JN Mafia: AOL GAME THREAD

ZachEY

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, at the moment I'm most interested in the fact that he seems to be acquiring defenders. Given the speed that his train is moving at, I was doubting he's scum until this post came up, just due to the lack of competing trains. Now, we've got a train starting on an inactive in subtle defense of Sonny. Obviously, if he's innocent (or MJ), that means nothing. But if he's scum, it's something to consider.

Although Day 1 is often considered a crapshoot it can be useful in hearing what people have to say. I find it interesting that you'd really be willing to allow votes to build up against Sonny while 2 members have yet to even show up. If those inactive members are scum you're basically giving them a free ride.

I'm not defending Sonny as much as I am calling out Costello and Michael Corleone. That's initially why I voted for Michael although now that I've seen his response I'm going to keep it there. That was a very scummy response. No explanation (simply an apology) for being late and then jumping on the Sonny train without as much as explaining his reason for doing so.

Although Day 1 is often considered a crapshoot it can be useful in hearing what people have to say. I find it interesting that you'd really be willing to allow votes to build up against Sonny while 2 members have yet to even show up. If those inactive members are scum you're basically giving them a free ride.

I'm not defending Sonny as much as I am calling out Costello and Michael Corleone. That's initially why I voted for Michael although now that I've seen his response I'm going to keep it there. That was a very scummy response. No explanation (simply an apology) for being late and then jumping on the Sonny train without as much as explaining his reason for doing so.

Ay. I'm here now. :P

Honestly, I'm not that concerned with inactives once people start getting my attention. They'll either show up, or they'll be replaced by the mod, or - if neither happens - they're the lynch target for tomorrow (if they live that long - smart scum will NK them just to starve us of useful information). People here are obsessed with inactivity and post counts when they go scum hunting - and it's usually a loser tactic for the town (the scum floats in that nice zone of many posts with little content, and the town misses them entirely). I can tell you that when I got on this account and read all the PMs from last game, the scum team was talking about that (keeping that balance) quite a bit. Vito, Tony and Lefty can probably confirm as much.

There's also the simple fact that the CTM-like infatuation with getting as many trains as possible day 1 almost came back to bite the town in the ass last game (Lefty was a hot train day 1, and the town let him off the hook to "pressure" someone else - not to mention the more people we pressure, the more likely it is we'll have a role reveal, which is not in our interests). IMO, you need at most 2-3 trains on Day 1 so you can start getting enough info to work with. Anything more than that is overkill, and pushes the balance too far towards the scum.

That said, I agree with you and Montana that Michael's parachute vote on Sonny seems pretty scummy. vote Michael Corleone

People here are obsessed with inactivity and post counts when they go scum hunting - and it's usually a loser tactic for the town (the scum floats in that nice zone of many posts with little content, and the town misses them entirely). I can tell you that when I got on this account and read all the PMs from last game, the scum team was talking about that (keeping that balance) quite a bit. Vito, Tony and Lefty can probably confirm as much.

I'm not going to share the pillow talk between Marcellus and Carlito. That just doesn't seem right.

I hear what you're saying about scum tactics, but early in the game I have no problem going after inactives. They may not be hiding, but they're not helping, either. And lacking any other direction, it's a good option in my opinion.

In fact, I was prepared to move my vote off of Michael as soon as he made his appearance, but he's a lot scummier since he started posting than he was when he was silent. And you make a good point about not starting too many trains on the first day, and forcing any role reveals.

I'm still hoping we get to hear from Frank before we lynch anyone.

Vote: Frank Costello

Might as well give him one too.

Am I the only one that this rubs the wrong way? Just seems the easy way out for someone that has some pressure on him like Sonny does. Gets a vote off, but is putting it on a 2nd person we called as inactive rather than the train already started on an inactive. I relate with not wanting this game to move slowly, and honestly that doesn't bother me as much as the vote placement does.

Vote: Sonny LoSpecchio

Honestly, I'm not that concerned with inactives once people start getting my attention. They'll either show up, or they'll be replaced by the mod, or - if neither happens - they're the lynch target for tomorrow (if they live that long - smart scum will NK them just to starve us of useful information). People here are obsessed with inactivity and post counts when they go scum hunting - and it's usually a loser tactic for the town (the scum floats in that nice zone of many posts with little content, and the town misses them entirely). I can tell you that when I got on this account and read all the PMs from last game, the scum team was talking about that (keeping that balance) quite a bit. Vito, Tony and Lefty can probably confirm as much.

There's also the simple fact that the CTM-like infatuation with getting as many trains as possible day 1 almost came back to bite the town in the ass last game (Lefty was a hot train day 1, and the town let him off the hook to "pressure" someone else - not to mention the more people we pressure, the more likely it is we'll have a role reveal, which is not in our interests). IMO, you need at most 2-3 trains on Day 1 so you can start getting enough info to work with. Anything more than that is overkill, and pushes the balance too far towards the scum.

That said, I agree with you and Montana that Michael's parachute vote on Sonny seems pretty scummy. vote Michael Corleone

Well said. Day one is hardly a lynch inactivites day, too many unknowns to go there this early.

Vote: Sonny

What kind of POS joins a game and doesnt even really want to be a part of the game. I can already see this jerky playing the same way he did last time and holding the town from making smart decisions because of inactivity.

Stupid ****er. I hate you all.

Sonny (4) - Al Capone, Tony Soprano, Carlito, Michael Corleone

Michael Corleone (5) - Marcellus, Devito, Vito, Tony Montana, Ace

Frank (1) - Sonny

With 17 players, it takes 9 to lynch.

I voted for Sonny.

Sonny (6) - Al Capone, Tony Soprano, Carlito, Henry Hill, Michael Corleone, Fredo Corleone

Michael Corleone (5) - Marcellus, Devito, Vito, Tony Montana, Ace

Frank (1) - Sonny

I'm not going to share the pillow talk between Marcellus and Carlito. That just doesn't seem right.

I hear what you're saying about scum tactics, but early in the game I have no problem going after inactives. They may not be hiding, but they're not helping, either. And lacking any other direction, it's a good option in my opinion.

In fact, I was prepared to move my vote off of Michael as soon as he made his appearance, but he's a lot scummier since he started posting than he was when he was silent. And you make a good point about not starting too many trains on the first day, and forcing any role reveals.

I'm still hoping we get to hear from Frank before we lynch anyone.

I believe we should get a ruling from EY on this. I don't think we should be allowed to use prior games PM's for use of any sort of evidence towards this game.

As we know we should all essentially be different characters, but IMO the alts were made to play each game with a clean slate. Using old PM's as a tool for this games evidence is not in the spirit of the game.

Well it looks like we have a pair of competing trains going right now. I'm not too concerned about it considering its only day one and there's never much to go on, but I'm not quite sure I get the issue with Sonny. Personally, its tough for me to take too much offense from it, because I see his point. As for Michael, while I'm not all for going after guys based on inactivity, what struck me was his response to the pressure he received from it. He was way too quick to swoop in and jump on the competing bandwagon without reason and then just deflected away from any of the questions surrounding that.

Vote: Michael Corleone

Well said. Day one is hardly a lynch inactivites day, too many unknowns to go there this early.

No one said anything about lynching them, but you don't want the day to go by without hearing from them either. Putting pressure on them with votes is normally the way to get them to get involved, it worked with Michael and IMO his response to the pressure was far from convincing. That's why my vote sticks with him.

I believe we should get a ruling from EY on this. I don't think we should be allowed to use prior games PM's for use of any sort of evidence towards this game.

As we know we should all essentially be different characters, but IMO the alts were made to play each game with a clean slate. Using old PM's as a tool for this games evidence is not in the spirit of the game.

Some of us were smart enough to delete all of our pms from last game...:bag:

Am I the only one that this rubs the wrong way? Just seems the easy way out for someone that has some pressure on him like Sonny does. Gets a vote off, but is putting it on a 2nd person we called as inactive rather than the train already started on an inactive. I relate with not wanting this game to move slowly, and honestly that doesn't bother me as much as the vote placement does.

Vote: Sonny LoSpecchio

Thats ridiculous. If I didn't vote for anyone yet I know people would jump all over me for that. If I voted for Michael I'm sure someone would be saying that it was scummy for me to jump on the rival train. Wtf? I can't win here.

Frank hasn't shown up yet and the games been going on for more than a full day now but somehow its scummy to notice that? I don't get it.

It was a joke. ;)

BTW going back to this point (Because I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who saw it), You haven't given a reason for editing/deleting this post.

Irish Jet and PS17 had both posted previously in that tennis thread, both of those posters had been active throughout the board in the time that you, Michael Corleone didn't check into this game. Thus if either of those posters turned out to be you then it makes your absence in this thread all the more suspicious.

Not suggesting that they're the only two posters playing in this game who follow tennis but I do find it interesting that you'd delete your post.

Absolutely not.

Nothing from concrete from prior games should play a role here.

Sonny (6) - Al Capone, Tony Soprano, Carlito, Henry Hill, Michael Corleone, Fredo Corleone

Michael Corleone (6) - Marcellus, Devito, Vito, Tony Montana, Ace, Nicky

Frank (1) - Sonny

Sonny's vote on Frank doesn't bother me. Now that Michael has shown up, Frank is the next in line if you believe in pressuring inactives this early. I don't really see the point though at this point. For all we know, the guy forgot about the game. So what good is voting for him if he hasn't even checked in yet?

Michael's vote on the other hand, I'll agree is pretty suspicious. Based on the reasoning, I thought the votes on Sonny were a tongue in cheek kind of joke, tbh.

Sonny's vote on Frank doesn't bother me. Now that Michael has shown up, Frank is the next in line if you believe in pressuring inactives this early. I don't really see the point though at this point. For all we know, the guy forgot about the game. So what good is voting for him if he hasn't even checked in yet?

Michael's vote on the other hand, I'll agree is pretty suspicious. Based on the reasoning, I thought the votes on Sonny were a tongue in cheek kind of joke, tbh.

Oh, vote: Michael Corleone

I voted Sonny to break his balls and to get something started. besides its always nice to start pressuring people to see how they react.

I have to agree with you that Michaels vote is scummier than either of Sonny's moves. Especially the vote on Frank. I personally thing voting inactives is ok if it gets them in the game.

Im going to unvote Sonny and vote Michael because for day 1 his senseless vote is the best we have.

Archived