Plexico=Superbowl contender

lancemehl

And he spelt his name wrong in the title...

who gives a crap if he spelt his name wrong. we know who he's talking about. The point is Plax hasn't been the receiver he once was. His yards have dropped since 2005. He is a crappy teammate, shows up to meetings late if at all, won't run full speed in practice, and if he doesn't get the ball early in games he gives up during the game.

I'm telling you guys, we don't need an attitude like his bringing us down. And no I don't want a freaking choir boy. I want a hard nose player that comes in here to bust is ass so he can bust other teams ass on sun.

who gives a crap if he spelt his name wrong. we know who he's talking about. The point is Plax hasn't been the receiver he once was. His yards have dropped since 2005. He is a crappy teammate, shows up to meetings late if at all, won't run full speed in practice, and if he doesn't get the ball early in games he gives up during the game.

I'm telling you guys, we don't need an attitude like his bringing us down. And no I don't want a freaking choir boy. I want a hard nose player that comes in here to bust is ass so he can bust other teams ass on sun.

I don't want him either, but claiming he's on the decline is a bit much. He averaged 20 yards per in '04. Did you expect him to keep that up? In his last two full seasons he had 10 and 12 TDs. During this "great decline" he has averaged better than 14.5 yard per catch. I hate the guy more than you can imagine, but his athletic ability and pure numbers dwarf Coles and Cotchery. He'd be a huge upgrade over anything we've had in years.

He was a crappy teammate in Pittsbugh. He was lazy in Pittsburgh. He came to the Giants and they probably don't win the super bowl without him. Last season the Giants went from the best team in football with him to one and done putting up 11 points in the playoffs. All the things you say about him are true, but they are also true of Terrell Owens and many other WR.

we can have him all year--but not necessarily all season. If his case goes to trial in the beginning of january and, as you predict, we make the playoffs, then what? We go to the playoffs without him and the team's accomplishments are overshadowed by his criminal case--too big a distraction, too big a risk, too big an idiot. Steelers and Giants are solid franchises. They released him for a reason. Let him work out his troubles playing for someone else.

i didn't predict it would be the beginning of january, but i'm sure it will be push till after th SB .these thing can happen, lots of influence money has.

I don't want him either, but claiming he's on the decline is a bit much. He averaged 20 yards per in '04. Did you expect him to keep that up? In his last two full seasons he had 10 and 12 TDs. During this "great decline" he has averaged better than 14.5 yard per catch. I hate the guy more than you can imagine, but his athletic ability and pure numbers dwarf Coles and Cotchery. He'd be a huge upgrade over anything we've had in years.

He was a crappy teammate in Pittsbugh. He was lazy in Pittsburgh. He came to the Giants and they probably don't win the super bowl without him. Last season the Giants went from the best team in football with him to one and done putting up 11 points in the playoffs. All the things you say about him are true, but they are also true of Terrell Owens and many other WR.

Added to that argument - even if Plaxico's #'s decline & he isn't as productive as he once was, just his presence on the field will almost always command a double team, which will free up other receivers/TE's/RB's. That is what you don't see in the stats.

He didn't win a ring with Ben but he was close. He is known for helping rookies.

We sure can use his help. I just wish we can have him for more than one season.

he helped him be very successful i thought he won that year, doesn't change my argument. he's perfect.

We are not 1 Plexico away from winning the super bowl.

Would he improve us? Yeah. But we still have lots of other problems.

i wrote super bowl contender, If i knew it was my last year in the league before a 3 year bid, i'd want it to be as good as possible, but......i'm also sure it's a strong locker room,strong coach, and I KNOW Sanchez would LOVE Ploxico,which is how i will refer to him all season if he is acquired.

he helped him be very successful i thought he won that year, doesn't change my argument. he's perfect.

He's not perfect. He's far from perfect. He's a douche. Coach T had that 100% correct.

i wrote super bowl contender, If i knew it was my last year in the league before a 3 year bid, i'd want it to be as good as possible, but......i'm also sure it's a strong locker room,strong coach, and I KNOW Sanchez would LOVE Ploxico,which is how i will refer to him all season if he is acquired.

Do we have a strong coach? I have no idea. I know he is chatty, but that doesn't mean he can control an unruly lockerroom. I thought anybody would expect a guy to be a more positive influence because he was going to do prison time.

ps17 i agree with that bit about taking pressure off of our wr and te. That I think he could do. But he is wanting top money and I do agree with us having a strong coach to maybe curb his laziness.

I don't know guys, I just feel we are going to have a great season and I don't want any a holes fing it up.

We need a wr though. Marshall isn't the answer either. Dude is coming off a hip injury. who knows what he'll be like.

there's got to be some stud 6'4" dude that can run a 4.4 and catch a greased pig out there somewhere.

If #1W WR is not a need on this team then I'd really love to know what the **** a need actually is on any team.

first off Burress isn't a true #1... not like LFitz, Andre/Calvin Johnson, Randy Moss, Steve Smith etc. He's a big possession receiver that can play the 1... like Ward, Coles, etc.

but the greater point is that you need alot of things to win a Super Bowl, a true #1 WR is not one of those things. You need to run, stop the run, pass a little, pass rush alot but you don't _need_ a #1 WR to win the big one. This team is built like the 1985 bears, 1986 giants and or 1987 bears... 2008 Steelers... strong running, strong defense... QB play that hopefully does just enough to win... they are not built like the Montana niners that need a JerryRice star WR to accompany the star Qb.

in fact the Bears NEED Plexico... the Jets it would be a nice to have... which is why Burress goes to Chicago. Let it go Jets fans, it's not gonna happen.

plaxico epitomizes everything that is wrong with sports today. he will rip this team apart ala TO in dallas. if the jets wanted to take a chance on a cancer like burress they should have signed TO for $6.5M - at least TO didn't shoot himself in the leg, he plays as hard as anyone in the league, and he is a true #1 wr.

first off Burress isn't a true #1... not like LFitz, Andre/Calvin Johnson, Randy Moss, Steve Smith etc. He's a big possession receiver that can play the 1... like Ward, Coles, etc.

but the greater point is that you need alot of things to win a Super Bowl, a true #1 WR is not one of those things. You need to run, stop the run, pass a little, pass rush alot but you don't _need_ a #1 WR to win the big one. This team is built like the 1985 bears, 1986 giants and or 1987 bears... 2008 Steelers... strong running, strong defense... QB play that hopefully does just enough to win... they are not built like the Montana niners that need a JerryRice star WR to accompany the star Qb.

in fact the Bears NEED Plexico... the Jets it would be a nice to have... which is why Burress goes to Chicago. Let it go Jets fans, it's not gonna happen.

This post makes no sense. There is literally no logic involved whatsoever. You contradict yourself at least 5 times.

FWIW, in the last 2 SB's, here a list of WR's that played in that game....Hines Ward, Santonio Holmes, Larry Fitz, Anquan Boldin, Randy Moss, Wes Welker, Plaxico Burress...should I keep going?...Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Mushin Mohammed, T.O, Steve Smith....point is. You dont need one, but it surely helps the cause.

I read this, and then this happened.

thumb_exploding-head.gif

How is Burress not a true #1?

Bitoni's football credibility just shrunk down to the size of Sammy Sosa's testicles

hey Bitoni, remember the Green Bay game before the Superbowl in '07?

that's not bad for a "#2" reciever :D

Jets Owner Woody Johnson was on the Boomer Esiason Show and spoke on quite a few Jets topics regarding the team, the future, the new stadium, and more. Woody is a great NFL owner and unlike some other NFL owners, constantly puts us in a position to win. Here

Archived