Minicamp Day 3

Back from Minicamp and the lone practice session that they had today.

Some notes:

-The team practiced on the Field Turf field today, the grass too wet.

-Brandon Renkart continues to work with the 1st team as David Harris is still not practicing, Bubba Franks still is watching on the side as well.

-Kris Jenkins again was spending some time at both NT and DE.

-When Jenkins was at DE, Sione Pouha, not Howard Green, manned the NT position.

-Kellen Clemens worked with the 1st team offense, again, and Sanchez with the second team.

-Sanchez led a touchdown drive, hitting 3 consecutive passes to David Clowney, on 11 on 11's with the 2nd stringers on both O & D. The 1st stringers did not do this. He started off pretty poor, but then hit his final 4 passes (the 3 to Clowney) and a touchdown pass to Wallace Wright who beat either Lowery or D.Coleman, I forget which, over his shoulder. Up and down day for Sanchez. Started slow and actually, piss poor, but ended very well.

-Sanchez also was intercepted by Eric Smith. Smith's 4th INT of the 3 Day Minicamp. Either Smith just had a good Minicamp or maybe this defense is an excellent fit for him, time will tell.

-Jay Feely didn't miss a single FG attempt to end practice, hitting from 35 to 50 yards out.

-After practice Dustin Keller, Jay Feely, The UDFA TE's, Paul Raymond and MARK SANCHEZ signed. Sanchez stayed and signed for all fans in attendance. Was excellent.

Some notes:

-Brandon Renkart continues to work with the 1st team as David Harris is still not practicing, Bubba Franks still is watching on the side as well.

-Kellen Clemens worked with the 1st team offense, again, and Sanchez with the second team.

-Sanchez led a touchdown drive, hitting 3 consecutive passes to David Clowney, on 11 on 11's with the 2nd stringers on both O & D. The 1st stringers did not do this. He started off pretty poor, but then hit his final 4 passes (the 3 to Clowney) and a touchdown pass to Wallace Wright who beat either Lowery or D.Coleman, I forget which, over his shoulder. Up and down day for Sanchez. Started slow and actually, piss poor, but ended very well.

-Sanchez also was intercepted by Eric Smith. Smith's 4th INT of the 3 Day Minicamp. Either Smith just had a good Minicamp or maybe this defense is an excellent fit for him, time will tell.

-Jay Feely didn't miss a single FG attempt to end practice, hitting from 35 to 50 yards out.

-After practice Dustin Keller, Jay Feely, The UDFA TE's, Paul Raymond and MARK SANCHEZ signed. Sanchez stayed and signed for all fans in attendance. Was excellent.

Nice job!!!

Dan Leberfeld said Eric Smith pulled a hammy:mad:

Who lined up opposite Cotch at 1st team WR?

How did Clemens do?

Brad Smith outside, Chansi Stuckey inside.

Clemens was okay. He made a couple of nice throws in the middle of the field, but he didn't do anything amazing or horrible either. He definitely looked more comfortable, and that is to be expected. I wish he would've drove down the field with the 1st team O vs the 1st team D, but for some reason they only did that with the 2nd team.

Some notes:

+1 Thanks for the report.

Thanks 124, love reading the fans perspective.

Was Sanchez struggling with accuracy?

He overthrew a couple of receivers and threw low once to one of the backs, but for the most part he was in the area. His problem was taking too long to make decisions and too many check downs. Like I said though, as the practice moved along, he looked better. And he really shined in 11 on 11 drills after a couple of bad looking throws to start the drill, he really turned it on.

To me it really looks like Clowney is Sanchez's favorite target.

It figures!! The day I'm not there Sanchez signs. :dohslap:

Nice job and nice pics.

Joe, you were pretty right on with your analysis, I was there for all the sessions.

I particularly liked the way Wallace Wright performed. In fact on the first day session

he looked very good. Afterwards I told him kiddingly that he was more than just

a special teams guy and he said he wastrying to move up.

Also I can see Stuckey becoming the new Wayne Chrebet.

There's a TE Jack Simmons that got a lot of time and I think you may hear a lot

about him in TC.

And that Kris Jenkins is one bbbbbbbbig dude..

On the other side, Jim Lenhard looks like a high school senior.

Joe, you were pretty right on with your analysis, I was there for all the sessions.

I particularly liked the way Wallace Wright performed. In fact on the first day session

he looked very good. Afterwards I told him kiddingly that he was more than just

a special teams guy and he said he wastrying to move up.

Also I can see Stuckey becoming the new Wayne Chrebet.

There's a TE Jack Simmons that got a lot of time and I think you may hear a lot

about him in TC.

And that Kris Jenkins is one bbbbbbbbig dude..

On the other side, Jim Lenhard looks like a high school senior.

WTF man you should've told me and we could've met up. :cheers:

Personally I'm a fan of 82 (Andrew Davie from Arkansas) but I like Simmons as well.

WTF man you should've told me and we could've met up. :cheers:

Personally I'm a fan of 82 (Andrew Davie from Arkansas) but I like Simmons as well.

Yes, we need to coordinate when TC starts. Have our own JN press section. ;)

Our journalistic integrity might suffer, but what the hey ...

:cheers:

You kidding man. From 2-3 when they kicked us out between morning and afternoon session me and a couple of guys got some beers and then filled our water bottles with "gingeragle" for the afternoon session. :)

Archived