JetNation Update. What features do you want to see?

Maxman

I made sweet sweet love to the server last night. Does that count?

So you went after Max's sloppy seconds (assuming you attacked via the USB drive)?

I went through the power supply.

You guys are sick but oh so funny! lol

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

serious suggestions here.

i would like to see alss sports put in the "other sports" forum like this thread http://www.jetnation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77577 , not the lounge. I know there are a lot of people who continue to be into Boxing .. I stopped watching after the thrilla in manilla ( yeah i am old :D)

anyway.. it belongs in Other sports. OR change the title of the forum to Boxing and other sports. People know to go to the baseball forum for baseball.. they will learn.

ALSO

Posting a video does not make you funnny.. i dont mind, but we should have a video thread in the lounge.. not just tons of individual threads with one silly video in it. Consolidate! This way people would know to see some cool and interesting videos, they can go to that thread.. if they want interesting banter, they could look thru the other threads in the lounge.

serious suggestions here.

i would like to see alss sports put in the "other sports" forum like this thread http://www.jetnation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77577 , not the lounge. I know there are a lot of people who continue to be into Boxing .. I stopped watching after the thrilla in manilla ( yeah i am old :D)

anyway.. it belongs in Other sports. OR change the title of the forum to Boxing and other sports. People know to go to the baseball forum for baseball.. they will learn.

ALSO

Posting a video does not make you funnny.. i dont mind, but we should have a video thread in the lounge.. not just tons of individual threads with one silly video in it. Consolidate! This way people would know to see some cool and interesting videos, they can go to that thread.. if they want interesting banter, they could look thru the other threads in the lounge.

That is a silly suggestion as I would have to much through the dozens of unfunny **** to get to the one or two video's I would be interested in. I know what poster's post video's I enjoy watching or I can tell by the title and description if I was interested in watching. Half the time the posting of the video itself and not the video is the joke. A giant **** all thread with a hodgepodge of random video's would be annoying to say the least.

That is a silly suggestion as I would have to much through the dozens of unfunny **** to get to the one or two video's I would be interested in. I know what poster's post video's I enjoy watching or I can tell by the title and description if I was interested in watching. Half the time the posting of the video itself and not the video is the joke. A giant **** all thread with a hodgepodge of random video's would be annoying to say the least.

+1

The video's stay.

you dont have to watch all the videos.. you would see the description of the video and then decide.. how is that different then seeing all of the separate threads and making a decision which one to watch?

there is a "funny picture thread" and it is a sticky.. make the video thread a sticky and have people describe what the video is..

i think it is annoying to see all the different threads that include no really "funny" interesting words to read, but just a stupid video of some random person doing something that usually involves hurting themselves or putting a "beat down" on some idiot.. or something just stoopid.

i just would like the lounge to get back to some funny interesting intellectual banter.

+1

The video's stay.

never said they shouldnt stay but put in one thread.

you dont have to watch all the videos.. you would see the description of the video and then decide.. how is that different then seeing all of the separate threads and making a decision which one to watch?

there is a "funny picture thread" and it is a sticky.. make the video thread a sticky and have people describe what the video is..

i think it is annoying to see all the different threads that include no really "funny" interesting words to read, but just a stupid video of some random person doing something that usually involves hurting themselves or putting a "beat down" on some idiot.. or something just stoopid.

i just would like the lounge to get back to some funny interesting intellectual banter.

never said they shouldnt stay but put in one thread.

I hate that thread and never look at it. Also, I have not seen one thread the likes of what you are talking about. I think it would just be easier for you to skip the UFC, FOTC, ect threads. The majority of people should suffer because you don't like it? I know that if there was an official thread for everything I would leave to find a site with more freedom. I can't post on a communist site.

I hate that thread and never look at it. Also, I have not seen one thread the likes of what you are talking about. I think it would just be easier for you to skip the UFC, FOTC, ect threads. The majority of people should suffer because you don't like it? I know that if there was an official thread for everything I would leave to find a site with more freedom. I can't post on a communist site.

dont worry arsis.. my suggestions are never listened to :lol: . so you wont have to worry about leaving where you have more "freedom" :rolleyes:

and there are sometimes when i have no idea what UFC and FOTC stand for.. so i end up opening the threads .. not so easy to skip what i dont know..

but still lies the problem.. there is less and less interesting banter on the site.. that doesnt seem to bother many.

maybe it is just me who is the problem. :D

dont worry arsis.. my suggestions are never listened to :lol: . so you wont have to worry about leaving where you have more "freedom" :rolleyes:

and there are sometimes when i have no idea what UFC and FOTC stand for.. so i end up opening the threads .. not so easy to skip what i dont know..

but still lies the problem.. there is less and less interesting banter on the site.. that doesnt seem to bother many.

What kind of banter are you looking for? War Ensemble and I regularly discuss literature and philosophy. You are more than welcome to join in the discussions. I would welcome it and I am sure War would as well. If you are looking for a different kind of discussion you could always start one. I promise that if it was interesting I would have no problem joining in, or if I were not welcome in the threads, read and be amused.

gg, I think you have forgotten it's all about what Arsis likes. :rolleyes:

I think your suggestion is a terrific one.

I hardly ever open videos. Actullay, all one needs to do is see who posted the video and you can make a pretty good guess on whether its' worth your time.

I hardly ever open videos. Actullay, all one needs to do is see who posted the video and you can make a pretty good guess on whether its' worth your time.

I don't know if you noticed, but Irish Jet and a good few others would agree with Arsis.

It's easy enough to skip the threads and you can tell which one is simply going to be a video thread. It doesn't take too much time, and it bothers no one. No one would use a video thread because you'd have to sort through the crap to find that one video from the specific poster you like.

GG and I were having a nice discussion no need to come in a make insinuations about me and my character. You may think because you have disguised it cleverly that it is not a personal attack, but it is.

Also, Why is it okay for GG to express her opinions on the matter but when I do it I am being some of of selfish asshat? Just because you don't like me and wish it to be so does not make it so.

This is the post I would make if I did not have you on ignore and could actually see your post.

What kind of banter are you looking for? War Ensemble and I regularly discuss literature and philosophy. You are more than welcome to join in the discussions. I would welcome it and I am sure War would as well. If you are looking for a different kind of discussion you could always start one. I promise that if it was interesting I would have no problem joining in, or if I were not welcome in the threads, read and be amused.

You see what's coming, don't you? A "friendlier and kinder", if not wholly sanitized, version of JetNation.

GG and I were having a nice discussion no need to come in a make insinuations about me and my character. You may think because you have disguised it cleverly that it is not a personal attack, but it is.

Also, Why is it okay for GG to express her opinions on the matter but when I do it I am being some of of selfish asshat? Just because you don't like me and wish it to be so does not make it so.

This is the post I would make if I did not have you on ignore and could actually see your post.

You called her suggestion silly. If you consider that nice, my posts is so sugary anyone with dibatetes will go into shock.

Oh, and I think her suggestion truly is a good one. The fact I'm not enamored with your board persona has nothing to do with my liking her suggestion - but it is icing on the cake. Ooops - more sweeteness. My bad. lol!

just a smattering of your funny intellectual posts in the past day

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1321038&postcount=11

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1321166&postcount=16

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1321007&postcount=13605

and here is one of the posts that you think i should join .. but i guess .. i am just not a brainiac like you.. the only philosophy class i took in college was symbolic logic.. so i guess i am sh!t out of luck :D as for literature.. War and I have had discussions about Jackie Collins.. you cant get more intellectually stirring then that :D

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1321165&postcount=13614

I don't know if you noticed, but Irish Jet and a good few others would agree with Arsis.

It's easy enough to skip the threads and you can tell which one is simply going to be a video thread. It doesn't take too much time, and it bothers no one. No one would use a video thread because you'd have to sort through the crap to find that one video from the specific poster you like.

Hey, whatever, it's not my board. I tend to dislike the video barrages, but as I stated, I see who posted the video and decide whether to take a look or not.

You called her suggestion stupid. If you consider that nice, my posts is so sugary anyone with dibatetes will go into shock.

Oh, and I think her suggestion truly is a good one. The fact I'm not enamored with the board persona has nothing to do with my liking her suggestion - but it is icing on the cake. Ooops - more sweeteness. My bad. lol!

I called it stupid? I did no such thing. I said it was silly. Which is not even close to being the same as stupid. I certainly did not mean it was stupid just that it was unnecessary and impractical. I am glad that you have an opinion and wish to share it. I really do. However, that in no one ends the discussion or invalidates other people's opinions in any way. No matter how much you wish it to be true. I am the ******* who is open to the discussion of opinions. You are the nice person who is only looking to insult and present your opinions as the end all be all of the world. I think you need a hug.

so it is ok for me to sort through the crap because some others dont want a video thread?

again it was only a suggestion.. and if the masses dont want it, then i would think max would not implement it.

You see what's coming, don't you? A "friendlier and kinder", if not wholly sanitized, version of JetNation.

LOL!!!!! so by putting videos in one thread, we will have a sanitized version of Jetnation??

really????

just a smattering of your funny intellectual posts in the past day

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1321038&postcount=11

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1321166&postcount=16

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1321007&postcount=13605

and here is one of the posts that you think i should join .. but i guess .. i am just not a brainiac like you.. the only philosophy class i took in college was symbolic logic.. so i guess i am sh!t out of luck :D as for literature.. War and I have had discussions about Jackie Collins.. you cant get more intellectually stirring then that :D

I think those first posts were silly not intellectual or funny in any way nor did I present them as such. The way you have presented this post to me is intellectually dishonest and meant to do nothing but to demean for no reason. Doing this while talking about the degradation of the quality of posts on the board in the height of both arrogance and irony. I sincerely hope you and garb have a nice day.

so it is ok for me to sort through the crap because some others dont want a video thread?

again it was only a suggestion.. and if the masses dont want it, then i would think max would not implement it.

LOL!!!!! so by putting videos in one thread, we will have a sanitized version of Jetnation??really????

That is funny!

I think those first posts were silly not intellectual or funny in any way nor did I present them as such. The way you have presented this post to me is intellectually dishonest and meant to do nothing but to demean for no reason. Doing this while talking about the degradation of the quality of posts on the board in the height of both arrogance and irony. I sincerely hope you and garb have a nice day.

i said a smattering of posts.. and i included one that was talking about philosiphy as to not present posts of yours that were 'silly"

anyway.. given that you have a ton more rep then i do, i would think you have a better feel of the pulse of JN.

i started my suggestion as just that, a suggestion.. idid not intend this to be a discussion of character etc. you called my suggestion "silly" as opposed to saying you disagreed with me. it is semantics, i know.. but this just started out a a suggestion.

sigh.

LOL!!!!! so by putting videos in one thread, we will have a sanitized version of Jetnation??

really????

I wasn't talking about a specific video. Use your, supposed, intellect. I meant that all these bannings and anticipated changes reflect a concerted effort to reduce the flow of creative discourse. Also, why always laugh at people who might have a divergent viewpoint from your own. This is hurtful , and could be construed as a personal attack, which would result in your banning.

i said a smattering of posts.. and i included one that was talking about philosiphy as to not present posts of yours that were 'silly"

anyway.. given that you have a ton more rep then i do, i would think you have a better feel of the pulse of JN.

i started my suggestion as just that, a suggestion.. idid not intend this to be a discussion of character etc. you called my suggestion "silly" as opposed to saying you disagreed with me. it is semantics, i know.. but this just started out a a suggestion.

sigh.

Are we not adults here? If you said that you were upset or offended by my calling it silly I would have apologized. I think I already apologized and clarified my statement in an earlier post. I'll even apologize again as that was not my I meant and it was a poor choice of words.

You can do the same thing with taking people's posts out of context or even in context in an attempt to make them look bad. It just isn't cool and not something people should do. Why present posts of mine at all? Especially with sarcastic and demeaning words next to it if you did not mean to insinuate that my posts were garbage? Which I agree most of them are but it really isn't you place to point that out. I was trying to be nice and use poor word choice and then you went for my throat. No need for that.

I wasn't talking about a specific video. Use your, supposed, intellect. I meant that all these bannings and anticipated changes reflect a concerted effort to reduce the flow of creative discourse. Also, why always laugh at people who might have a divergent viewpoint from your own. This is hurtful , and could be construed as a personal attack, which would result in your banning.

You can be a funny one, Borg.

Do you think bannings and pc changes really will reduce the flow of creative discourse? Take a look at the Adidas thread. Good natured smack, some witty retorts and no one's nose got so bent out of shape they cried to the powers that be (I assume). It can happen. Yes, it can. We can make it happen. ;)

You can be a funny one, Borg.

Do you think bannings and pc changes really will reduce the flow of creative discourse? Take a look at the Adidas thread. Good natured smack, some witty retorts and no one's nose got so bent out of shape they cried to the powers that be (I assume). It can happen. Yes, it can. We can make it happen. ;)

I hear the exhumed remains of George Orwell are being considered for a moderator position.

animalfarme.jpg

Are we not adults here? If you said that you were upset or offended by my calling it silly I would have apologized. I think I already apologized and clarified my statement in an earlier post. I'll even apologize again as that was not my I meant and it was a poor choice of words.

You can do the same thing with taking people's posts out of context or even in context in an attempt to make them look bad. It just isn't cool and not something people should do. Why present posts of mine at all? Especially with sarcastic and demeaning words next to it if you did not mean to insinuate that my posts were garbage? Which I agree most of them are but it really isn't you place to point that out. I was trying to be nice and use poor word choice and then you went for my throat. No need for that.

Ooooo i have a suggestion.. maybe the two of you could start a new board! :D just kidding! :rolleyes:

YOU ( arsis) told me in a previous post that I should seek out your and War's discourse on Philosophy and Literature.. so I did.. and i presented a smattering of posts i found..

if we were all adults here, you wouldnt get your panties in a bunch when i did that ..

again, i realize that as the board stands now, you and borgo are much more popular then i am.. so this suggestion will probably be moot.. as most will agree with you two.

just ask T0mshane (if he comes back) .. i have always been on the "D" list here.

see some things never change :lol:

Ooooo i have a suggestion.. maybe the two of you could start a new board! :D just kidding! :rolleyes:

YOU ( arsis) told me in a previous post that I should seek out your and War's discourse on Philosophy and Literature.. so I did.. and i presented a smattering of posts i found..

if we were all adults here, you wouldnt get your panties in a bunch when i did that ..

again, i realize that as the board stands now, you and borgo are much more popular then i am.. so this suggestion will probably be moot.. as most will agree with you two.

just ask T0mshane (if he comes back) .. i have always been on the "D" list here.

Actually, you're suggestion is not that far fetched. It's precisely what Max did when things became too restrictive on another board. Now, it has come full circle, and JetNation stands at a creative crossroads. Maybe, these Jet message boards should abandon off topic fora (sic for the non-Latin users out there), and concern themselves exclusively with football related topics.

It seems, to me anyway, that it was only a short while ago when posters here could actually bust eachothers chops - even with posters you "dislike" and things would still flow pretty well. There is such a variety of board personalities here that flare-up occurs.....but they used to settle down on their own....or at least that was the perception? Perhaps some posters are missing the filter gene. There are ways to get your message accross without being crude, mean, or just plain classless. For example, joking about cancer is just wrong. Period. How many professional comedians do you hear joking about cancer unless it's a skit about their own experience with it (example: Robert Schimmel).

Like I said, intellectually dishonest.

I can get upset about whatever I want and I found your behavior towards me to be insulting.

You can play the poor me card all you want it does not change the fact that we went from discussing opinions and suggestions and the practicality of them to personal insults and attacks, none of which were done by me.

I would love nothing more then to get back to the on topic discussion. You were talking about the Bisbing v Henderson thread as being one you wish to be swallowed into a big official video thread. That thread already have over 30 posts in it. Now, if there were two other video's that a whole different group of people were interested in how would three separate conversations about three different topics co-exists in the same thread? That would be annoying to me(which is my opinion which is the point of this thread, it is not a sin to disagree with you)

Actually, you're suggestion is not that far fetched. It's precisely what Max did when things became too restrictive on another board. Now, it has come full circle, and JetNation stands at a creative crossroads. Maybe, these Jet message boards should abandon off topic fora (sic for the non-Latin users out there), and concern themselves exclusively with football related topics.

isnt that throwing out the baby with the bath water?

i am nto going to get into the history of JN.

i made a suggestion, this has now turned into something more. I am not going to continue, because it has degraded into something that this thread is NOT about.

as i have said with other discussions borgo, feel free to send me a visitors message or pm me if you want to continue.

i should have just stayed with my suggestion of a snack and soda machine. :lol:

It seems, to me anyway, that it was only a short while ago when posters here could actually bust eachothers chops - even with posters you "dislike" and things would still flow pretty well. There is such a variety of board personalities here that flare-up occurs.....but they used to settle down on their own....or at least that was the perception? Perhaps some posters are missing the filter gene. There are ways to get your message accross without being crude, mean, or just plain classless. For example, joking about cancer is just wrong. Period. How many professional comedians do you hear joking about cancer unless it's a skit about their own experience with it (example: Robert Schimmel).

I agree that most of us can get into arguments without crossing the line into personal attack. I disagree about your cancer joke argument. It is wrong for you, but maybe not for someone else. As I have said before, gallows humor, or jokes about disease, have always been a part of the humor lexicon. Not everybody's cup of tea, but it did--and does--exist. National Lampoon in the 70s was full of this content, and the world is still here and functioning. IMO, 124's calling Verde a **** (an unprovoked personal attack) was 100x worse than Ganggreen posting that stupid cancer reference, which might not have been a joke at all.

the posts in this thread from today are exactly whats wrong with this place lately.

it could have very easily stayed on topic, but everyone derailed it.

I didnt like the suggestion either, and didnt see a problem with calling an idea silly. It wasnt the person being attacked, just an idea. then it degraded quickly from there.

i guess this is what happens when a board matures and personalities get in the way. The fun, freewheeling days are over.

the posts in this thread from today are exactly whats wrong with this place lately.

it could have very easily stayed on topic, but everyone derailed it.

I didnt like the suggestion either, and didnt see a problem with calling an idea silly. It wasnt the person being attacked, just an idea. then it degraded quickly from there.

i guess this is what happens when a board matures and personalities get in the way. The fun, freewheeling days are over.

I agree with this. I even apologized and rephrased when I meant. I did get upset at what I viewed as people attacking me when I felt it was uncalled for and if I retaliated I would have been the one viewed as wrong. I should have probably stopped posting but that is a problem I have and I am working on working on it.

Archived