Confederations Cup Thread

Mavrik

WOW. JUST WOW. Two needed winds (Us and Brazil) AND a 6 goal difference swing......WTF? Who saw that coming? GO USA!!!!!!!!

Yeah, it was amazing. I don't watch a lot of soccer, but I will definitely try to catch the US & Spain on Wednesday.

Amazing win. Great job US. That referee is a sham. To have given a red card for Bradley's tackle is ludicrous at best. I would not have argued with a yellow, but red is a joke of the highest order. I recognize that ref as having caused similar problems in the past. Ban that POS from any future match.

Couldn't begin to tell you how proud of the Yanks I am right now. Absolutely brilliant game. Everyone played hard for a full 90 minutes and this will go down as one of the biggest upsets in U.S. Football history. Bring on Brazil!!!!!!!!

Well, the big day is finally here. I'm planning on meeting up with a bunch of other Americans at an ex-pat bar tonight to watch the game. Stoked, but not going to get my hopes up too much. But I think we've got a shot to do something here if Brazil plays the way they did against South Africa.

Anyone got plans to watch the game? I know it's on 2:30 there in the States.

Well, the big day is finally here. I'm planning on meeting up with a bunch of other Americans at an ex-pat bar tonight to watch the game. Stoked, but not going to get my hopes up too much. But I think we've got a shot to do something here if Brazil plays the way they did against South Africa.

Anyone got plans to watch the game? I know it's on 2:30 there in the States.

I was just watching some of the consolation match. I'm doing all my cooking early so I can watch the US pull out a surprise win against Brazil. Good luck, guys.

I'm pumped too. Me and like 3 or 4 other friends are getting together to watch the game on my buddys 52 inch HD TV, it's going to be great.

For about 30 minutes, and then the Brazillians are going to crush the U.S.

The odds say that you are correct. But they also pointed to Spain kicking our a$$. Maybe the ball bounces our way today.

Maybe.

Howard needs to be huge obviously, but I bet the Brazillian coaches show their players the look of the Spain players after Dempsey scored that goal.

Last week's win was possibly the biggest for USA Soccer since ironically, they beat Brazil.

I'm pumped but I just can't see the USA pulling this one off. Knocking off 2 world powers in 1 week..... can't say I like those odds.

Next thing you're going to ask is for the Jets to sweep the season series against the Patriots.

WOW...WOW...WOW...WOW. There is an eternity left, but what a half of futbol for the US squad. Two quality strikes, especially Donovan's. Tim Howard is all world today.

Howard is playing out of his mind, he even stoned the guy who was off-sides after the whistle. I'm surprised he didn't get a yellow for playing on, since if the refs really wanted to nit-pick they could've. Brazil will probably score one, but we're playing fantastic D and Howard is on FIRE