Anyone offended by Favre?

NYJ37/12

I have to admit this whole thing is bothering me and I wish it didn't. I was fine that he retired. He was never a JET anyway, but at the time I did want a return. Hindsight being 20/20 I like the way our off season has turned out, especially with Sanchez.

However, the fact that this has been his plan all along pisses me off. He did not want any part of our team, last year or this year. He says the Vikings are ready to win now, yet the team he was on last year was rocketing towards the playoffs until he basically destroyed them playing hurt.

I guess him not wanting our team is what really bothers me. I do have insecurity issues of abandonment.;) F him and the freaking Vikings. There, I feel better.

I wish the guy the best. The only thing that bothers me is that if his arm was so bad towards the end of last season he should have sat instead of hurting the team the last few weeks.

If i were in the Vikings shoes, (and i was many a year suffering through scrub after scrub QB) I would still be elated to have him join my team. He may have lost a step or 3 but he's still better than anything they currently have on their roster imo.

I have to admit this whole thing is bothering me and I wish it didn't. I was fine that he retired. He was never a JET anyway, but at the time I did want a return. Hindsight being 20/20 I like the way our off season has turned out, especially with Sanchez.

However, the fact that this has been his plan all along pisses me off. He did not want any part of our team, last year or this year. He says the Vikings are ready to win now, yet the team he was on last year was rocketing towards the playoffs until he basically destroyed them playing hurt.

I guess him not wanting our team is what really bothers me. I do have insecurity issues of abandonment.;) F him and the freaking Vikings. There, I feel better.

No way will he ever offend me. I despised him before he even came here and saw right through his tired ass act. The thing that bothered me the most about this whole thing is how a lot of our fanbase didn't see right through this charade. I guess so many years of loser mentality will do that to you. We need to continue developing our own home grown leaders. Sanchez I like because he wants to be here. Same thing with Rex. Same with Revis and Washington. Big Daddy Jenks is the kind of free agent I love. He truly loves being here.

I only want players who will be proud to wear our colors. Enough with trying to squeeze out one last ounce of glory from has been players that built their legacy on other teams. Where's the pride in that? We will win with our own and we'll feel even better for it!!!!

Offended by Favre? No.

He served his purpose. He freed the Jets of both Chad and Mangini, and led the way to the Jets finally trying to get a young franchise QB.

If he wants to hurt his legacy, so be it. That doesn't affect the Jets or their fanbase.

....... Big Daddy Jenks is the kind of free agent I love. He truly loves being here.

I only want players who will be proud to wear our colors. Enough with trying to squeeze out one last ounce of glory from has been players that built their legacy on other teams. Where's the pride in that? We will win with our own and we'll feel even better for it!!!!

They are all Mercenaries. Hate to tell you, but they don't really care who they play for. It's a fraternity. The only time they really care is when they want to go somewhere that they feel represents a better opportunity for them. Like Jenks enjoying the NY Spotlight.

I wish the guy the best. The only thing that bothers me is that if his arm was so bad towards the end of last season he should have sat instead of hurting the team the last few weeks.

Is your problem with Favre or Eric then? Do you know any good QB that would decide to sit when given the choice?

They're wasting serious RB talent in Minny. Favre makes them a legitimate 1 year contender IF THEY CAN CONTROL HIM. And good luck with that.

Yeah but do you think Favre's gonna be back to 2006 form after his offseason surgery? I do agree Minny is wasting Peterson away without a legitimate passing attack.

Yeah but do you think Favre's gonna be back to 2006 form after his offseason surgery? I do agree Minny is wasting Peterson away without a legitimate passing attack.

Nope. and I think you are referring to 07 as 06 ws forgettable for him. He won't be in 2007 form until he commits to a team like he did in 2007 and that ship has already sailed. In 2007 he decide he would go to camp, work as hard as he ever did, work out with the team and take coaching seriously.

Nope. and I think you are referring to 07 as 06 ws forgettable for him. He won't be in 2007 form until he commits to a team like he did in 2007 and that ship has already sailed. In 2007 he decide he would go to camp, work as hard as he ever did, work out with the team and take coaching seriously.

My bad, it as 2007. I just remember cause Jennings was a TD machine that year for my fantasy team.

If Favre had stayed healthy we probably make the playoffs and Mangini & Favre are back again here in 2009 making another run at things.

But lets not kid ourselves here, Favre always wanted to be a Viking the second that Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy told him that they didn't want him anymore. Minnesota runs the same exact offense Favre ran for 16 years in Green Bay, with the same terminology and he is back in the NFC North. Not to mention the whole "sticking it to the Packers" thing.

He's always wanted to be a Viking since last June. Now he has his chance.

Offended by Favre? No.

He served his purpose. He freed the Jets of both Chad and Mangini, and led the way to the Jets finally trying to get a young franchise QB.

If he wants to hurt his legacy, so be it. That doesn't affect the Jets or their fanbase.

I'm not offended by Brett either. He is what he is... A sefish player who puts himself BEFORE the team. The reason he didn'y want to sit when he was hurt was to keep his "streak" going (consecutive games played) You won't see him going to a team with a good QB like a Peyton Manning, Eli Manning, Drew Brees, or any other QB that is better than him. He doesn't believe in competition for the QB job.

I'm not offended by Brett either. He is what he is... A sefish player who puts himself BEFORE the team. The reason he didn'y want to sit when he was hurt was to keep his "streak" going (consecutive games played) You won't see him going to a team with a good QB like a Peyton Manning, Eli Manning, Drew Brees, or any other QB that is better than him. He doesn't believe in competition for the QB job.

Why the **** would a team with an established QB sign Favre?

Why the **** would a team with an established QB sign Favre?

Yeah, I was going to say the same thing.

No team without a QB issue like the Patriots, Colts, Falcons Bears & Saints would want Favre.

In the past few years, he has proven to be a completely selfish SOB. He never wanted to be a Jet, and he is too cowardly to compete in the same conference as Brady, Manning, and Roethlisberger. Also, he can't make up his mind about retirement, and the yearly drama is tiring.

However, it is all understandable to a certain degree. He wants to go out on top and put himself in the best possible position to succeed. He's having trouble letting go of the game and wants to make one final push into greatness.

What bothers me is the media love fest for Favre. If the average player pulled half the stunts that Favre has in the past, he would be lambasted and ostracized by the media. He's given a free pass because he is the almighty Favre. The preferential treatment gets under my skin.

Archived