** The Brandon Marshall Thread ** [Merged 3X]

Jets Babe

Ehhh, this might be a little homer talk right now. He is better, no doubt, but not to the extreme you are making it to be, plus Plex has been on winning teams and that something Marshall knows nothing about.

And you are still missing the point, why trade for a guy like Marshall, when you can get a guy like Plex on the cheap as an FA. Draft picks, players, $$$ or just $$$. Do the math.

Maybe...but I'll tell you this: Nnamdi Asomugha is the best CB in the league right now...if you think otherwise, you're dumb. Nnamdi said that Brandon Marshall is the toughest guy to bring down, one-on-one.

"Marshall, I'm looking up at him, and I'm a tight end," Kansas City star Tony Gonzalez said. "He's huge."

"If you can't hit him in stride, something's wrong with you," Peyton Manning said. "He's a big ol' target. He's special."

He has awesome size and speed...and despite the legal troubles he has only been suspended for ONE game in his 3 year career so far. I don't even give a **** that he's an alumni of my school...if he went to USF I would STILL want him. He's a beast..

Maybe...but I'll tell you this: Nnamdi Asomugha is the best CB in the league right now...if you think otherwise, you're dumb. Nnamdi said that Brandon Marshall is the toughest guy to bring down, one-on-one.

"Marshall, I'm looking up at him, and I'm a tight end," Kansas City star Tony Gonzalez said. "He's huge."

"If you can't hit him in stride, something's wrong with you," Peyton Manning said. "He's a big ol' target. He's special."

He has awesome size and speed...and despite the legal troubles he has only been suspended for ONE game in his 3 year career so far. I don't even give a **** that he's an alumni of my school...if he went to USF I would STILL want him. He's a beast..

It might not matter the Nnamdi can't keep up with him... because he'll just drop the ball anyways. :D

Marshall is a special talent, but Plax and him are of the same caliber of unstoppable when they are on. I'd be happy with each, but it's hard to discern which is "better". As of right now though my only concern with Burress is how in shape he is considering he's been quite lazy and now out of football for some time now.

Are you serious with this?

Behind Braylon Edwards and DeWayne Bowe, Marshall was 3rd in the league in dropped passes. Your statement should be reversed.

What a flawed stat.

Marshall was 3rd in the entire league with receptions...he had 104. 20 more than Bowe, and about 50 more than Edwards.

I see how it's a problem with Braylon Edwards, but Brandon Marshall's stats were:

104 receptions, 1265 yards, and 6 TDs. He's a pro-bowler. Does he really have problem? No way, Jose. When you're getting thrown to more, you're going to drop a couple more passes than the other guys...sheesh. He was the #3 receiver in the NFL last year...is that really a problem?

What a flawed stat.

Marshall was 3rd in the entire league with receptions...he had 104. 20 more than Bowe, and about 50 more than Edwards.

I see how it's a problem with Braylon Edwards, but Brandon Marshall's stats were:

104 receptions, 1265 yards, and 6 TDs. He's a pro-bowler. Does he really have problem? No way, Jose. When you're getting thrown to more, you're going to drop a couple more passes than the other guys...sheesh. He was the #3 receiver in the NFL last year...is that really a problem?

Oh yeah, and Plaxico is probably out of shape from being out of football for so long, not to mention he's 31 years old with a criminal weapons charge. And Jets fans would rather have this guy than Brandon Marshall..:rolleyes:

Marshall has only been in the league for 3 seasons, and already has been called one of the best WRs in the game right now. Plax has never even had a season with more than 80 receptions....and that was in his prime.

What a flawed stat.

I know, don't get me wrong, I'd love Marshall on this team. He's a beast

I just think it's a bit ridiculous calling out Burress for dropped passes when that's widely considered Marshall's main problem.

It's something I'd have no problem putting up with if he was a member of the Jets. The guy is ridiculously talented.

Look, the bottem line is we right now are entering the season with David Clowney/Brad Smith/Chansi Stuckey playing opposite of Jericho Cotchery. I'll take either Marshall or Burress in a heartbeat and I wouldn't complain either way.

I know, don't get me wrong, I'd love Marshall on this team. He's a beast

I just think it's a bit ridiculous calling out Burress for dropped passes when that's widely considered Marshall's main problem.

It's something I'd have no problem putting up with if he was a member of the Jets. The guy is ridiculously talented.

Look, the bottem line is we right now are entering the season with David Clowney/Brad Smith/Chansi Stuckey playing opposite of Jericho Cotchery. I'll take either Marshall or Burress in a heartbeat and I wouldn't complain either way.

I'll take Marshall and Burress over what we have all day. BUT, if the Jets can make a legit run at Marshall (and they can, he's a FA next year and he wants a new deal)...I'll trade a first and a third for Marshall in a HEARTBEAT. What a sick tandem Marshall and Cotch would be...

I would welcome Plax but best believe that I want the Jets to focus on trading for Marshall or even Boldin first.

I'll take Marshall and Burress over what we have all day. BUT, if the Jets can make a legit run at Marshall (and they can, he's a FA next year and he wants a new deal)...I'll trade a first and a third for Marshall in a HEARTBEAT. What a sick tandem Marshall and Cotch would be...

I would welcome Plax but best believe that I want the Jets to focus on trading for Marshall or even Boldin first.

Lets just agree that we're saying no to Brad Smith.

:D

JB, Marshall may be the better long term solution, but he's worth draft picks and money.

Plax is only worth money.

The Jets could wait until Marshall is an UFA (if there is a new CBA) and sign him. Otherwise, he'll be a RFA and there is no realistic chance at a trade with the Broncos likely putting the higher tender (1st & 3rd)

We'll see how Brandon Marshall fairs with Kyle Orton in 2009 and how Jay Cutler fairs with Devin Hester & Edgar Bennett. Then we'll see who made who or if both are who they are supposed to be. Marshall has way too many issues off the field and I would never trust him in a big spot.

Plaxico Burress? One gun shot in the leg doesn't change what he's done and PROVEN, unlike Marshall who many around the league call a mini-T.O. when it comes to his attitude.

http://www.koaradio.com/pages/cmn.html

NFL insider Adam Schefter reported on 850 KOA in Denver that Brandon Marshall asked Broncos owner Pat Bowlen for a trade during their meeting Friday.

Per Schefter, Bowlen asked Marshall to take some time to reconsider his stance. Marshall is not expected to back down, however, which means the Broncos are right back where they were with Jay Cutler. Though it's possible that a new contract could assuage Marshall, it's more likely that the receiver will continue to push for a trade. Perhaps the Bears will be interested.

Josh McDaniels seems determined to destroy this franchise.

I'm telling you, it's my theory. Bellicheck grooms and trains coordinators to beef up their "rep". But behind closed doors he is hatching an evil, evil plan. He plans on sending his soldiers in as rogue agents, trained in the arts of destroying football teams from the inside. All will be laid to waste until only the Patriots stand. Victims: The Jets (Mangini) The Irish (Weiss) The Broncos (McDaniels) and the Browns x2 because they fired him!!! So they suffer more!!! (Mangini and Crennel)

I stand corrected, the Broncos are morons.

Only if they deal him. I still don't believe that they will but if they do, they certainly are morons and it just goes to show you how much Mike Shanahan meant to that organization.

I'd still rather sign Burress, but I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't be happy with Marshall.

I'm telling you, it's my theory. Bellicheck grooms and trains coordinators to beef up their "rep". But behind closed doors he is hatching an evil, evil plan. He plans on sending his soldiers in as rogue agents, trained in the arts of destroying football teams from the inside. All will be laid to waste until only the Patriots stand. Victims: The Jets (Mangini) The Irish (Weiss) The Broncos (McDaniels) and the Browns x2 because they fired him!!! So they suffer more!!! (Mangini and Crennel)

Nice post. I especially enjoyed the last 2 sentences. :cheers:

This actually makes sense. He hates us and he cant beat the Broncos in the playoffs.

I get it now.

so who would you rather have Plax I can't shoot straight or Brandon I like to beat women???

Sounds like a no brainer. Pass on both. I know we need a wr, but not these guys.

Are you Eric Mangini? Seriously, are you?

There is nobody else out there that can help us win as much as these two.

Who cares if they're choir boys or not?

Are you Eric Mangini? Seriously, are you?

There is nobody else out there that can help us win as much as these two.

Who cares if they're choir boys or not?

Rex Ryan doesn't seem to care so much about that stupid stuff, besides young men can change. The may have had trouble in the past but humans are not like animals. All that Eric Mangini "Jets core values crap" was just that, crap.

I had been screaming for years here that we NEED some scumbag MFers who will rip your eyeball out and then squash it into the turf with his cleats-maybe even a fat bastard who will dive at the QBs knees (hello Wilfat)

Rex Ryan doesn't seem to care so much about that stupid stuff, besides young men can change. The may have had trouble in the past but humans are not like animals. All that Eric Mangini "Jets core values crap" was just that, crap.

I had been screaming for years here that we NEED some scumbag MFers who will rip your eyeball out and then squash it into the turf with his cleats-maybe even a fat bastard who will dive at the QBs knees (hello Wilfat)

Listen, I fully believe we need help at the wr spot. Brad blows. And yes I want some mean and nastys. Like Kendal and Mawaii was. I don't want to have to defend my team because they turn into the Bengals.

Listen, I fully believe we need help at the wr spot. Brad blows. And yes I want some mean and nastys. Like Kendal and Mawaii was. I don't want to have to defend my team because they turn into the Bengals.

One player is not going to turn them into the Bengals. The Jets, aside from Erik Ainge getting busted for roids before last season, have been a squeaky clean team since they found guns in Damien Robinson's trunk, and even that wasn't that big of a deal.

When you can add 1 of the Top 10 WR's in the NFL, you do it. Unless of course his name is Terrell Owens.