New York Mets @ New York Yankees [ Yankee Stadium] Game Thread

Vudu

Yeah, he's right, you know your stadium is a joke when you have Gary Sheffield hit home runs 2 days in a row, and have some bum catcher who shouldn't even be in the majors hit a home run as well.

actually i'd say jonny damon's .535 slg% and the fact that he's ready to best his all-time HR for a season mark by the end of june would be enough proof for me.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, he's right, you know your stadium is a joke when you have Gary Sheffield hit home runs 2 days in a row, and have some bum catcher who shouldn't even be in the majors hit a home run as well.

Bum catcher? Santos has been playing great and is starting to grow on me. He is a good defensive catcher and has been hitting well since he came up. He's batting 270 which is better than a lot of Yankees.

Bum catcher? Santos has been playing great and is starting to grow on me. He is a good defensive catcher and has been hitting well since he came up. He's batting 270 which is better than a lot of Yankees.

Jorge Posada .288

Jose Molina .273

Francisco Cervelli .269

Congrats, your catcher only has a higher batting average then a guy who started the season in Double A Trenton.

Brett Gardner even has a higher average then him... LOL

Kudos to KRod in responding that he doesn't even know who Brian Bruney is.

WTF does Bruney not see Joba celebrate when he's losing 4-0 ???

I honestly never heard of Bruney either. With Joba pulling his crap Bruney's talking ? Hilarious. :biggrin:

Jorge Posada .288

Jose Molina .273

Francisco Cervelli .269

Congrats, your catcher only has a higher batting average then a guy who started the season in Double A Trenton.

Brett Gardner even has a higher average then him... LOL

:rl: What a stupid post . Nothing like comparing an orange to an apple. They play in different leagues, or didn't you notice ?

You're talking about batting averages meanwhile your comparing people who is in AA. Because we all know AA and the Majors are the same thing.:roll:

Wow, I Could have sworn Cervelli was in the majors now. In fact, Cervelli is starting today...

Jeter SS

Damon LF

Teixeira 1B

Rodriguez 3B

Cano 2B

Swisher RF

Matsui DH

Cabrera CF

Cervelli C

Have to disagree on Castillo. The guy had a good April, but that's it. His numbers for May and June have been pretty bad, he's hitting around .230 since April ended.

But at the end of the year if healthy he will provide his usual .285 to .300 BA with a good OBP. Not a power hitter but the guy has hit over .290 8 of the past 10 seasons.

Yeah Swisher Matsui and Arod all suck because SANTOS has a better average then them. LOL

Swisher does suck as a all around baseball player. Occassional power does not make up for inexcusable baserunning, horrible outfield play and weeks on end of no offensive production. Santos has been a nice boost to the Mets during these injuries. He has shown he belongs on a MLB roster.

At least Swisher was able to convince Girardi to allow music in the clubhouse.

Swisher does suck as a all around baseball player. Occassional power does not make up for inexcusable baserunning, horrible outfield play and weeks on end of no offensive production. Santos has been a nice boost to the Mets during these injuries. He has shown he belongs on a MLB roster.

At least Swisher was able to convince Girardi to allow music in the clubhouse.

santos has been a pretty good back-up catcher. another year or 2 and he might be able to be a full-time catcher.

What an ass kicking.

A nobody scrub shuts the Yankees down..

A great pitcher is clobbered.

This Mets team is unbelievable.

We really need our stars to carry this team.

I'm really down on the Yankees now, but not nearly as down as I would be if I were a Mets fan.

What an ass kicking.

it has been that way for years with the Yanks..they see a pitcher for the first time they blow...

Santana is someone who they have played against and probably feel comfortable with him, doesn't mean they should have done what they did today, but Santana has been slowly declining this year, giving up a little more each game.

He may either be getting tired or putting too much pressure on himself.

What an ass kicking.

I'm not trying to be a dick but I want to say the Yanks have hit Johan well in the past. Also, the Yanks are horrid when they face a pitcher first time around, Nieves looked like Doc Gooden on the mound yesterday. Not having Reyes and Delgado made a huge difference in this series, I'm not forgetting they didn't play for you guys.

I'm not trying to be a dick but I want to say the Yanks have hit Johan well in the past. Also, the Yanks are horrid when they face a pitcher first time around, Nieves looked like Doc Gooden on the mound yesterday. Not having Reyes and Delgado made a huge difference in this series, I'm not forgetting they didn't play for you guys.

Not being a dick. Its the truth. But Johan has got to be better or this team isnt going anywhere.

And even if the Mets had their stars playing, they still would have lost 2 of 3.

Archived