Sign in to follow this  
MDL_JET

Jets video I made...thoughts?

Very, very good in my opinion. The music goes great with the video, and it really goes together very well. Great job!

Awesome, shame youtube will take it down because of copyrights.

There was one before last season that was awesome. Forget the song name and artist, but it was something along the lines "Lets see how far we've come..." I saw it once, and wanted to watch it again and it was gone.

it's good. too long though. towards the end it wasn't quite interesting enough to hold my attention anymore.

I ****ing hate those titan uniforms. Its like its not even the Jets, its so annoying.

I love the symmetry of the piece. Unlike many, you had a beginning, middle and end, which is how all good storytellers operate. Great music track, as well. The best part for me was watching Chad get smashed in the chops. Excellent work overall.

More Darrelle Revis highlights wouldn't hurt. :lol:

That video was very well put together I have to say.

Had me pumped for the season too man, great job!

Nice vid. I left your first comment!

Edited by DLJ

it's good. too long though. towards the end it wasn't quite interesting enough to hold my attention anymore.

I wanted to do it shorter but when I tried only using part of the song or something youtube doesn't allow me to put it up. I tried it with the entire song it went up so..had to make it longer. Oh well .. Thanks everyone for the comments!

hey guys..made this Jets video. Just wanted some opinions on it. Thanks :)

I edit professionally... This is the first fan video I've seen that's actually good. You have ability for sure...

Your opening effects are nice with the b/w and feathered edges.

Just a few thoughts, and these are really just on the higher end of things. Your first clip of the 2009 Jets is Bart Scott as a Raven playing the Dolphins... takes you out of it a bit and I'd like to see some Jets footage first.

I'd try experimenting with some sound effects as well. It was very nice when you brought in the Jets Chant, but you can do more with "hits" and "crashes" to really make them pop.

Also, I'd lose the footage of Clemens from '07. It's old and took me out of it as well.

It's also a little weird that that Clemens throws a ball against the Skins to Cotch and Cotch catches it against the Pats.

Also, it could be shorter, at about the 2:50 mark it starts to feel long.

Again, overall a nice piece, these are all much higher level notes that I wouldn't bother giving if you didn't have ability.

I wanted to do it shorter but when I tried only using part of the song or something youtube doesn't allow me to put it up. I tried it with the entire song it went up so..had to make it longer. Oh well .. Thanks everyone for the comments!

don't get me wrong. it was pretty good. i'm just easily bored....probably a little add y'know?

I edit professionally... This is the first fan video I've seen that's actually good. You have ability for sure...

Your opening effects are nice with the b/w and feathered edges.

Just a few thoughts, and these are really just on the higher end of things. Your first clip of the 2009 Jets is Bart Scott as a Raven playing the Dolphins... takes you out of it a bit and I'd like to see some Jets footage first.

I'd try experimenting with some sound effects as well. It was very nice when you brought in the Jets Chant, but you can do more with "hits" and "crashes" to really make them pop.

Also, I'd lose the footage of Clemens from '07. It's old and took me out of it as well.

It's also a little weird that that Clemens throws a ball against the Skins to Cotch and Cotch catches it against the Pats.

Also, it could be shorter, at about the 2:50 mark it starts to feel long.

Again, overall a nice piece, these are all much higher level notes that I wouldn't bother giving if you didn't have ability.

I'm actually glad that you point all that out. Trying to get into editing myself. I definitely feel the same way, its hard to get footage of these things, since I don't exactly have NFL Films to choose from. But I appreciate all the comments! Thanks

don't get me wrong. it was pretty good. i'm just easily bored....probably a little add y'know?

haha its all good.

Great job. The only problem that I had was that knucklehead SowellTrain was in the draft clip.

really cool vid, very well done, bravo

hey guys..made this Jets video. Just wanted some opinions on it. Thanks :)

Awesome. Really nice.

Did you do this because you were entering a contest that you heard about on the internet? :-P Great job though. Really great job.

Awesome. Really nice.

Did you do this because you were entering a contest that you heard about on the internet? :-P Great job though. Really great job.

Damn skippy haha. Figured why not try and see what happens :)

Edited by MDL_JET

Being 110% honest...

Best Jets video I've ever seen. The music is great with it. Awesome choice.

Thanks for getting me pumped up in June. :)

http://newyork.craigslist.org/jsy/crg/1233310368.html

Hello Jets Fans,

The 2009 season is almost here. http://JetNation.com will have training camp reports and all the breaking Jets news. (Camp starts on Friday July 31).

We want you to help us spread the word that http://JetNation.com is the best Jets site on the internet. If you help us, you can win free tickets to a Jets game. What do we want you to do? Simply create a video about the Jets and mention http://JetNation.com. Upload the video to youtube. You must tag the video with: New York Jets, Jets Nation, JetNation.com.

The winning video will receive two tickets to one of these games (your choice) and will also get a free VIP tailgate.

11/29 Carolina Panthers

12/20 Tampa Bay Bucs

01/03 Cinn Bengals

In order to be entered just send us an email (forums@jetnation.com) with the link to your youtube video.

Bo knows football. Max knows Marketing. Right now MDL_Jet is winning the contest for the free tickets. One thing, the video has to be something that youtube doesn't delete to win. :-P

Really good job with this video though. The intro is great.

Bo knows football. Max knows Marketing. Right now MDL_Jet is winning the contest for the free tickets. One thing, the video has to be something that youtube doesn't delete to win. :-P

Haha thanks...great put a target on my back lol. Especially knowing theres professional editors here.

Is there a time you guys announce a winner?

• Upvote 1

The Rex Ryan bits are the best and BTW EY I kinda disagree about the Bart Scott bit. It may not be a Jets highlight but seeing our new guy crush Pennington was pretty ****ing awesome.

Since when do you have "VIP tailgates?"

Just wondering.

This year we are cleaning things up a bit and implementing an 18 and older VIP kind of thing.

This year we are cleaning things up a bit and implementing an 18 and older VIP kind of thing.

:rl:

The Rex Ryan bits are the best and BTW EY I kinda disagree about the Bart Scott bit. It may not be a Jets highlight but seeing our new guy crush Pennington was pretty ****ing awesome.

I agree that it has a place in the video, just that leading with a Ravens highlight is the wrong way to go for a Jets video.

Should I enter?