** The Brandon Marshall Thread ** [Merged 3X]

Jets Babe

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd be all for it if it wasn't a semi lock for him to girlfriend smack his way out of the league in a few years.

oh gimme a damn break, do you believe everything you see on ESPN, guess what they embellished the story. He didn't beat her. She even said so to Goddell.

dammit.

The Jets arn't going to trade for Marshall because the Broncos are not going to trade Marshall. They just dealt their franchise QB, they now have a rotation of unproven garbage at QB, the last thing that they want to do is trade away one of the best young receivers in the league who could help Orton or Simms.

He is a FA after the season.

The Jets arn't going to trade for Marshall because the Broncos are not going to trade Marshall. They just dealt their franchise QB, they now have a rotation of unproven garbage at QB, the last thing that they want to do is trade away one of the best young receivers in the league who could help Orton or Simms.

McDaniels will **** it up, somehow.

If the Jets don't address this receiver problem I'm not gonna waste my time watching this season. Plus Sanchez will be crucified.

Cotchery & Keller are too good receiving options and Stuckey is a very good slot receiver. We just have to hope that either Clowney, Smith or Wright step up into that #2 spot and perform.

But really we have to hope we can have Plax come here for the 2009 season. :)

Cotchery & Keller are too good receiving options and Stuckey is a very good slot receiver. We just have to hope that either Clowney, Smith or Wright step up into that #2 spot and perform.

But really we have to hope we can have Plax come here for the 2009 season. :)

:shutit:

Stuckey will be a good #3 receiver, Keller is an excellent TE, and Cotch is a GREAT #2 receiver. I don't think he's ready to be a #1. The Jets need to get that #1 type of receiver. Brandon Marshall? Pwease?

Don't you think that's a reason why they would want to trade him? If he is that unhappy don't you think that the Broncos staff would realize that Marshall will not re-sign with them after the upcoming season? Even after his hip surgery. Brandon Marshall is going to be a great young receiver.

The Jets need a new CBA because then they could re-sign Leon and have the chance of signing either Marshall or Edwards as free agency, assuming at least 1 of them is not franchised.

Marshall is a sociopath of the highest order. You just can't have him on your team.

He's definately had his share of run-ins with the law.

According to Orlando-Orange County public records (case 48-2004-MM-012392-O), on Halloween 2004, while a student at UCF, Marshall was arrested in Orlando on charges of assault on a law enforcement officer, refusal to obey, disorderly conduct and resisting an officer.[38]

On January 1, 2007, Marshall was present at "The Shelter," a nightclub in LoDo, Denver, Colorado, along with teammates Javon Walker and Darrent Williams. The trio was attending a birthday party held for and by Denver Nuggets forward Kenyon Martin. As the players were leaving the club in a limousine, Williams was fatally shot in the neck after an unknown assailant opened fire on the vehicle. Willie Clark was later charged with the murder.[39] Walker has stated in interviews that the shooter was likely a nightclub patron whose motive was retaliation after being involved in an altercation with Marshall's cousin earlier that night.[40]

On March 26, 2007, Marshall was arrested in the Highlands Ranch suburb of Denver on suspicion of domestic violence after his girlfriend reported that following a domestic dispute, Marshall prevented a taxi she was in from leaving his house.[41] Charges from the incident were later dismissed on May 25, 2007, after Marshall completed anger management counseling.[42]

In the early morning of October 22, 2007, Marshall was arrested in the Denver-Aurora metropolitan area at the intersection of 14th and Blake St. for driving under the influence of alcohol.[43] A trial was scheduled for September 16, but Marshall instead agreed to a plea bargain four days earlier; he pleaded guilty to a reduced charge of driving while ability impaired.[44] He was sentenced to one-year probation and 24 hours of community service.

On June 12, 2008, Marshall was ticketed for an illegal lane change, then found to be without his license and proof of insurance.[45] The case was eventually dropped as part of a plea bargain for the October 22, 2007 driving incident involving alcohol.[44]

According to an article published in the Rocky Mountain News on July 28, 2008, Douglas County deputies fielded "about 11" calls to Marshall's home since January 2006. The article stated that one one call resulted in Marshall being arrested (the March 26, 2007 domestic dispute), and some did not involve him at all.[46]

A September 17, 2008 article on CompleteColorado.com stated that the solicitor's office in Fulton County, Georgia filed misdemeanor battery charges on September 10 for an alleged incident on March 4, 2008, in Atlanta, Georgia. Marshall was booked on March 6, then released the next day after posting a $1,000 cash bond.[47] The case was assigned to Judge John Mather in Georgia state court. An email from Judge Mather's office to CompleteColorado.com indicated that no court date had been set, but that the date would likely be in November or December.[48]

On March 1, 2009, Marshall was arrested in Atlanta for disorderly conduct after allegedly being involved in a fight with his fiancee, Michi Nogami-Campbell. Marshall was released on a $300 bond.[49] The charges were dropped the following day.[50]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brandon_Marshall#Personal

Hello.......Herm?

I think the Cutler fiasco is more the owner's doing then the Josh.

How so? The whole thing stemmed from the Broncos pursuit of Cassel. That had to be all Josh.

Hello.......Herm?

I think the Cutler fiasco is more the owner's doing then the Josh.

You can't be serious.

UNLESS, you mean it's the owner's doing because he hired Josh.

Otherwise, there would never have been a contemplation of a trade unless Josh was the HC. He created this whole mess with his pursuit of Cassell and then, rather than quashing the situation after it became public, telling Cutler than everyone can be traded. So Josh f'd up on 2 ends.

Marshall is a sociopath of the highest order. You just can't have him on your team.

The funny thing is...I actually have met the guy and hung out with him at different events, he is a nice guy. He always does charity functions and that kind of stuff (then again, what player doesn't? lol). Very very nice guy. It's not like he's Pac Man or Vick...trade for and/or sign this beast.

How so? The whole thing stemmed from the Broncos pursuit of Cassel. That had to be all Josh.

Bowlen made it clear the structuure of the Broncos' front office was going to change when he fired Shannhan. Shannahan ran everything like Belichick and Reid.

Josh was hired to be the HC and Bowlen hired another guy to be the GM. Both answer to Bowlen.

Cutler was quite clear he was 'disappointed' and unhappy after hearing about Shanny's firing. He said he was blindsided by the firing.

Josh does not have the power to execute a trade. I have no doubt Josh talked Casell up and his knowledge of the Patriots probably made the trade seem more enticing. However, he had to convince the new GM, whose career is also on the line, trading for Cassell and trading Cutler is a good idea. Then he had to convince Bowlen it was a good idea. Plus, Bowlen did not do anything to get McDaniels and Cutler to see eye to eye.

I think it is too simplistic to say it is all Josh's fault.

The funny thing is...I actually have met the guy and hung out with him at different events, he is a nice guy. He always does charity functions and that kind of stuff (then again, what player doesn't? lol). Very very nice guy. It's not like he's Pac Man or Vick...trade for and/or sign this beast.

Of course he's being nice, he's at a public event (and you're a hot white chick he was trying to get some *****). I've never met him out at the clubs but going by his arrest record I'd say he's I douche bag just like 99% of all NFL and NBA players. When players are out with their friends out of the cameras watch is when their true colors come out.

That being said I could careless he's a good WR and we need one, sign him.

Of course he's being nice, he's at a public event (and you're a hot white chick he was trying to get some *****). I've never met him out at the clubs but going by his arrest record I'd say he's I douche bag just like 99% of all NFL and NBA players. When players are out with their friends out of the cameras watch is when their true colors come out.

That being said I could careless he's a good WR and we need one, sign him.

Marshall went to UCF...I have seen him at various bars and clubs...from what I saw...there was nothing out of line, nothing like that. I'm not saying that his charges are BS, they are obviously a problem...

But I think a weapons charge is much worse than what Marshall has...

Marshall went to UCF...I have seen him at various bars and clubs...from what I saw...there was nothing out of line, nothing like that. I'm not saying that his charges are BS, they are obviously a problem...

But I think a weapons charge is much worse than what Marshall has...

Yeah but why trade for a guy like that when Plexico is possibly going to be available to play the entire season?

Also, I just dont see this happening. The Broncos cant be that stupid.

Yeah but why trade for a guy like that when Plexico is possibly going to be available to play the entire season?

Marshall is better than Plaxico...by FAR. Plax is a has-been that has a severe case of the dropsies...he can't even catch a ****ing cold. Marshall is one of the best WR's in the NFL right now. Do the math.

Marshall is better than Plaxico...by FAR. Plax is a has-been that has a severe case of the dropsies...he can't even catch a ****ing cold. Marshall is one of the best WR's in the NFL right now. Do the math.

Plax couldn't catch the swine flu in Mexico if it had handles

Ehhh, this might be a little homer talk right now. He is better, no doubt, but not to the extreme you are making it to be, plus Plex has been on winning teams and that something Marshall knows nothing about.

And you are still missing the point, why trade for a guy like Marshall, when you can get a guy like Plex on the cheap as an FA. Draft picks, players, $$$ or just $$$. Do the math.

Marshall is also a bigger thug than Plax.

Have you paid attention to the Broncos' offseason? They can absolutely be that stupid. They traded Jay Cutler for Kyle Orton. :confused0058:

Ehhh, this might be a little homer talk right now. He is better, no doubt, but not to the extreme you are making it to be, plus Plex has been on winning teams and that something Marshall knows nothing about.

And you are still missing the point, why trade for a guy like Marshall, when you can get a guy like Plex on the cheap as an FA. Draft picks, players, $$$ or just $$$. Do the math.

She just wants Marshall because he's a UCF guy.

Are you serious with this?

Behind Braylon Edwards and DeWayne Bowe, Marshall was 3rd in the league in dropped passes. Your statement should be reversed.

Have you paid attention to the Broncos' offseason? They can absolutely be that stupid. They traded Jay Cutler for Kyle Orton. :confused0058:

True. Just amazing considering how smart the Broncos have been in the past.

She just wants Marshall because he's a UCF guy.

I know this.

Are you serious with this?

Behind Braylon Edwards and DeWayne Bowe, Marshall was 3rd in the league in dropped passes. Your statement should be reversed.

pwned.

Archived