JetNation Update. What features do you want to see?

Maxman

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Max, I was thinking about this waiting for my car to be serviced. (Unfortunately, I was not.) Instead of focusing on features to add, why not look at the site as a whole? You've been operating for years now. What a great time to take stock of the features which work and those that have been disappointing or give you trouble. I would be like a "state-of-JetNation" appraisal.

How about a feature where you stop deleting posts that are critical of the site? You ask for opinions and then you delete honest, critical ones.

+1 post count.

LOL.

I will play along. What post that was "critical" of JetNation did we delete? I know you are BS'ing but I even double checked to be sure. Didn't see any deleted posts. So please enlighten me...

To add onto 124's idea, how bout one forum dedicated to each sport? ie. Baseball, NBA, NHL, COllege FB, College BB. A separate and individual forum for each of those. And then, just one "Other Sports" forum for soccer and anything else...

To add onto 124's idea, how bout one forum dedicated to each sport? ie. Baseball, NBA, NHL, COllege FB, College BB. A separate and individual forum for each of those. And then, just one "Other Sports" forum for soccer and anything else...

I would be ok with them being split off inside the original forum.

For the front page I like the fact it isnt cluttered up with too many forums.

I would be ok with them being split off inside the original forum.

For the front page I like the fact it isnt cluttered up with too many forums.

But compared to other forums, our front page is great in not being cluttered. I don't think the addition of 4 new forums would make it cluttered at all, just more organized.

LOL.

I will play along. What post that was "critical" of JetNation did we delete? I know you are BS'ing but I even double checked to be sure. Didn't see any deleted posts. So please enlighten me...

I bumped my post about resetting everyone's post counts if they "don't matter" as you've stated. By the way, I agree they don't matter.

I agree. In fact, being able to neg rep someone alleviates the need to flame them into oblivion in threads.

I disagree, there are people here who are too irresponsible to have the power to hand out negative rep.

Do you really want to give Kobe or 128 or SBIII the ability to hand out negative rep.

The only way the negative rep thing works is you have to have a certain level of positive rep in order to earn the power to hand out negative rep.

I thought I wanted it too but after some discussion, I agreed with Max. There's no need for 5 more forums to clutter up the place. Other than 40 threads all about the Lakers, there are only 1 or 2 active threads covering NHL, NBA or Soccer at any times. Having dedicated forums would be a ghost town.

I disagree, there are people here who are too irresponsible to have the power to hand out negative rep.

Do you really want to give Kobe or 128 or SBIII the ability to hand out negative rep.

The only way the negative rep thing works is you have to have a certain level of positive rep in order to earn the power to hand out negative rep.

you worried?

how bout a winning team;)

I never understood why the JETS used this puke version of green for their logos, which looks nothing like the actual green they wear. This shade of green looks more like the Eagles green than the JETS green.

But I agree, a winning team trumps any aesthetically pleasing renovation to the site! :yahoo:

Are these Bookmarks (at the bottom of page, above quick reply) new or have I never noticed them before?

I don't use those, but just wondering.

The bookmarks were installed when we went to 3.8 earlier this year, I forget what month. But the bookmarks were installed probably close to 6 months ago I think.

But compared to other forums, our front page is great in not being cluttered. I don't think the addition of 4 new forums would make it cluttered at all, just more organized.

I know... I dont want our front page ending up like everyone else. it really takes away from a board.

I would be fine with sub forums off the main sports forum. but nothing else on the front message board page.

ok, so now what do I do ? do I need to download the thingy ?

Yes, I don't have it installed but you need to click on that link and install it in Firefox. I haven't used it so let me know how you make out. :-P

Archived