JN Mafia: AOL GAME THREAD

ZachEY

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sonny (6) - Tony Soprano, Carlito, Henry Hill, Michael Corleone, Fredo Corleone, Rooney

Michael Corleone (7) - Marcellus, Devito, Vito, Ace, Nicky, Virgil, Al Capone

Frank (1) - Sonny

With 17 players, it takes 9 to lynch.

I have an announcement. I am in fact PS17. Voting for Sonny, I'm not really sure what I did wrong, I'm just trying to learn the game.

I thought it was you. You're not a stupid poster so I'm not buying the "learn the game" stuff tbh. I pointed out earlier that you were posting under your PS17 account while not checking into the mafia game at all.

Vote Ace

If Sonny were scum he'd be about as stupid a player as they come. Why would he try and ingratiate himself to the crowd by saying something controversial with his 1st post? You have to know with the guys in this game a post like that is going to immediately get votes. I'm thinking he's either new or innocent.

As far as my vote for Ace he's spending his time trying to be a nice little helper while conveniently placing an important momentum vote on the Corelone train. It's this type of SMC-esque tactic that usually spells a troublemaker.

Coreleone seems like a neophyte and maybe uses the smiley emoticon a little too much but I don't see him worthy of a vote right now.

Sonny (6) - Tony Soprano, Carlito, Henry Hill, Michael Corleone, Fredo Corleone, Rooney

Michael Corleone (6) - Marcellus, Devito, Vito, Ace, Nicky, Al Capone

Frank (1) - Sonny

Ace (1) - Lefty

I have an announcement. I am in fact PS17. Voting for Sonny, I'm not really sure what I did wrong, I'm just trying to learn the game.

I'm a mod.

As Henry said, you're a liar - either about being a mod or about being PS17. I hate to see a first timer go down early, but if you're really PS17, there's a mafia rule you should learn: lynch all liars.

As Henry said, you're a liar - either about being a mod or about being PS17. I hate to see a first timer go down early, but if you're really PS17, there's a mafia rule you should learn: lynch all liars.

He can't be a mod as there are no JN mods playing the game. I posted the list of players immediately after pointing that out. Don't know why people are suddenly picking up on that now.

I have no doubt in my mind that it is PS17 and it may very well have been a joke. That being said he's been avoiding an explanation over his initial inactivity which is very suspicious considering how active he was under his PS17 account.

How could I be a mod, if there isn't one on the roster? It was a joke.

He can't be a mod as there are no JN mods playing the game. I posted the list of players immediately after pointing that out. Don't know why people are suddenly picking up on that now.

I have no doubt in my mind that it is PS17 and it may very well have been a joke. That being said he's been avoiding an explanation over his initial inactivity which is very suspicious considering how active he was under his PS17 account.

I am PS17. This is my first time playing a mafia game, so I was lurking & trying to pick up on things. I hope that explains my early absence. Then, I obviously made a stupid mistake by voting for Sonny, just because it was what the crowd was doing. -Rookie mistake, that's all.

That being said, I will unvote Sunny.

Any other questions?

Sonny (5) - Tony Soprano, Carlito, Henry Hill, Fredo Corleone, Rooney

Michael Corleone (6) - Marcellus, Devito, Vito, Ace, Nicky, Al Capone

Frank (1) - Sonny

Ace (1) - Lefty

I thought it was you. You're not a stupid poster so I'm not buying the "learn the game" stuff tbh. I pointed out earlier that you were posting under your PS17 account while not checking into the mafia game at all.

FOS Tommy and Ace

I believe michael is PS17 learning the ropes and am suspicious of those looking for the easy lynch...

vote: Ace

I am PS17. This is my first time playing a mafia game, so I was lurking & trying to pick up on things. I hope that explains my early absence. Then, I obviously made a stupid mistake by voting for Sonny, just because it was what the crowd was doing. -Rookie mistake, that's all.

Any other questions?

LOL. So much for aninimity. The game is a couple of pages old and a player is already outed.

I chalk this up to newbie gameplayer, so I'll keep my vote on Sonny. I hope this is not a critical blunder, I just don't get the early vibe that MC17 is scum.

Any other questions?

I wouldn't worry about it. Usually, the first day you look for how the votes are distributed, the speed of bandwagon formations, who seems to be eager to lynch, how people react under pressure. It's not like you made some huge blunder that made everyone want to vote for you. As far as I can tell anyways. I would just recommend you play how you want to play and learn from your mistakes. Then again, if you are newb scum looking for sympathy then screw you...;)

As far as the game is concerned, I added my vote for Sonny to see how he responds L-2 (lynch minus two votes) to pressure....I still want to see how he reacts with a little fire at his feet. He seems to have disappeared atm.

A couple things: 1) I fear with the speed of the wagons with very little information, we have some opportunistic pedophiles on our hands.

2) I agree that "renegade trains" that switch us off of true mafia candidates isn't necessarily beneficial either as I find that there is a psychological effect that once a train stalls (whether by mafia deflection or subversion) it's tough to pick up steam to actually lynch that candidate.

that s

Ah - I did not check that. In that case unvote Michael

He's not a liar, and I really don't want to vote off a new player day 1, especially for a newb mistake like bandwagoning. It's something to keep in mind for day 2 and beyond, but for now, I'm willing to overlook it.

Any other questions?

Since nobody has countered yet Im going to trust that Michael is who he says he is. So unvote Michael, again.

Im going to have to go back through the thread and will be back at lunch after reading through this again.

Thats ridiculous. If I didn't vote for anyone yet I know people would jump all over me for that. If I voted for Michael I'm sure someone would be saying that it was scummy for me to jump on the rival train. Wtf? I can't win here.

Frank hasn't shown up yet and the games been going on for more than a full day now but somehow its scummy to notice that? I don't get it.

This post is annoying me. It's a very defensive post, but it's defensive by a guy who's close to being lynched, which is when being defensive actually makes sense. More, I think he's actually right - with Fredo's logic, Sonny was damned if he did and damned if he didn't.

Which is annoying me, because Sonny's now picked up multiple defenders - both DeVito and Lefty (one more subtly than the other) have tried to keep people from lynching him - and I was considering voting for him again to get a read on them. But this post has me rethinking that - in fact, while later in the game I'd look at defending another player as team play, early in the game, its often a great scum tactic to defend people (since you know they're innocent, so when they get lynched you'll be less suspicious - as the defender of an innocent - than the people who actually voted for the lynch).

I'm inclined to vote either Lefty or DeVito - and Lefty's "Ace is being too helpful, let's kill him" schtick tilts the balance for me. (Note, this is not OMGUS; the 'lets kill the helpful people' play is itself scummy, in my experience, and it would tilt the balance whether he'd voted for me or anyone else)

vote Lefty

(Note for PS17 - OMGUS is an acronym for "Oh My God U Suck", which is basically a revenge vote: "you voted for me so I'm gonna vote for you". Another acronym you'll see is WIFOM - go google that :D)

Sonny (5) - Tony Soprano, Carlito, Henry Hill, Fredo Corleone, Rooney

Michael Corleone (4) - Marcellus, Devito, Vito, Nicky

Frank (1) - Sonny

Ace (2) - Lefty, Tony Montana

Lefty (1) - Ace

Am I the only one that this rubs the wrong way? Just seems the easy way out for someone that has some pressure on him like Sonny does. Gets a vote off, but is putting it on a 2nd person we called as inactive rather than the train already started on an inactive. I relate with not wanting this game to move slowly, and honestly that doesn't bother me as much as the vote placement does.

Vote: Sonny LoSpecchio

Unvote

Vote - Fredo

Sonny's vote showed pretty odd impatience, but maybe he's just kind of a jerk. :)

His vote does not strike me as odd at all, so yours does, my feeble minded, sex-pervert of a son.

Ah - I did not check that. In that case unvote Michael

He's not a liar, and I really don't want to vote off a new player day 1, especially for a newb mistake like bandwagoning. It's something to keep in mind for day 2 and beyond, but for now, I'm willing to overlook it.

Meh. See where you're coming from, but meh.

Going to reread the thread and vote later today.

So is the idea here supposed to be that you unvoted prior to seeing a vote against you due to pushing on Michael, or after?

I'm inclined to vote either Lefty or DeVito - and Lefty's "Ace is being too helpful, let's kill him" schtick tilts the balance for me. (Note, this is not OMGUS; the 'lets kill the helpful people' play is itself scummy, in my experience, and it would tilt the balance whether he'd voted for me or anyone else)

vote Lefty

(Note for PS17 - OMGUS is an acronym for "Oh My God U Suck", which is basically a revenge vote: "you voted for me so I'm gonna vote for you". Another acronym you'll see is WIFOM - go google that :D)

Rigght. Problem with your position is that if I was scum worried about your attempts at being helpful I wouldn't mention you at all, jump on one of the wagons that were full steam at that point, than NK you.

In the past I've joined day 1 trains that appeared to have merit to them but they seemingly never do. Mafia is not going to say anything to stand out on day 1... They're not.

The last couple games I've witnessed scum come out on day 1 trying to be everyones bud while throwing around multiple theories early on. In this game that's you... Could I be wrong? Of course... but for now you are my favorite.

Oh and you can say it's not a OMGUS vote all you want but everyone sees that it is. :rolleyes:

So is the idea here supposed to be that you unvoted prior to seeing a vote against you due to pushing on Michael, or after?

it was before (well, before yours but after I saw Lefty's), but that's irrelevant. I unvoted because PS17 is a newb, and, as a general rule, newbs should live to see day 2 (even if they're scummy).

You seem really invested in pushing to have me lynched. Any reason why?

Archived