career. Marino's problem is he never had any running game and by the time they got any semblance of a defense, Marino was in the twilight of his career.

Maybe in 96 and 97, but not after that. In the early part of this decade, Green Bay had no business winning more than six games but they were always in the thick of things because of Favre.

Of course I do agree with Marino to an extent, although like with Montana, by the time I was old enough to really start getting into it, he had gotten injured and was on the downside of his career. Marino's problem is he never had any running game and by the time they got any semblance of a defense, Marino was in the twilight of his career.

B/c of favre, the division was cake and so was the conference.

The question "Best quarterback you've ever seen?" My answer to that is Brady. I wasn't a football fan until I was old enough to understand it, in 2002, and Brady is far and away the best I have seen. I don't know how anyone can put Peyton Manning ahead of him, even with hatred for New England.

Montana, by alot. He was the only QB I've ever seen that could not be rattled. Just a mental freak of nature, and a killer in the clutch.

As for Marino, I always thought he was ridiculously over-rated, and never won **** when it counted. Elway was wound too tight, and could rattle himself in a game.

Zolak was the shizzle! But he was no Jeff Blake.

Zolak was so much better as he had a lazy eye. Name another QB with a lazy eye. I dare you.

Seriously the best QB I have seen in person is Brady. I'm proud to say that I saw some atrocious performances by Marino in his later years. Good Times.

No such thing as greatest quarterback. The quarterback had to be fit for the sytem he was in. the first great quarterback I remember was Otto Graham-7 time first team all pro was the oil that Made the Paul Browns team run, then there was Unitas-5 time first team all pro, Joe Montana was a creator within a system that was designed for him , John Elway had maybe the best arm of the great QBs and for any one play was probably the qb u would want and Marino was probably the the best pure passer ever. Brady is good but it was the defense that really won for him. For one game Jet fans would say Namath but it was Matt Snell who was the key player in the game.

JOHNNY UNITAS...I saw the Colts vs the Jets where Joe U (that's what Namath nicknamed himself in HS after his idol) and Johnny U threw for something like 600 combined yards. Unitas pioneered the QB position with talent, guts and class and helped pave the way for those greats you all mention that followed. Imagine what Unitas be worth in today's market. He played for $25 a game back then like many other early NFL icons. God bless you Johnny!

JOHNNY UNITAS...I saw the Colts vs the Jets where Joe U (that's what Namath nicknamed himself in HS after his idol) and Johnny U threw for something like 600 combined yards. Unitas pioneered the QB position with talent, guts and class and helped pave the way for those greats you all mention that followed. Imagine what Unitas be worth in today's market. He played for $25 a game back then like many other early NFL icons. God bless you Johnny!

1972 ... closer to 900 combined yards. Unitas thew for 376 yards and 2 TDs, Namath threw for 496 yards and 6 TDs. One of the greatest passing exibitions in history.

This was really towards the end of Johnny U's great career which is why I din't name him in my best ... I only saw him play late 60's and early 70's which is when he was really a shell of himself, aside from the occasional glimpse like the one he gave in the game against Namath in '72.

But many who saw Johnny's entire career, along with the current greats, say Johnny U was the best.

The question "Best quarterback you've ever seen?" My answer to that is Brady. I wasn't a football fan until I was old enough to understand it, in 2002, and Brady is far and away the best I have seen. I don't know how anyone can put Peyton Manning ahead of him, even with hatred for New England.

Manning has a stronger arm and is just so in control when he plays, not that Brady isn't. Brady is a much better big game QB though. For a season I'd take Manning, 1 game I'd pick Brady and for a game winning drive I'd probably go with Big Ben.

Manning has a stronger arm and is just so in control when he plays, not that Brady isn't. Brady is a much better big game QB though. For a season I'd take Manning, 1 game I'd pick Brady and for a game winning drive I'd probably go with Big Ben.

Manning if you want to win a fnatasy league Championship, Brady if you want to win REAL Championships.

And why?

What exactly do you mean by ever seen?

Seen live as in "went to stadium and saw Joe Kapp play today ?"

I Watched Roman Gabriel play on TV ?

Read about Otto Graham, they say he was just great ?

Well best I ever saw LIVE were Joe N. Kenny S. Dan M., Terry B. Dan F. Bert J. Fran T. Peyton M.

Best I ever SAW on TV were Joe M. Johnny U.

Best I ever READ about were Otto G, Sammy B.

Oh yeah I heard about some guy named Brady heard he might be pretty good.

Peyton Manning. No contest.

Incredible touch and amazing accuracy. Quick release. Ideal size. Arm is strong enough to make every throw. Durable. Pocket awareness. Mental toughness. Not a great runner, but mobile enough to avoid rushers and run for some yards when necessary. Great field vision. And most importantly, he is the most intelligent QB I have ever seen (including Unitas, and that is saying something). Great at reading/exposing defenses, improvising, balancing risk/reward, game/situation awareness, etc.

Peyton Manning. No contest.

Incredible touch and amazing accuracy. Quick release. Ideal size. Arm is strong enough to make every throw. Durable. Pocket awareness. Mental toughness. Not a great runner, but mobile enough to avoid rushers and run for some yards when necessary. Great field vision. And most importantly, he is the most intelligent QB I have ever seen (including Unitas, and that is saying something). Great at reading/exposing defenses, improvising, balancing risk/reward, game/situation awareness, etc.

Mental toughness until the calendar turns to january then he shrivels under the pressure.

Archived