Worst Lemon you ever bought/had?

SouthernJet

Mine was something I was given when my Dad died.

It was a Plymouth Volare, I think 75 or 76..

It must have had 20 recalls :rl:

But I never canned it cause it was my Dads last car.

Too bad he didnt read Consumer Reports ;)

Maybe they didnt have back then :confused:

maybe they did but he had enough money and free time to just do what he wanted anyway.

Cleo Lemon....EWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bought a 93 Ford Explorer from a friend for "the boy" when he started college. Now I hated Fords so it WAS a BFD buying that truck. Worse POS I ever saw . Nothing but a huge money pit. Every week it was something else. Fuel pump, brake lines, starter , gas tank, alternator, fuel lines. About the only thing I didn't change was the lower radiator hose. :biggrin:

I bought a 93 Ford Explorer from a friend for "the boy" when he started college. Now I hated Fords so it WAS a BFD buying that truck. Worse POS I ever saw . Nothing but a huge money pit. Every week it was something else. Fuel pump, brake lines, starter , gas tank, alternator, fuel lines. About the only thing I didn't change was the lower radiator hose. :biggrin:

yea that explorers from 90-95 were a piece of junk... it was in your best interest to get rid of the truck before it hit 70,000 miles because that when EVERYTHING in the truck goes bad

My 99 VW GLS Jetta what ****ing POS I ran up more money in repair bills that what the carcost me brand new. Thne my wife isisted that I get her a new Bettle (01) that caught on fire while she was driving down the road and was nit the shop evey other week **** VW!

My 99 VW GLS Jetta what ****ing POS I ran up more money in repair bills that what the carcost me brand new. Thne my wife isisted that I get her a new Bettle (01) that caught on fire while she was driving down the road and was nit the shop evey other week **** VW!

What caught fire? Was it the heated ****ing seats?

+1

**** VW!

I inherited a Renault Alliance (similar to the one below) from my sister back in the late '80s. The entire interior was plastic, except for the seats which were vinyl. The only good thing about it was the 4 speed manual tranny. Smooth as silk.....

1986-Renault-Alliance-DL-Pr.jpg

I bought a mid 70s Volare in the late 80's for 50 bucks to beat up on it. I honestly believed that I was going to make the Volare into a sleeper street rod and got it because it was rust free and I honestly didn't think it was bad looking.

You never hear anybody mention them anymore. :)

My biggest lemon was either a new Land Rover I bought in '02 or the '83 Grand Prix that was my first car. I can't believe the transmission went with only 80k on the car. Who would have thought hundreds of nuetral drops would do damage? :D

My biggest one was probably my 1992 Plymouth Voyager, got all kinds of recall notices for it, and it wasn't just minor things, it was for stuff like kids possibly getting ejected from it while still buckled into the seat, the 200 lb liftgate possibly coming down on your head, steering wheel may come loose and fall off, etc.

The worst lemon I ever bought was a piece of s**t Chevy Chevette. New off the lot it leaked oil and transmission fluid. Things only went down hill from there. The electrical system was nothing but a nightmare! I couldn't go out of town without a box full of fuses. Traded it for a Dodge Duster with a slant six engine. It required a new starter every couple years, but that was it.

Archived