Good Ryan Interview "If We Had To Start Tody Clemens is the QB"

flgreen

We still have 5 weeks of Training Camp and 4 Preseason Games to be played. Of course the guy whose ran the offense for 3+ years is ahead of the rookie right now.

Lets see how they do in games and in TC, working every single day for 5 weeks.

I think Sanchez will be the starter Week 1.

We still have 5 weeks of Training Camp and 4 Preseason Games to be played. Of course the guy whose ran the offense for 3+ years is ahead of the rookie right now.

Lets see how they do in games and in TC, working every single day for 5 weeks.

I think Sanchez will be the starter Week 1.

I've got $5000 in vCash on Clemens to start the season...

...which I fully expect to lose.

The finances make it impossible to start Clemens. He is gone after this year because the Jets can't afford to give him a new contract after what they paid Sanchez, so they have to play Sanchez to see if he is the real deal.

The finances make it impossible to start Clemens. He is gone after this year because the Jets can't afford to give him a new contract after what they paid Sanchez, so they have to play Sanchez to see if he is the real deal.

Again - Not true

If a guy isn't ready then he isn't ready. I want Sanchez to play as much as anyone but if Ryan genuinely believes we have a shot to win this year with Clemens at QB and likes what he sees from him then IMO you have to go with him if Sanchez has shown nothing.

No, I think Clemens is terrible.

Not nearly as bad as you think.. People write off Chad's ****ty 2007, but the team he played with was at least whole. By the time Clemens got in there both Cotch and coles were banged up/out and the team was 1-7. horrid scenario for a 2nd year qb to be thrust in, specially when his first 4 games were against top 5-6 defenses at the time

Seriously if Sanchez can't beat out Kellen Clemens there is a problem.

The problem probably being that he's a rookie.

He might suck initially, doesn't mean you give up on him.

Tommy Maddox originally beat out Ben Roethlisberger for the QB Job in Bens rookie year.

The problem probably being that he's a rookie.

He might suck initially, doesn't mean you give up on him.

Tommy Maddox originally beat out Ben Roethlisberger for the QB Job in Bens rookie year.

With 16 games of college experiance. I don't think there's every been a highly drafted junior with so little amount of college that was anything but a bust..

We should be careful with him imo. No rush..

Seriously if Sanchez can't beat out Kellen Clemens there is a problem.

People used to say the same thing about Rivers beating out Brees.

Clemens SHOULD start. Sanchez has played 16 total games in college. He isn't ready to just go out there and start unless you're hoping he turns out to be the next Joey Harrington.

People used to say the same thing about Rivers beating out Brees.

Clemens SHOULD start. Sanchez has played 16 total games in college. He isn't ready to just go out there and start unless you're hoping he turns out to be the next Joey Harrington.

The experience thing is really overrated IMO (for college). If Sanchez can play ball, which he can, he should be out there - 16 starts or not. He will be ready by the time September comes. That's a long way away & he will pick up the system and learn the playbook better and better. That's why all this "If today was opening day, Clemens would start" is bull****. Of course he would start. Sanchez has barely been here a month, Clemens has for 4 years. Sanchez will get it better over the summer & he WILL start opening day - because he is the better quarterback.

This is not surprising at all. The fact is that Clemens has a much better grasp of the system and speed of the game. He will start the season unless injured, and that is a good thing. There should be no rush in putting Sanchez out there unless he is clearly the better player in TC and preseason which is highly doubtful.

When we are 3-4 going into the bye week, it's Sanchez time.

I'm sure there has. :roll: Besides Sanchez has 16 more games experience coming out of the same school and program than Cassel. :P

Matt Cassel got three years of coaching in the NFL before his first start. But other than Cassel I can't think of a single QB with so little college experince becoming an NFL QB. The drafting of Cassel in the 7th round many considered a risk because of his lack of experience.

All of which leads me to think that IF Sanchez becomes a franchise QB, it is going to require a path similiar to Romo's not Flaccos.

If Jon Kitna can start over Carson Palmer for his rookie year, Kellen Clemens can start over Mark Sanchez for his. I don't understand why people think Sanchez has to start. Quite frankly, despite what happened with Ryan and Flacco last season, given the general level of success (or lack thereof) of rookie QBs, I'd much rather not have Sanchez forced into action from day one unless the Jets really think he's up for the challenge. If Clemens can step up and win this thing, I think that's a good thing for this team.

I never understood why fans favored one QB over another. Its a competition right now, we don't know who's better. We can't just take Rex's word for it come week 1? I mean, thats his job. To put the best team on the field.

Matt Cassel got three years of coaching in the NFL before his first start. But other than Cassel I can't think of a single QB with so little college experince becoming an NFL QB. The drafting of Cassel in the 7th round many considered a risk because of his lack of experience.

All of which leads me to think that IF Sanchez becomes a franchise QB, it is going to require a path similiar to Romo's not Flaccos.

Joe Montana only started 22 games in college. :bag:

If Jon Kitna can start over Carson Palmer for his rookie year, Kellen Clemens can start over Mark Sanchez for his. I don't understand why people think Sanchez has to start. Quite frankly, despite what happened with Ryan and Flacco last season, given the general level of success (or lack thereof) of rookie QBs, I'd much rather not have Sanchez forced into action from day one unless the Jets really think he's up for the challenge. If Clemens can step up and win this thing, I think that's a good thing for this team.

Kitna was a starting QB. If Clemens was a starting QB, Sanchez probably wouldn't be here.

This offense was being set up to be easy on the QB before they made the trade for Mark. Something that could be executed by a young, inexperienced QB - such as Clemens. But now that they've made a trade for the future of the franchise, it seems unlikely that Clemens will get the nod to start the season.

It's still too early to tell. I'd say wait for the preseason; see how each QB is doing, and see how the coach is dividing up the work. Clemens will start the season if he's kicking ass, anything less and it'll be Sanchez.

Archived