Who is the best NFL QB youve ever seen?

PatriotReign37

Yes, football is a one man sport.

Keep up the good work, sunshine. :rolleyes:

I'm sorry I forgot that whenever the Colts win it is b/c of peyton but when they lose it's the fault of everyone but Peyton.

He's had championship caliber talent around him for almost a decade and has 1 SB appearance. He's not even close to Tom Brady.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm sorry I forgot that whenever the Colts win it is b/c of peyton but when they lose it's the fault of everyone but Peyton.

He's had championship caliber talent around him for almost a decade and has 1 SB appearance. He's not even close to Tom Brady.

Can't even bring yourself to call it a SB win instead of just an appearance. No, you don't have a bias? :rolleyes:

The Colts have hardly had championship calibur defenses and Brady hardly carried mediocre Pats teams on his back. Meanwhile, with even better teams around him than the SB teams, Brady has not won the big one since 2004. Isn't the GOD like adulation of him getting a little tired?

Can't even bring yourself to call it a SB win instead of just an appearance. No, you don't have a bias? :rolleyes:

The Colts have hardly had championship calibur defenses and Brady hardly carried mediocre Pats teams on his back. Meanwhile, with even better teams around him than the SB teams, Brady has not won the big one since 2004. Isn't the GOD like adulation of him getting a little tired?

I don't have a bias, I discuss topics honestly and I feel Peyton Manning os one of the mst overrated QBs in the history of the game. The guy chokes every year in January, he had the one SB run where he playeed well for one half of the 4 playoff games and didn't reach a SB before or after that year despite the talent around him to do so.

His D's have been more than good enough to get to more SBs. The O under the great Peyton averaging 13.6 PPG in their 8 playoff losses has had more to do w/ it.

-one and done in postseason SIX times in 9 trips

-3 home playoff losses

-shutout in a playoff game

-just 5 more TDs than INTs

what a legend:rolleyes:

at their best:

Peyton Manning (12 wins a year guaranteed)

Kurt Warner (1999-2001 there was never a better QB)

Brett Favre (Mr. Gunslinger)

John Elway (those 97-98 teams were amazing)

Steve YOung (i remember watching him throw like 6 300 yard games in a row)

Tom Brady (2007 was one of the top 3 passing seasons ever)

Troy Aikmen (3 rings, consistant)

Donavon McNabb (never gonna win the big one)

Drew Brees (best pure passer in the NFL now?)

Eli Manning or Big Ben (Big Ben has a knack for winning but he's not the smartest guy)

did I rank Steve Young too low???? I'm thinking maybe.

JOHNNY UNITAS...I saw the Colts vs the Jets where Joe U (that's what Namath nicknamed himself in HS after his idol) and Johnny U threw for something like 600 combined yards. Unitas pioneered the QB position with talent, guts and class and helped pave the way for those greats you all mention that followed. Imagine what Unitas be worth in today's market. He played for $25 a game back then like many other early NFL icons. God bless you Johnny!

Actually he was playing fot 25 a game in sandlots when Colts gave him a tryout

Regarding Johnny U: Actually , I meant $25 for sandlot play, not NFL, but wasn't too clear on that, so I stand corrected. Point being, he and many others played for "peanuts" in those days, even in the NFL, compared to today's salaries, which in some cases are for less talent.

It's a close one. I've been following the NFL closely since 1985.

The best two QB's I've ever seen are Brady and Montana. You can't go wrong with either one. Their games are very similar although Brady has the much better arm so I'd probably give the edge to Brady.

The most overrated QB's in my eyes are Dan Marino and Jim Kelly. Both had great Hall of Fame careers but neither belongs anywhere near the Top 5 on the All Time list.

Peyton Manning is hard for me to judge. He's a tremendous QB but it's hard to overlook his postseason record. Far too many flops to belong in the same league as Brady and Montana. Plus he's an indoor QB and I don't think people recognize how much that boosts a QB's stats. It's a HUGE difference.

The most underrated QB in my eyes is a tie between Roger Staubach and Tom Brady. Brady b/c he still doesn't receive anywhere near the amount of recognition he deserves. As a late round pick its as if he needs to prove himself three times as much as a player picked in the first round. First round picks are expected to be great and as soon as they experience success, the great label is thrust upon them. Perhaps b/c people like to be reminded of when their predictions come true. With late picks its the exact opposite.

As for Staubach, you never hear his name mentioned but that guy was a heck of a QB. He gets overshadowed by Bradshaw's four rings but Staubach was the much better quarterback.

The best two QB's I've ever seen are Brady and Montana. You can't go wrong with either one. Their games are very similar although Brady has the much better arm so I'd probably give the edge to Brady.

The most overrated QB's in my eyes are Dan Marino and Jim Kelly. Both had great Hall of Fame careers but neither belongs anywhere near the Top 5 on the All Time list.

Peyton Manning is hard for me to judge. He's a tremendous QB but it's hard to overlook his postseason record. Far too many flops to belong in the same league as Brady and Montana. Plus he's an indoor QB and I don't think people recognize how much that boosts a QB's stats. It's a HUGE difference.

The most underrated QB in my eyes is a tie between Roger Staubach and Tom Brady. Brady b/c he still doesn't receive anywhere near the amount of recognition he deserves. As a late round pick its as if he needs to prove himself three times as much as a player picked in the first round. First round picks are expected to be great and as soon as they experience success, the great label is thrust upon them. Perhaps b/c people like to be reminded of when their predictions come true. With late picks its the exact opposite.

As for Staubach, you never hear his name mentioned but that guy was a heck of a QB. He gets overshadowed by Bradshaw's four rings but Staubach was the much better quarterback.

Staubach was mentioned in my list on page 5 of this thread.

1. Joe Montana

2. John Elway

3. Dan Marino

4. Roger Staubach

5. Tom Brady

And I agree Staubach is very underrated and was better than Bradshaw. For the record, my next 5, based on entire career, would be:

6. Troy Aikman

7. Terry Bradshaw

8. Peyton Manning

9. Brett Favre

10. Steve Young

I am w/ you except on Marino and kelly. Both were great QBs, Marino top 5 and kelly somewhere in the 20-25 range.

John Elway was the Michael Jordan of the NFL IMO. They way he could scramble to avoid pressure then throw the ball 50 yards across his body on a rope is un-matched by any of the greats.

As far as Brady goes, we gotta let his career pan out to determine where he stands imo.

John Elway was the Michael Jordan of the NFL IMO. They way he could scramble to avoid pressure then throw the ball 50 yards across his body on a rope is un-matched by any of the greats.

As far as Brady goes, we gotta let his career pan out to determine where he stands imo.

Michael Jordan excitement wise but Jrodan was also a 6 time Champ. Football is very different but when comparing anyone to Jordan winning has to be a part of it and elway didn't win enough.

Physically not many, if any, had the gifts of Elway but it takes more than physical talent to be great. He was great just not as great as a Montana, Brady, Unitas,...

By far it's Marino, I hated the man. I've watched many of his games against the Jets. Just hated him, he had two midgets for receivers and the man still excelled. As for Brady, how can anyone chose him, he is a system quarterback who does well in the Belicheat system. Look, even that whatever his name quarterback did well in the "Belicheat System" last year. Keep in mind, these are quarterbacks I've seen play, Elway, Kelly, Montana are all great! Brady:yawn:

By far it's Marino, I hated the man. I've watched many of his games against the Jets. Just hated him, he had two midgets for receivers and the man still excelled. As for Brady, how can anyone chose him, he is a system quarterback who does well in the Belicheat system. Look, even that whatever his name quarterback did well in the "Belicheat System" last year. Keep in mind, these are quarterbacks I've seen play, Elway, Kelly, Montana are all great! Brady:yawn:

They lost 6 more games last year w/o Brady. Have you seen Belichciks record w/ and w/o Brady? How well did BB's system do w/ Kosar and Vinny in Cle? w/ Bledsoe in NE? Brady is THE reason the Pats became a dynasty this decade, they were a franchise heading in the wrong direction until he rescued them. Look at the trend below:

1996: 11-5

1997: 10-6

1998: 9-7

1999: 8-8

2000: 5-11

2001: started 0-2 w/o Brady, finished 11-3 w/ him.

well he's arguably the best college QB ever, he's the Micheal Jordan of Canadian Football League Quarterbacks, and even after dominating accross the border has great success in the NFL, so who knows????

His name:

Doug Flutie-best all-around QB, a winner who overcame tremendous odds,like being 5'8" to find a way to do it. at all levels.

BEST NFL QB- has to be Montana as far as who do want with the ball in his hands on the last drive of the last game.

I have to laugh every time I see or hear about system players.

Montana played in Walsh's "West coast offense" system. As, Young did after him.

Kelly played in Levy's "K - Gun" no huddle system

Elway played in Shanahans "Bootleg run oriented" offense system.

Peyton Manning plays in a systems that he excels in.

I have to laugh every time I see or hear about system players.

Montana played in Walsh's "West coast offense" system. As, Young did after him.

Kelly played in Levy's "K - Gun" no huddle system

Elway played in Shanahans "Bootleg run oriented" offense system.

Peyton Manning plays in a systems that he excels in.

Yeah i used to think the system made the QB, now i think it's the other way around.

Archived