** The Brandon Marshall Thread ** [Merged 3X]

Jets Babe

One player is not going to turn them into the Bengals. The Jets, aside from Erik Ainge getting busted for roids before last season, have been a squeaky clean team since they found guns in Damien Robinson's trunk, and even that wasn't that big of a deal.

When you can add 1 of the Top 10 WR's in the NFL, you do it. Unless of course his name is Terrell Owens.

I'd have taken TO. All day and every day. Pissed that he ended up with the Bills.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rumors Fly Of Brandon Marshall To Baltimore

Posted by Mike Florio on June 15, 2009, 6:47 p.m.

As storm clouds gather (again) in Denver between the Broncos and a high profile offensive player, rumors are flying in some circles that Marshall could land in Baltimore.

Though the obvious destination would be Chicago, where Marshall

I'd rather get Marshall honestly at this point. The Burress situation looks bleak & Marshall will be the better receiver, if he isn't already, in one year. Then we will have the target Sanchez needs & we would really be a serious contender. The only problem would be he would be a FA after this year. I still think it's worth the risk to go out and trade for him.

I'd rather get Marshall honestly at this point. The Burress situation looks bleak & Marshall will be the better receiver, if he isn't already, in one year. Then we will have the target Sanchez needs & we would really be a serious contender. The only problem would be he would be a FA after this year. I still think it's worth the risk to go out and trade for him.

I thought so too, but after the Stalworth verdict, I'm not so sure anymore. I would not be surprised if he does 30 days in jail or any @ all.....

I thought so too, but after the Stalworth verdict, I'm not so sure anymore. I would not be surprised if he does 30 days in jail or any @ all.....

Yeah but he might get suspended by Goodell along with other things that don't make the situation look good. He will want a boatload of money too. I have "cooled off" on the Burress talks as well. I don't want Burress on the team at the expense of bringing the circus into town also with the risk of missing some games.

Give me Marshall.

SIGN THIS BEAST!!! DO IT TANNY!!! MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!!

Then go get a damned good attorney on retainer and hire a couples counselor and a bodyguard team and a priest to follow him around as part of his contract. Then break into Bob Kraft's office, get some blackmail pics on Goodell and pay off the NYC DA's office so that this guy can continue to play in the NFL and not end up breaking his fiance's skull on the curb in NYC, or at least not be charged and tried for it and have to face an NFL suspension.

Marshall is better than Plaxico...by FAR. Plax is a has-been that has a severe case of the dropsies...he can't even catch a ****ing cold. Marshall is one of the best WR's in the NFL right now. Do the math.

Come on, now. Plax has played on the biggest stages in his career and has dominated every defense he has come up against in big spots. He single-handedly beat the **** out of the Cowboys, Eagles and Patriots secondaries in HUGE games. While Marshall is younger and more dynamic, the talent gap between the two isn't all that big.

The major difference is in their behavior: Marshall's own teammates think he's insane, while Plax has always and consistently been one of the more propular players on his teams wherever he's been. Marshall is a Pac-Man Jone/Cecil Collins-type nutjob who will always be one bad head-trip away from being thrown out of the league. Burress is just a dope who decided to carry a handgun in the waistband of his sweats at a club.

My source told me that the Jets are one of the teams that are interested in B.Marsh and have "inquired".

I imagine the cost will start at multiple firsts and a starting-quality defensive linemen for Marshall. The Jets can't afford to burn the former and only have one of the latter. Pass.

I imagine the cost will start at multiple firsts and a starting-quality defensive linemen for Marshall. The Jets can't afford to burn the former and only have one of the latter. Pass.

They are asking for a 1st and 3rd per Baltimore. Based on this guys checkered past and likelihood to be suspended at any time, Denver is likely not going to get that from any team. Rumblings of a fair deal to unload this imbecile is about a 2nd and a 5th.

Marshall already saying good-bye to Broncos' fan with blog post. - SI.COM

DENVER (AP) -- Brandon Marshall is saying his good-byes to the Denver Broncos and their fans even as coach Josh McDaniels talks about seeing his holdout Pro Bowl receiver at training camp next month.

Marshall posted a farewell on his blog Tuesday, four days after requesting a trade during a private meeting with team owner Pat Bowlen.

Bowlen hasn't said whether he'll honor Marshall's trade request, and McDaniels says he expects Marshall to report to camp at the end of next month rather than follow Jay Cutler out of town.

Cutler was traded to Chicago in an acrimonious split several weeks after McDaniels talked about bringing Matt Cassel over from New England for a reunion in Denver.

Marshall's beef is primarily financial.

He's scheduled to make $2.2 million in 2009 and he wants more money, befitting a player who has posted consecutive 100-catch seasons and went to the Pro Bowl after last season. But he has health and legal issues that leave him with little, if any, leverage.

In a posting on his blog Tuesday that was titled "Clearing the Air," Marshall wrote: "Life is filled with change, and where I am in my life now change is probably best. It's hard leaving an organization ran (sic) by one of the best owners in all of sports, and someone who's been there for me through my ups and downs.

"The hardest thing was hearing Mr. B wish me luck in the future, but we both came to the conclusion that this is probably the best thing for me to grow on and off the field," Marshall continued. "I thank the Denver fans who embraced my emotion and play on the field and (for) showing me love every time I step outside my door."

Also, Marshall's agent, Kennard McGuire, told FOX31-TV in Denver on Tuesday that "Mr. Bowlen has said that ownership will do everything in its power to accommodate his wishes" for a trade.

McDaniels told The Associated Press on Tuesday night, however, that he expects his Pro Bowl receiver to be in attendance next month when the Broncos reconvene for camp.

"We met after Pat's meeting with Brandon Marshall and we're going to continue our dialogue with Brandon and his representatives," McDaniels said, echoing comments he made earlier to The Denver Post and ESPN. "And we look forward to having Brandon at training camp."

McGuire didn't return messages from The AP.

Marshall is recuperating from hip surgery this spring and he faces a trial later this summer on charges of misdemeanor battery in Atlanta. A conviction could subject him to his second suspension from the NFL in two seasons. He sat out last year's opener and was docked two pay checks after a series of domestic disputes landed him in commissioner Roger Goodell's office.

While Marshall's issue with the team is primarily about money, he also has cited a lack of trust in Denver's medical staff for not wanting to rehab at team headquarters following what he has called a misdiagnosis of his hip injury last year.

He skipped three weeks of voluntary workouts this spring, preferring to rehab under the care of his personal physicians back home in Orlando, Fla., then dodged the mandatory minicamp. After his meeting with Bowlen, Marshall loaded three boxes of belongings into his truck and drove away without speaking to reporters.

Marshall has far outplayed the four-year deal he signed as a fourth-round draft pick in 2006. He made about $1.5 million in each of his first three seasons and his trip to the Pro Bowl last year boosted his 2009 pay to $2.2 million.

However, it's possible he won't be the same player after hip surgery.

Marshall caught 104 passes for 1,265 yards and six TDs last season. But he had several crucial fumbles and also dropped 18 on-target passes, something he blamed on the nerve damage in his right arm, which he said he put through a television set while horsing around with his brother a year ago in the offseason.

Copyright 2009 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

From SI.COM

DENVER (AP) -- Brandon Marshall is saying his good-byes to the Denver Broncos and their fans even as coach Josh McDaniels talks about seeing his holdout Pro Bowl receiver at training camp next month.

Marshall posted a farewell on his blog Tuesday, four days after requesting a trade during a private meeting with team owner Pat Bowlen.

Bowlen hasn't said whether he'll honor Marshall's trade request, and McDaniels says he expects Marshall to report to camp at the end of next month rather than follow Jay Cutler out of town.

Cutler was traded to Chicago in an acrimonious split several weeks after McDaniels talked about bringing Matt Cassel over from New England for a reunion in Denver.

Marshall's beef is primarily financial.

He's scheduled to make $2.2 million in 2009 and he wants more money, befitting a player who has posted consecutive 100-catch seasons and went to the Pro Bowl after last season. But he has health and legal issues that leave him with little, if any, leverage.

In a posting on his blog Tuesday that was titled "Clearing the Air," Marshall wrote: "Life is filled with change, and where I am in my life now change is probably best. It's hard leaving an organization ran (sic) by one of the best owners in all of sports, and someone who's been there for me through my ups and downs.

"The hardest thing was hearing Mr. B wish me luck in the future, but we both came to the conclusion that this is probably the best thing for me to grow on and off the field," Marshall continued. "I thank the Denver fans who embraced my emotion and play on the field and (for) showing me love every time I step outside my door."

Also, Marshall's agent, Kennard McGuire, told FOX31-TV in Denver on Tuesday that "Mr. Bowlen has said that ownership will do everything in its power to accommodate his wishes" for a trade.

McDaniels told The Associated Press on Tuesday night, however, that he expects his Pro Bowl receiver to be in attendance next month when the Broncos reconvene for camp.

"We met after Pat's meeting with Brandon Marshall and we're going to continue our dialogue with Brandon and his representatives," McDaniels said, echoing comments he made earlier to The Denver Post and ESPN. "And we look forward to having Brandon at training camp."

McGuire didn't return messages from The AP.

Marshall is recuperating from hip surgery this spring and he faces a trial later this summer on charges of misdemeanor battery in Atlanta. A conviction could subject him to his second suspension from the NFL in two seasons. He sat out last year's opener and was docked two pay checks after a series of domestic disputes landed him in commissioner Roger Goodell's office.

While Marshall's issue with the team is primarily about money, he also has cited a lack of trust in Denver's medical staff for not wanting to rehab at team headquarters following what he has called a misdiagnosis of his hip injury last year.

He skipped three weeks of voluntary workouts this spring, preferring to rehab under the care of his personal physicians back home in Orlando, Fla., then dodged the mandatory minicamp. After his meeting with Bowlen, Marshall loaded three boxes of belongings into his truck and drove away without speaking to reporters.

Marshall has far outplayed the four-year deal he signed as a fourth-round draft pick in 2006. He made about $1.5 million in each of his first three seasons and his trip to the Pro Bowl last year boosted his 2009 pay to $2.2 million.

However, it's possible he won't be the same player after hip surgery.

Marshall caught 104 passes for 1,265 yards and six TDs last season. But he had several crucial fumbles and also dropped 18 on-target passes, something he blamed on the nerve damage in his right arm, which he said he put through a television set while horsing around with his brother a year ago in the offseason.

Copyright 2009 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Okay so its pretty much a definite that the Broncos are going to deal away their two best young up and coming players in the same offseason.

Wowza :rl:

Oh how that organization has fallen in 6 months. Wow.

If I was a fan, I'd show up like this: :bag:.

My source told me that the Jets are one of the teams that are interested in B.Marsh and have "inquired".

I hope we pass on him... We're looking for a smash mouth football team not a smash your girlfriend in the mouth football team... The team has good chemistry and there's no need for that kind of a distraction anywhere down the road.

They are asking for a 1st and 3rd per Baltimore. Based on this guys checkered past and likelihood to be suspended at any time, Denver is likely not going to get that from any team. Rumblings of a fair deal to unload this imbecile is about a 2nd and a 5th.

Word. I'll only give them a first if they promise to deliver Marshall with a busload of Ritalin to keep him in check.

You absolutely have to sign this guy.

He's an elite WR in every way, get him!

Don't you mean trade for him? He is under contract for another year, and you know Denver won't let a player of his caliber just walk.

Don't you mean trade for him? He is under contract for another year, and you know Denver won't let a player of his caliber just walk.

Yeah, that.

Get him, even if it costs a 1st and a 3rd. The guy is that good and IMO will only get better. He's a truly dominant WR.

Yeah, that.

Get him, even if it costs a 1st and a 3rd. The guy is that good and IMO will only get better. He's a truly dominant WR.

I don't know man, that's really risky. There will be an absolute bidding war next year for him in the open market, so it could very well be trading a 1 & a 3 for a one year rental. He is easily among the top 5 receivers already, and he is only getting better.

Archived