The trouble with bananas

DMaynard

I love them and we all know how good they are for you. But you know how when you peel off the skin, there are still those stringy things going down the sides that you have to look for and peel off as well? And if you miss one, you hate it when they crunch in your mouth? Don't you just hate that? I do.

Jever wonder why bananas have them? (insert Andy Rooney jokes)

Is this a major issue for others? ;)

I love them and we all know how good they are for you. But you know how when you peel off the skin, there are still those stringy things going down the sides that you have to look for and peel off as well? And if you miss one, you hate it when they crunch in your mouth? Don't you just hate that? I do.

Considering that this is the JN Lounge, I was expecting a much different take on bananas than the one you provided.

Thank you for confounding those expectations Maynard!

Considering that this is the JN Lounge, I was expecting a much different take on bananas than the one you provided.

Thank you for confounding those expectations Maynard!

Kleck, I am sure the thread will be highjacked in that direction very quickly. :D

We need a separate forum for pure science and mystery.

Is it weird that I absolutely HATE Bananas. They are one of the only foods in this world I just cant stand. They are gross. The flavor, the texture, the skin. Yuck!

Bananas are disgusting.

That is vierd. Whould you like a schmoke and a pancake? :D

I know what you mean but for me it's not really a major issue.

I, too, am not a big fan of bananas. The fact that they turn black so quickly, combined with their already mushy texture, makes them not worth it to me. They don't taste that bad but eating the actual thing is gross to me.

It wouldn't be manly to admit that you actually enjoyed eating a banana now would it?! lol

I agree tho.. there is such a small window for a good banana. Any green;gross.. any hint of brown;gross. To me, they are only good in between those stages.

I like bananas but the strings aren't really a big issue for me. I do always chop off the ends of the banana, though, since I think that pointy part's gross. It's usually more mushy and looks rotten.

I do hate the strings on corn on the cob worse. They're such a pain to take off, and if you end up eating them, it's like flossing your teeth.

Now no sexual innuendos here, thanks. It's too easy and awfully banal. That out of the way, bananas are a funny thing. I can't really look at them too closely, and the consistency takes over some times. Total gross out. Better served on the unripe side in cereal, and when they go blacker than black, a mean banana bread.

Plantains are a different story. My friend's boyfriend's grandmother used to make plantains with lamb (back in the day when I ate meat). Holy Hell, died and went to heaven; so what am I still doing here?

Now no sexual innuendos here, thanks. It's too easy and awfully banal. That out of the way, bananas are a funny thing. I can't really look at them too closely, and the consistency takes over some times. Total gross out. Better served on the unripe side in cereal, and when they go blacker than black, a mean banana bread.

Plantains are a different story. My friend's boyfriend's grandmother used to make plantains with lamb (back in the day when I ate meat). Holy Hell, died and went to heaven; so what am I still doing here?

add the walnuts and i will kill for ya;)

Archived