Proud Father Moment

So today my daughter, who will be 5 in September, tells me she has to go potty and heads into the bathroom. I'm cleaning the kitchen a few moments later when I realize she's been in there longer than normal. I yell "Are you still in there?" and I hear her answer from behind the closed bathroom door.

Sure as hell, I open up the door and she's in there, sitting on the throne, with one of her children's books from her room. She looked up at me and said, "Dad I'm just reading while I'm going potty".

God bless that beautiful girl. She has a bright future.

:rl: Good stuff. I personally never understood the whole reading on the throne thing. I'm in there to get one job done and am not interested in hanging around there any longer than necessary.

+ 1. Though I did start playing games on my phone while I squeeze one out. Its quite enjoyable.

So today my daughter, who will be 5 in September, tells me she has to go potty and heads into the bathroom. I'm cleaning the kitchen a few moments later when I realize she's been in there longer than normal. I yell "Are you still in there?" and I hear her answer from behind the closed bathroom door.

Sure as hell, I open up the door and she's in there, sitting on the throne, with one of her children's books from her room. She looked up at me and said, "Dad I'm just reading while I'm going potty".

God bless that beautiful girl. She has a bright future.

She's a star in the making. All she has to do now is start posting on JN and wearing a jetsrule128 AFL jersey

:rl: Good stuff. I personally never understood the whole reading on the throne thing. I'm in there to get one job done and am not interested in hanging around there any longer than necessary.

My "throne room" looks like a library. :biggrin: Time management Alk.

Your daughter is a cutie Pat.

why is she not wearing her JETS gear? Huh?

...just kiding/cute kid :)

She's very cute, Guns. Make sure you buy her an ice cream for her excellent comment.

She's a star in the making. All she has to do now is start posting on JN and wearing a jetsrule128 AFL jersey

You made her a Jets fan? That's awful of you.

Then again, you do live in Detroit so the alternative option would have been even more miserable.

Come on, off the top of my head, I'd rather be a Jets fan than: Bengals, Browns, Raiders, Chiefs, Broncos, Jags, Redskins, Cardinals, Rams, Lions, Patriots, Bills, Dolphins.

:biggrin:

**But to G.O.B. - congrats. I remember when I took my first dump without a diaper. I was so excited, as I'm sure you & your daughter are right now. ;)

Thanks fellas. I'm a spoiled dad and the most fortunate person in the world, that is for sure. She is absolutely the greatest and happiest kid in the world and brightens up my life. Not sure what I ever did to deserve her, but I thank my lucky stars.

She's grown out of her Jets gear so I need to do some shopping, that's for sure. She loves football, hockey and baseball.....and has been firing off J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets as of late. As happy as that makes me, I worry I may be brought up on charges for that. :)

Now is as good as time as any to announce that I have number 2 on the way as we speak. My wife (Version 2.0 :razz: ) is going on 15 weeks with a due date of December 9th. It will be her first and I'm very excited to bring another Jets, Wings & Tigers fan into this world. That being said, my planned road trip to Indy in December is cancelled. :head:

My daughter asked me if Uncle Thor was still on that list with all of those other guys on the Internet. I told her that they were just roomates at a very intense college, that's all.

what ever you, do not, I repeat, do not buy her the flight crew outfit until she is 18.

I worry about my sisters all the time, just can't imagine having a daughter to worry all the time about too. Man I am a big wuss

Archived