Confederations Cup Thread

Mavrik

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That sucks for the U.S.

Really played well.

Not really. You can't give up three in the second half, especially if you're up by two. BTW, does anyone else hate J.P. DellaCamera? This guy acted like he was part of the Brazilian team after each score. Plus, you ever hear a worse play-by-play guy? It makes me insane when he tells you the [player's name who touches the ball. It's not f**king American football, dunce. Let the game unfold and comment on the important stuff. He's been doing this awful announcing for years. Move to brazil, JP.

Not really. You can't give up three in the second half, especially if you're up by two. BTW, does anyone else hate J.P. DellaCamera? This guy acted like he was part of the Brazilian team after each score. Plus, you ever hear a worse play-by-play guy? It makes me insane when he tells you the [player's name who touches the ball. It's not f**king American football, dunce. Let the game unfold and comment on the important stuff. He's been doing this awful announcing for years. Move to brazil, JP.

Did ESPN send the commentators to South Africa or were they in Bristol calling the game? ESPN has admitted they do that all the time in their soccer coverage.

Did ESPN send the commentators to South Africa or were they in Bristol calling the game? ESPN has admitted they do that all the time in their soccer coverage.

The announcers were in Bristol. Harkes was a part of the pregame show.

Brazil just blew the US off the field in the second half. That quick goal really tuned the game around. After that the US just fell into a rut and were on defense the whole second half.

I wish Bradley had made his substitutions a bit earlier. The team needed a lift, but Bradley waited until it was too late. Tough loss but hopefully a building block.

How about the talk about penalty kicks with the game tied and 20 minutes to go in regulation? Seriously, what the hell man? He was making a fool of himself...

Brazil just blew the US off the field in the second half. That quick goal really tuned the game around. After that the US just fell into a rut and were on defense the whole second half.

I wish Bradley had made his substitutions a bit earlier. The team needed a lift, but Bradley waited until it was too late. Tough loss but hopefully a building block.

Word.

That sunk the U.S. A valiant effort, but in the end the better side won.

Not a very surprising 2nd half. The US did well to score twice. It sucked losing like that, but Brazil showed why they're a top team in the world. Kaka is incredible.

I agree with Bradley's tactics, but some of his player selections are questionable. Conor Casey, who is slow, fat and terrible and should never play for the USMNT, and DeMarcus Beasley, who got significant playing time earlier in the tournament, maybe should have gotten another chance by subbing in. I wouldn't have minded seeing Adu either.

Not really. You can't give up three in the second half, especially if you're up by two.

It's Brazil man, they have some great attackers. A two goal lead isn't much for them with a half left to play.

The U.S did well to get as far and come as close as they did. It was a good tournament for you guys.

It's Brazil man, they have some great attackers. A two goal lead isn't much for them with a half left to play.

The U.S did well to get as far and come as close as they did. It was a good tournament for you guys.

I thought they had an excellent tournament, too. I know Brazil is a powerhouse, but three second half goals is a bit much to take. (Actually, the US gave up four, as Kaka's goal should have counted.) They gave Brazil way too much space in the second half.

On a related note, those dopey horns need to be banned for the world cup next year. It's beyond annoying and I will need to watch the games with no sound.

YES! Sounds like they're playing inside a beehive or something. So annoying...they don't even make different noises. Just the same buzz-buzz all game long. Don't people get tired of blowing those things? (By those things, I mean the horns. :hand:)

Archived