1966 Orioles World Series

Jet Moses

I don't remember '66, but I remember them winning in '70 and losing to Pittsburgh in '71.

I remember thinking the bullpen cars with big batting helmets for canopies were cool.

Here's a pic of the Dodgers version.

286334490_e8154d8d79.jpg?v=0

I remember when the Pirates beat them in '82 I think. I remember the Yanks lost to the Dodgers in '81. The Royals won a WS around that time, too. There was some great baseball back then. The Cardinals won a few too, in the 80's.

But that 33 innings without giving up a run, wow, that is one heckuva stat.

Wow I never even knew Baltimore won a WS.

They beat the Phillies to win the WS in '83 as well.

I remember World Series MVP, Rick Dempsey, being on the inside cover of my Topps Baseball Sticker Yearbook the following year. I also remember being sad every time I looked at the page of the George Bamberger/Frank Howard-coached Mets team.

I remember when the Pirates beat them in '82 I think.

Nope, that was '79 when the Pirates beat Baltimore in the WS. 1982 was St. Louis over a stacked Milwaukee lineup - the only team with four players with 100+ RBI's in MLB history (I'm a fountain of useless information). Too bad their SP sucked...

The Royals won a WS around that time, too.
I was a bigtime Royals fan that postseason ('85), because as a Mets fan, I hated the freakin' Cardinals. The Mets won almost 100 games that year and missed the playoffs.

Nope, that was '79 when the Pirates beat Baltimore in the WS.

Geez. The reason why I didn't think it was '79 was 'cos I remember I was smoking pot, then. I didn't realize how young I was when I started doing drugs. It makes me sad.

Archived