JN Mafia: AOL GAME THREAD

ZachEY

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This whole thing is silly. I'm Ace. Between Carlito voting for me because he figured that out, and nobody bothering to look at Lefty's actual posts, I'm a little ticked.

OK, back into costume, and carry on.

(Especially since I can now say that I'm busy on a doc review, so it may be a bit before I get back to the game)

Got it -- you are Spartacus.

It doesn't change my mind about what I've seen and how I voted. Actually you could be playing up your well deserved respect to get people off you - which happened the minute you "revealed".

It does seem strange that some people (Lefty, Sonny) suggested that he might be lying about being Doggin though. I can't see any possible reason why someone would want to do that.

What's strange about that? I wanted to see what his response would be. It's what the game is all about.

What's strange about that? I wanted to see what his response would be. It's what the game is all about.

It's strange because of how unlikely it would be that someone who isn't Doggin would reveal as Doggin. But if that was the reason you did it, then I suppose it's understandable.

It's strange because of how unlikely it would be that someone who isn't Doggin would reveal as Doggin. But if that was the reason you did it, then I suppose it's understandable.

Well what I was thinking was the the "real" Doggin wouldn't counter the fake Doggin because he was so adamant about maintaining the veil of anonymity.

As a matter of fact when I logged on just now I was about to pose a question to Ace about a thread Doggin started a couple months ago. Thing was, it was going to be a fake thread. I wanted to see if I could catch him in a lie.

It's all well and good that he's proved he's Doggin but I'm not ignoring what I saw before I knew who he was. For now the vote stands.

So Fredo, why didn't you acknowledge the first votes on you (mine and Vito's), but almost immediately responded to Henry's ridiculous "He lied to the town last game" vote for you? Easier to defend against one more than the others?

I've learned in games past not to freak out over a couple of votes, but the "I'm voting for Fredo because he lied last game" and leaving it at that is a bit much. That added into a quick little research shows he's jumped into the middle of all 3 trains that have picked up any steam on day 1. So it's suspicious.

That, and all that's been said was essentially I didn't bring enough to the table (which i did slightly refute, with no response from Capone), and that my initial questioning of Sonny "rubbing me the wrong way" was scummier than Sonny. There's not really much I can do other than ask "what am I doing that's so scummy?" and regardless of your response and how I react, it could/would be spun as scummy.

If I'm asked a specific question I'll answer it best I can, but I just didn't see the point in reacting to a couple of votes when it takes 9 to kill. It's come back to bite me on at least 2 other occasions, I believe 3, so I figured I'd wait and see if it became a bigger deal.

Because I usually associate scum with sneaky players trying to blend and seem like their helping the town. Not some gigantic loud mouthed ass insulting everyone and making himself a target.

I think Fredo's onto something here. EY says he laid out all the roles in this game, and I have no reason not to believe him. So I don't believe there's any role in the game that would require a player to be so brash and insulting in nearly every post. He could definitely be doing it to throw people off. Perhaps he drew the Godfather role, and he's hoping he gets the game's cop to investigate -and clear- him early. It's plausible.

The most damning evidence to me is this jumping onto every growing train. EY didn't put a survivor character in this game. So only scum (or Michael Jackson) would be so eager to lynch anyone.

vote: Henry Hill

LOL, that settles it. Very odd play by you, Doggin. As mentioned, you wanted aninimity and you outed yourself before day 1 is out.

You didn't need to do it, though, because it was crystal clear from your prior response to me in mentioning you were the prior game's mod. I didn't want to harp on it because I didn't want to fall into "let's vote Doggin just because he's Doggin."

Yeah - I'm kind of annoyed that Carlito 1) identified me and 2) used it as his reason to vote for me. I figured if I'm getting heat for it anyway, I may as well make it official.

For the record - next game I'm just not posting much for a few days.

I've seen this a couple times recently, is it "bald face" or "bold face"?

Ha. That's another reason I didn't think it was doggin. The dude is like wicked smaht and doesn't usually make mistakes with expressions.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Is_the_correct_term_%27bold_face_lie%27_or_%27bald_faced_lie%27_or_another_variation

The correct term is bald-faced, and refers to a face without whiskers. Beards were commonly worn by businessmen in the 18th and 19th century as an attempt to mask facial expressions when making business deals. Thus a bald-faced liar was a very good liar indeed, and was able to lie without the guilt showing on his face.

The more correct term is "bald faced or bare faced lie" (bare is more common in Great Britain). It refers to a "shameless" or "brazen" lie. One where the teller does not attempt to hide his face while telling it.

:D

Lefy wont be able to sit for awhile after that spanken. lol. Good thing he's not one of those 3 lettered morons.

Now that Ace is doggin, my intial case on him doesn't is weakened. I was thinking Ace might have been a newer player that changed directions as soon as getting pressured. I'll have to reread.

I think Fredo's onto something here. EY says he laid out all the roles in this game, and I have no reason not to believe him. So I don't believe there's any role in the game that would require a player to be so brash and insulting in nearly every post. He could definitely be doing it to throw people off. Perhaps he drew the Godfather role, and he's hoping he gets the game's cop to investigate -and clear- him early. It's plausible.

The most damning evidence to me is this jumping onto every growing train. EY didn't put a survivor character in this game. So only scum (or Michael Jackson) would be so eager to lynch anyone.

vote: Henry Hill

I think Fredo makes a compelling case also. But there's something suspicious about a case that is made by a player who is feeling heat/getting significant votes. I mean, Fredo really has incentive to make a case right now, it does not really matter who it's on, so long as it sticks.

But again, that does not mean this case on Henry is no good.

So, Henry, what's the deal. Why so dooshey?

Yeah - I'm kind of annoyed that Carlito 1) identified me and 2) used it as his reason to vote for me. I figured if I'm getting heat for it anyway, I may as well make it official.

If you're out, you're out, there's no sense in trying to keep hidden.

Perhaps next time you shouln't make it so overtly obvious as to who you are. That is the supposed point of the alts in changing our play style and consealing our identities. Let it annoy you, I'm fine with that, but now that you're outed I'm a little more comfortable with everyone else knowing. Considerate it a vote of respect, I don't feel comfortable you working in the shadows and pulling the strings.

Now that I've gotten what I wanted out of this I want to hear more from Costello. We've had a vote or two on him only to have it removed and he's been relatively absentee during the course of this game.

Unvote

Vote: Frank Costello

I think Fredo makes a compelling case also. But there's something suspicious about a case that is made by a player who is feeling heat/getting significant votes. I mean, Fredo really has incentive to make a case right now, it does not really matter who it's on, so long as it sticks.

But again, that does not mean this case on Henry is no good.

So, Henry, what's the deal. Why so dooshey?

I'm just carrying on the legacy. Taking the torch that EY lit and running with it...its kind of fun. Try it out.

For example: **** off for calling me dooshey.

See, that felt great!

Perhaps next time you shouln't make it so overtly obvious as to who you are. That is the supposed point of the alts in changing our play style and consealing our identities. Let it annoy you, I'm fine with that, but now that you're outed I'm a little more comfortable with everyone else knowing. Considerate it a vote of respect, I don't feel comfortable you working in the shadows and pulling the strings.

Yeah, like I said, next game I'm just going to have to change up the style. So if you see someone posting like I usually do, it's an impostor. Trust me. :D

Yeah, like I said, next game I'm just going to have to change up the style. So if you see someone posting like I usually do, it's an impostor. Trust me. :D

Just trust me? Scum behavior!

JK.

Is everybody active in this game yet or are we missing some people from the fray. Part of the crap about day 1 is we can start multiple trains and do some circle dancing around people, losing track of people who have or haven't been active.

Maybe next game we can get these accounts to have their post counts reset? I know the theory of lynch incatives isn't wildly popular, but more often then not you find scum posting a middle/low amount with not much context.

Sonny (1) - Rooney

Michael Corleone (2) - Devito, Nicky

Ace (3) - Lefty, Tony Montana, Michael Corleone

Lefty (1) - Ace

Fredo (4) - Vito, Virgil, Henry Hill, Al Capone

Henry Hill (2) - Fredo Corleone, Marcellus

Frank Costello (1) - Carlito

With 17 players, it takes 9 to lynch.

Gentlemen, as the trains seem to have spread out again, I'm going to put a deadline on this... It's going to be some time from now, as I'll be gone from Mid-Day Friday through most of Sunday...

Deadline: Monday, High Noon.

FTR, if Ace is in fact Doggin94it, him being the Jew was purely coincidental. That is all.

I will catch up and add my input either later tonight or tomorrow folks, I'm going out drinking for a friend's birthday.

Okay...

Unvote: Michael Corleone

I think it's pretty ****ed up that this guy has been able to make it this far without any pressure while doing nothing at all. He simply showed his face with the two posts, added absolutely nothing - Then left explaining that he'd do it later that day or "tommorow", with tommorow being yesterday.

Okay...

Unvote: Michael Corleone

I think it's pretty ****ed up that this guy has been able to make it this far without any pressure while doing nothing at all. He simply showed his face with the two posts, added absolutely nothing - Then left explaining that he'd do it later that day or "tommorow", with tommorow being yesterday.

Heh, that's true. I'll switch because I think Fredo has acquited himself decently and I would like to see Frank get some real heat. But remember, last game the two guys who were MIA and then lynched turned out to be innocent, IIRC.

unvote

vote - Frank

Gentlemen, as the trains seem to have spread out again, I'm going to put a deadline on this... It's going to be some time from now, as I'll be gone from Mid-Day Friday through most of Sunday...

Deadline: Monday, High Noon.

FTR, if Ace is in fact Doggin94it, him being the Jew was purely coincidental. That is all.

anti-semite

Sonny (1) - Rooney

Michael Corleone (1) - Nicky

Lefty (1) - Ace

Fredo (3) - Virgil, Henry Hill, Al Capone

Henry Hill (2) - Fredo Corleone, Marcellus

Frank Costello (3) - Carlito, Tommy Devito, Vito Corleone

I had a chance to view the Lefty-Ace exchange. Lefty voted for Ace and gave these 2 reasons (the brackets are mine):

As far as my vote for Ace [1] he's spending his time trying to be a nice little helper [2] while conveniently placing an important momentum vote on the Corelone train. It's this type of SMC-esque tactic that usually spells a troublemaker.

He then adds this:

6 out of your first 7 posts were little cutsie lets all be pals posts. Seems to me you were trying too hard to be liked so yeah-- I do think that's odd and a major reason why I'm voting for you.

This is how Ace characterized the argument:

You're voting for me for weak reasons at best ("you bantered before the game really started! Scum!") and scummy reasons at worst ("Ace is being helpful. Lets lynch him!")

And this is how Lefty responds:

I think I've given you a little more than "lets lynch Ace because he's being helpful".

Anyone paying attention will see through your attempts to mischaracterize my position.

Ace then says:

I mentioned the other reason you gave - me "buddying up to people" by bantering before the game had really begun - and pointed out that it was a ridiculous basis for voting for anyone.

Yet your reply suggests that I "mischaracterized" your reason as only 'kill Ace because he's helpful'.

Then the rest just disintegrates into a war of words of 'you mischaracterized me' with Ace acknowledging that he's Doggin.

If you look at the first post by Lefty, he mentioned the "vote" as the 2nd reason for buddying up, but Lefty doesn't mention that again. So, yes, he's correct that Ace didn't mention that in his characterization. But is that, in itself, a mischaracterization of Lefty's argument? I don't see it. I also don't see Lefty mischaracterizing Ace's position either.

Lefty later stated that Ace was using the tactic of:

My point was simple - you were trying to minmize my arguments by reducing them to one sentence cases like "he wants to be friends with everyone" and "lets vote Ace because he's being helpful". This was after I had given you plenty of reasons along with supporting posts to show you why I was voting for you.

The problem with the above quote is the 2nd sentence. Lefty didn't give "plenty of reasons." If anything, Lefty is mischaracterizing his own posts. He essentially gave 3 reasons, 2 of which could be combined as I noted above.

So where does that leave me on this? I think this was a battle of egos. Lefty's mentioning of SMC, Pac, CTM, etc. is an obvious chest puffing move. Then we have Doggin, whose ego could rival EYs (:D). With these 2 egos it's likely they pissed each other off. It was distracting, but with this ego play I'm not comfortable following either's lead.

Ok, I looked everything over, and here are my main thoughts:

The whole Ace / Lefty thing is a mess. I'm not quite sure I even got all of the initial uproar over Ace and his reveal doesn't affect my opinion one way or the other. I am kind of feeling like this was one of these scenarios that started over something small but two big personalities collided and made into something its not. Both guys bear watching, but I'm not keen on taking out either right now.

Frank's disappearance has certainly been interesting, but I'm surely not one to speak. While I don't mind pressuring inactives, it seems like every time you actually lynch for that reason, you end up lynching an innocent, so I have no interesting in going there.

The case that has me most interested right now is on Hill. The fact that Fredo had some votes on him shouldn't preclude him from making a case, particularly if he has a valid point. Hill's actions have been peculiar at best and there's no reason to believe he has any sort of posting restriction/role. I would like to put a little pressure there and see how he responds.

Unvote

Vote: Henry Hill

As for my vote, there is the issue of inactives. There's generally a debate about whether that should be a reason to vote early. But Frank has 2 posts in this thread, both on 6/23:

I have arrived. Now to catch up on this game, you people move fast.

I will catch up and add my input either later tonight or tomorrow folks, I'm going out drinking for a friend's birthday.

He definately should be prodded into activity so we can gain info:

Sonny (1) - Rooney

Lefty (1) - Ace

Fredo (3) - Virgil, Henry Hill, Al Capone

Henry Hill (3) - Fredo Corleone, Marcellus, Nicky

Frank Costello (4) - Carlito, Tommy Devito, Vito Corleone, Tony Soprano

Monday, High Noon.

Hey slapdick, how to you respond to Fredo's 3 train case against you?

Slapdick? I like that. Can I be referred to as "Slappy" for the rest of the game?

To your point, I have no response to idiocy.

However, I do feel bad, I was just trying to carry on the persona of Henry Hill that EY set last game. Sorry for being a distraction.

I was just trying to have some fun. You guys are way too sensitive and looking way too far into this. If I was roled up, I wouldnt be creating all this attention.

Go ahead an unvote me and focus on something more concrete. Just because I am an ******* doesnt mean you should vote me off.

But its fun being an *******, can I at least continue to act like I am required to be an ******* without feeling heat?

Archived