PS17

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kashi and soy milk for breakfast

raspberry, blueberry, banana parfait

Steamed pot stickers for lunch

Wow that sounds perfect.

I would like your permission to cut and paste this each time my Cardiologist and his hench person nutritionist ask me what I ate today. At your earliest convenience please add what I will be eating for dinner. Thanx.

Ugh me too. Even when it's your own, it's foul. Tell me: how can something that was in your mouth moments ago be so disgusting seconds later when accidentally consumed?

I do not intend this to become a discussion on 'snowballing' but if it goes there, that's cool.

idk its so good when its in there then 5 minutes later when your not expecting it itll make you sick.

Low blow but you're right. Have to set a good example for my daughter.

Starting now I'm done wearing thongs.

not to butt in but if your daughter starts dipping i think youve got bigger problems then who she learned it from.

I've never used it.

I also like the powders because you don't have to take up fridge space and they last longer.

This stuff, for me at least, has done quite the contrary.

Admittedly, I buy stuff that's a little more high end, but it works well and as a benefit, tastes very good for what it is.

What about No-Explode?? i used it yesterday for the first time and man that stuff is like liquid crack.. i have never had that much energy after or during a workout.. i was still moving a mile a minute when i got home and i kicked my arse at the gym yesterday..

What about No-Explode?? i used it yesterday for the first time and man that stuff is like liquid crack.. i have never had that much energy after or during a workout.. i was still moving a mile a minute when i got home and i kicked my arse at the gym yesterday..

There's a reason why... cause it's not good for you lol. I'll spare you the lecture, but those type of things mess with your heart and your insides. All depends on what you're doing. EY is trying to bulk, I'm cutting, so he is taking a combined protein/weight gainer product. It's tough to eat 3000+ cals a day. Here's what I'm taking, most of it is considered "natural"

Whey Protein

Maltodrexin (it's a complex carb, comes from corn)

Multivitamin (Controlled Labs Orange Triad, I love it and recommend it)

Fish Oil

ZMA

Once I get down to 144 I'll start my bulking phase, where I'll add in creatine and if that doesnt' work I'll probably use the product EY is using to get those calories in.

NO products basically just get you high.

They don't really do anything for you long term as far as gains go.

Here's 2 articles, the first one is a bit scientific, so a little hard for lay-folks like us to follow, but there's a summary at the end that gives you the general idea:

http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_supplements/the_no2arginine_scam

The second is a mix of an article and an add for a 'better option', which happens to be the post workout drink I recommended. That said, if you cut through the BS about how great their product is, you find the real stuff. Focus on the '7-take home points' and the conclusions.

http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_supplements/the_no2arginine_scam

It's easy to say that it's biased because they want to sell you their product, but in reality, this company makes every other type of supp. on the market, so why wouldn't they just make NO supps unless they didn't believe in them.

There's a reason why... cause it's not good for you lol. I'll spare you the lecture, but those type of things mess with your heart and your insides. All depends on what you're doing. EY is trying to bulk, I'm cutting, so he is taking a combined protein/weight gainer product. It's tough to eat 3000+ cals a day. Here's what I'm taking, most of it is considered "natural"

Whey Protein

Maltodrexin (it's a complex carb, comes from corn)

Multivitamin (Controlled Labs Orange Triad, I love it and recommend it)

Fish Oil

ZMA

Once I get down to 144 I'll start my bulking phase, where I'll add in creatine and if that doesnt' work I'll probably use the product EY is using to get those calories in.

Yea that what my boss said.. she said something about a stroke..lol but its funny they dont mention any of the Con's about the product before you buy it just the Pro's i wonder why :rolleyes:

I don't know where the bulk ends for me... I'm at about 172 right now, and I'm not near satisfied. I'd describe myself as 'Athletic Thin'... a nice jump up from emaciated. :rl:

For me to be F'N HUGE, I'd need another 60-70 lbs, and I just don't think I'm ready to handle that. 190 would probably be a nice place to be at 6'3, so long as I keep the bodyfat off.

I don't know where the bulk ends for me... I'm at about 172 right now, and I'm not near satisfied. I'd describe myself as 'Athletic Thin'... a nice jump up from emaciated. :rl:

For me to be F'N HUGE, I'd need another 60-70 lbs, and I just don't think I'm ready to handle that. 190 would probably be a nice place to be at 6'3, so long as I keep the bodyfat off.

Dam im 5' 7" 160 maybe i shouldnt bulk up anymore then ..lol

Damn bro! I'm 5'7 and 152 now, I'm trying to get down to 144 and then put on 10-15 in muscle. You gotta consider your body type too when you're training and eating.

I'm guessing EY, you're more of an Ectomorph, just hard for you to gain that weight, but you're thin.

Me, I'm the dreaded Endomorph. Carb sensitive, gain weight in the spare tire region, and have to be very rigid with my diet.

So EY can eat more carbs and stuff like that and be ok, me, I get pwned eating lots of carbs, my body wants to hold onto it.

I guess what I'm saying is if you gain weight easy, but in muscle, then consider cutting and get that definition. If you hold onto it like I do, you'll have to cut... then bulk. EY can just bulk, and while that sounds wonderful, like he said he's gotta gain a **** ton of weight and eat ungodly amounts of food.

Good to see you're putting on the weight though, in a constructive manner but I can understand how insanely exhausting the idea of putting on that much muscle must be. Plus expensive with all the food and supplements to help you.

Damn bro! I'm 5'7 and 152 now, I'm trying to get down to 144 and then put on 10-15 in muscle. You gotta consider your body type too when you're training and eating.

I'm guessing EY, you're more of an Ectomorph, just hard for you to gain that weight, but you're thin.

Me, I'm the dreaded Endomorph. Carb sensitive, gain weight in the spare tire region, and have to be very rigid with my diet.

So EY can eat more carbs and stuff like that and be ok, me, I get pwned eating lots of carbs, my body wants to hold onto it.

I guess what I'm saying is if you gain weight easy, but in muscle, then consider cutting and get that definition. If you hold onto it like I do, you'll have to cut... then bulk. EY can just bulk, and while that sounds wonderful, like he said he's gotta gain a **** ton of weight and eat ungodly amounts of food.

Yea then im like EY.. because if i dnt eat regularly then i will drop a few pound really quick... and all my weight gain goes to muscle because im so active it doesnt have time to turn into fat.. i usually play softball 3 times a week so i get my cardio from that then all my weight training at the gym.. its so weird i hear stuff like this from you guys and you make me sound like im over weight and i need to cut weight more then worry about gaining weight but both my mom and girlfriend say i look to skinny and that i need to eat more..lol

Yea then im like EY.. because if i dnt eat regularly then i will drop a few pound really quick... and all my weight gain goes to muscle because im so active it doesnt have time to turn into fat.. i usually play softball 3 times a week so i get my cardio from that then all my weight training at the gym.. its so weird i hear stuff like this from you guys and you make me sound like im over weight and i need to cut weight more then worry about gaining weight but both my mom and girlfriend say i look to skinny and that i need to eat more..lol

Then I am INFINITELY jealous of you lol. Just keep doing what you're doing if it's working for you, I'm not saying your fat at all actually, weight is nothing to really go by unless you know the person. If you got a **** ton of muscle on you then 160 is an EXCELLENT weight. I'm 152 with a good amount of muscle, but I'm focusing on getting lean. So I might be around 160, after I go down to 144 and then add that weight in with muscle. Please don't take it as I am criticizing you.

Just lay off that liquid crack :)

Ha... don't look at me as any sort of barometer. I was a skinny dude... still thin, and don't really want to be that big, because at 6'3/4, linebacker isn't the look I want for myself.

EY can just bulk, and while that sounds wonderful, like he said he's gotta gain a **** ton of weight and eat ungodly amounts of food.

Lil Mick, Vic and I were joking over PM a few weeks ago, but I lose about 30 minutes a day just taking dumps... Ha... and I'm not one of those people that sits there and reads... I'm in and out. :rl:

At the end of the day, I'm not a preformance athlete, and the only real measure that matters is the mirror. It's a persuit that's mostly vain, because I was healthy at 6'3 150ish. Just very skinny.

Get yourself where you're happy with, whether that's up or down.

Then I am INFINITELY jealous of you lol. Just keep doing what you're doing if it's working for you, I'm not saying your fat at all actually, weight is nothing to really go by unless you know the person. If you got a **** ton of muscle on you then 160 is an EXCELLENT weight. I'm 152 with a good amount of muscle, but I'm focusing on getting lean. So I might be around 160, after I go down to 144 and then add that weight in with muscle. Please don't take it as I am criticizing you.

Just lay off that liquid crack :)

no not at all i appreciate the advise. :cheers: and we probably have the same body type i just have age on my side and have been playing sports non-stop since i was 5yrs..

At the end of the day, I'm not a preformance athlete, and the only real measure that matters is the mirror. It's a persuit that's mostly vain, because I was healthy at 6'3 150ish. Just very skinny.

no not at all i appreciate the advise. :cheers: and we probably have the same body type i just have age on my side and have been playing sports non-stop since i was 5yrs..

EY's post says it all Mick... Me, I want to be at like 8% body fat, which is requiring a lot of work. I've lost 38 lbs and if that was my goal I'd be happy, but I'm not happy with the product in the mirror quite yet.

Yes, damn you and your age!! College ruined me....

And as for the dumps... well, when you eat constantly all day it just keeps the metabolism going. My wife pretty much knows that as soon as I'm done with dinner... time to make a deposit. :pooh:

yea i totally agree.. i only workout for my personal statifaction... you we all want that killer beach body

EY's post says it all Mick... Me, I want to be at like 8% body fat, which is requiring a lot of work. I've lost 38 lbs and if that was my goal I'd be happy, but I'm not happy with the product in the mirror quite yet.

Yes, damn you and your age!! College ruined me....

And as for the dumps... well, when you eat constantly all day it just keeps the metabolism going. My wife pretty much knows that as soon as I'm done with dinner... time to make a deposit. :pooh:

:D yea luckly i wasnt in college long enough to get any bad side effects.. but your doing your self a favor by getting in better shape.. and im sure you know that

this is the stuff i took yesterday.. it amazing what it does but its probably really really bad for you..

no-xplode.jpg

I can't imagine any of that stuff is all that great for you. I guess as long as skinny people keep buying the stuff. :P

I can't imagine any of that stuff is all that great for you. I guess as long as skinny people keep buying the stuff. :P

I used to take tons of supplements and crap when I was rowing at UNC. From the outside I looked like the picture of health but on the inside I was destroying myself. Finally after getting booted off the team, I started running again, do all my weight training at home and haven't taken a supplement since. So much better for you - who the hell wants to be a musclehead anyway? I could barely swing a golf club.

I used to take tons of supplements and crap when I was rowing at UNC. From the outside I looked like the picture of health but on the inside I was destroying myself. Finally after getting booted off the team, I started running again, do all my weight training at home and haven't taken a supplement since. So much better for you - who the hell wants to be a musclehead anyway? I could barely swing a golf club.

:rl: Dude, my older son just peeked over my shoulder and saw your avatar. He was like..."What is that? It looks like a poop." :rl:

Archived