New York Yankees @ Florida Marlins [ Landshark Stadium *chuckle*] Game Thread

Vudu

Can't blame Burnett, really have to only blame Damon on his stupidity, and Jeter on not being able to put a ****ing bunt down.

Knowing this group, a scrub like Volstad is going to dominate us completely tomorrow, and we'll lose 3-2 or something like that. I'm not calling Johnson a scrub though, I think he's a top 5 pitcher already right now.

Today's lineup. ARod is starting. Burnett got his suspension reduced by one game. He starts serving it today.

YANKEES (38-30)

Jeter SS

Swisher RF

Teixeira 1B

Rodriguez 3B

Cano 2B

Posada C

Cabrera LF

Gardner CF

Sabathia RHP

Pitching: LHP CC Sabathia (6-4, 3.67).

MARLINS (34-36)

Lineup TBA

Pitching: RHP Chris Volstad (4-7, 4.75).

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Sabathia leaves with injury

Associated Press

MIAMI -- New York Yankees pitcher CC Sabathia left the game against the Florida Marlins in the second inning with tightness in his left bicep.

A team trainer went out to look at Sabathia while he was warming up for the inning. He gave up a one-out double to Brett Carroll, then Yankees manager Joe Girardi and a team trainer went out to check on the left-hander again before taking him out of the game.

The team said Sabathia is day to day and that no tests are planned.

Sabathia gave up one run and three hits in 1 1/3 innings Sunday. He entered the game with a 6-4 record and a 3.67 ERA.

Sabathia was the Yankees' biggest offseason pitching acquisition. He signed a $161 million, seven-year contract with New York after spending 2008 with Milwaukee and Cleveland.

Jeter has been a groundout waiting to happen since about the end of May. He is obviously hurt, but Lidstrom is a wild pitch waiting to happen, and yet Jeter went up there looking to hit a 7-run homer. I don't know if he feels like he has to do that, but it was an awful way to end the game.

Posada again showed himself to be an abysmal defensive catcher. Cabrera's throw was off line but very catchable, and Posada utterly whiffed. I'm cool with Posada DHing and catching once or twice a week; his bat more tha justifies it. Enough. Between pitch mishandling, a weak arm and nonsense like that he is no longer an MLB catcher. His catcher's ERA is awful.

Archived