WHERE IS OUR LOVE GAL, VERDE

Borgoguy

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What's wrong with scones, anyway? I bake lemon/dried cherry ones all the time for our family. With a cup of coffee, they are an awesome, delicious breakfast. Most people hate scones because they haver only had ones that were badly prepared--over mixed and tough, usually--either at home or store bought. I have never had a scone from the super market (complete garbage/culinary heresy) or bakery that was within a mile of mine, which are light and packed with flavor, if not a boat load of cholesterol from the cream. Anyway, back to the 24 hour Verde channel.

None of that is a scone! Types of scones include: brown scones, white scones and white scones with raisins. Anything else is heresy. Including lemon/dried cherry ones. :P

My mom bakes awesome scones, although I dislike raisins so I try to force her away from those. They go well with butter or raspberry jam, and a coffee. They're one of her Irish specialties.

None of that is a scone! Types of scones include: brown scones, white scones and white scones with raisins. Anything else is heresy. Including lemon/dried cherry ones. :P

My mom bakes awesome scones, although I dislike raisins so I try to force her away from those. They go well with butter or raspberry jam, and a coffee. They're one of her Irish specialties.

I make both the traditional and Americanized versions, just as I do with Irish soda bread. I baked some yesterday with lemon zest and currants. I ate three with coffee this morning. My son could eat 10 and he's as thin as a rail.

I make both the traditional and Americanized versions, just as I do with Irish soda bread. I baked some yesterday with lemon zest and currants. I ate three with coffee this morning. My son could eat 10 and he's as thin as a rail.

I <3 scones. I sound like your son, I pig out on them but am still considered skinny. (I'm 6'3", 165 pounds but I guess look skinnier)

I <3 scones. I sound like your son, I pig out on them but am still considered skinny. (I'm 6'3", 165 pounds but I guess look skinnier)

He's almost 11 and has not cracked 50 lbs yet. But he eats like he has two a$$holes, as my late brother-in-law would say. He's had every developmental test and is normal, just a high metabolism.

The notion that I was on vacation never occurred to anyone? :grin:

Regardless, it's nice to be missed (even if 85% of it was just Borgo! lol)

PS.. Max banned me? How entertaining. :rl:

so what you're saying is this place is just a time filler for you... something to just do when you are bored? we're just a simple prop to occupy your time?

Fine. Be that way.

Archived