SI: The Joy Of Rex.

F.Chowds

Link

"This is my shot. We've got no excuses here. This team can win and win now. That's why I came here."

I don't think I have ever heard a HC say anything remotely like this. EVER. They usually are trying their best to set expectations low or even setting up excuses in advance.

I'd like to appease the trolls and self-loathing Jets fans by worrying about the repercussions of Ryan's personality and the possibility of failure ...

... but I can't. I am loving it. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha :D:D:D

I don't think I have ever heard a HC say anything remotely like this. EVER. They usually are trying their best to set expectations low or even setting up excuses in advance.

I'd like to appease the trolls and self-loathing Jets fans by worrying about the repercussions of Ryan's personality and the possibility of failure ...

... but I can't. I am loving it. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha :D:D:D

Honestly, who cares?

If Ryan loses, it's not like I'm going to spend a lot of time harping on the fact that 'ZOMG! He talked so much and couldn't back it up!' He's just going to lose, no different than Mangini lost, and no different than Herm lost.

Point being, it's about winning and losing, not about how he relates to the media. It does not matter... AT ALL.

I have a subscription to SI, so when it came in the mail, and I saw Rex and Buddy on the top of the cover, I quickly flipped to the article and read the whole thing. Great read, and great insight to how Rex got to where he is today.

Honestly, who cares?

If Ryan loses, it's not like I'm going to spend a lot of time harping on the fact that 'ZOMG! He talked so much and couldn't back it up!' He's just going to lose, no different than Mangini lost, and no different than Herm lost.

Point being, it's about winning and losing, not about how he relates to the media. It does not matter... AT ALL.

Exactly. In the meantime, it makes the off season a lot more fun.

Archived