Michael Jackson Dead [Merged 2X]

DHJF

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I remember the interview he did, I think some English guy was the interviewer and it was around the time of all his legal troubles and I remember coming away from that thinking, this guy, mentally, never evolved from a 13-14 year old mentality.

I remember thinking, I don't know if he really molested any kids, I think he displayed some inappropriate behavior for a man his age, but I don't know if he really ever sexually abused any kids, I fele like he really didn't understand why people would think what he was doing was wrong.

Very bizarre...his parents really f'd him up.

This is true.

He was a ****ed up human being but at the same time he was more than likely a victim of circumstance. There was never going to be much normal about someone with that sort of upbringing.

RIP Michael

I know his transgressions and "alleged" sex crimes make an unsympathetic figure, but we'll never really know what happened in those situation. It is a stretch to think nothing inappropriate, at least, happened though.

Even with that, I was 12 when Thriller came out, and have always been a huge fan of his music and dancing. He did become a total freak the last 15 years, but I always felt sorry for him to a degree.

As I said in another thread, if I had kids of my own, maybe I'd feel differently.

Also, I have to say, some real classless posts in this thread. But I can see why some are not sympathetic to him at all.

RIP Michael

I know his transgressions and "alleged" sex crimes make an unsympathetic figure, but we'll never really know what happened in those situation. It is a stretch to think nothing inappropriate, at least, happened though.

Even with that, I was 12 when Thriller came out, and have always been a huge fan of his music and dancing. He did become a total freak the last 15 years, but I always felt sorry for him to a degree.

As I said in another thread, if I had kids of my own, maybe I'd feel differently.

Also, I have to say, some real classless posts in this thread. But I can see why some are not sympathetic to him at all.

This is not directed at you Norway, but it prompted a thought I have had regarding locked threads or deleted posts. Whether classless or not, they belong IMO. We cannot sanitize the world of expression, even if it offends. I would not have worded responses in that matter, but why shouldn't another if that's the way they feel? You can also look upon it as a chance for others to change how that person thinks or feels on the topic.

RIP Michael

There is a definitely different pools of thought. The ones that loved him for his talent and would believe that he did what he did. And there are those that loved him for his talent fully believed he was toucher, but didnt let that get in the way of their love for his talent and then theres those that just hated him, his music and wanted to see the train wreck.

This is not directed at you Norway, but it prompted a thought I have had regarding locked threads or deleted posts. Whether classless or not, they belong IMO. We cannot sanitize the world of expression, even if it offends. I would not have worded responses in that matter, but why shouldn't another if that's the way they feel? You can also look upon it as a chance for others to change how that person thinks or feels on the topic.

I think this is a very good post Borgo, and introduces some really good thoughts. I think folks should be able to say what they want in this thread. At the same time, I'm free to post my opinion on what they say. On this board and others, I've made dumb jokes about celebs that passed, just trying to be funny. I think you know my sense of humor, I'm not PC at all! But at some point, I began to feel bad about ttaking those kinds of shots on a dead person and now really avoid that type of thing.

But as you said, I believe that censorship is way wrong, and that posters should write what they want, even if I find it distasteful or disagree.

Listen, MJ was a very, very flawed person. I'm allowed to react with saddness, others are allowed to react with derision, I understand that.

Really??? very interesting. This is not the world . THis is a site owned by Max, and frankly he can do what he wants. If he directs his mods to close threads or delete posts that is his right.

i dont want to get into a fight right now.. but i just cant understand stuff anymore.

if you ( or anyone else for that matter) would like to discuss this more, please PM me.

Again.. Michael Jackson had amazing musical talent and was acquitted of chargers levied against him. Those are facts. Everything else is speculation.

I think this is a very good post Borgo, and introduces some really good thoughts. I think folks should be able to say what they want in this thread. At the same time, I'm free to post my opinion on what they say. On this board and others, I've made dumb jokes about celebs that passed, just trying to be funny. I think you know my sense of humor, I'm not PC at all! But at some point, I began to feel bad about ttaking those kinds of shots on a dead person and now really avoid that type of thing.

But as you said, I believe that censorship is way wrong, and that posters should write what they want, even if I find it distasteful or disagree.

Listen, MJ was a very, very flawed person. I'm allowed to react with saddness, others are allowed to react with derision, I understand that.

Great post as well, Norway. This is exactly my point. If someone says something stupid or offensive, let others who don't agree show their displeasure within the confines of the rules on JN. We already can't discuss politics and religion. (I get this as many posters can't engage in a civil argument.) Now we can't disparage the dead if that's how you feel or it's warranted? Again, I understand that JetNation is not a democracy. It's Max' show and he can do what he likes. I just hope that all controversial topics or comments are not routinely expurgated.

There is a definitely different pools of thought. The ones that loved him for his talent and would believe that he did what he did. And there are those that loved him for his talent fully believed he was toucher, but didnt let that get in the way of their love for his talent and then theres those that just hated him, his music and wanted to see the train wreck.

I totally agree JiF. It's hard to believe he did nothing wrong, but who reallu knows. I agree with Piney's previous post as well, that he seemed childlike in many ways. That said, if he did molest kids, there is not an excuse in the world for it, no matter who messed up in the head he was, no question.

Like Crusher said, I'll try and think of him more Thriller and prior, before the alleged diddling and the freakishness.

Just a big, big fan of his music and dancing, so I feel it's a big loss. Hell, pretty often, my fiance and I will be playing heads up poker in our computer room, with tunes playing. A MJ song that we really like will come on and we'll jump up and start dancing out of nowhere. Pretty funny sight, a lumbering 240 pound Jewish-hillbilly and a petite Indian girl, lol.

We're having our first dance to "I'll Be There"....:confused:

Really??? very interesting. This is not the world . THis is a site owned by Max, and frankly he can do what he wants. If he directs his mods to close threads or delete posts that is his right.

i dont want to get into a fight right now.. but i just cant understand stuff anymore.

if you ( or anyone else for that matter) would like to discuss this more, please PM me.

Again.. Michael Jackson had amazing musical talent and was acquitted of chargers levied against him. Those are facts. Everything else is speculation.

You're the one looking for a fight, not me. Again, I am just expressing my way of thinking. You don't like it, move past my post, put me on ignore, etc.

+100

Remember when Mother Teresa and Princess Di passed away

The pastor at my church ...his sermon blasted Di left and right over her

infidelity and stated everyone is hurt that Di past away and no one is

talking about Mother Teresa...he ended by saying We all know that

MT is in heaven, can't say the same about Di..

There were many mouths that dropped that day, i stopped going there...the

priest was reassigned 2 months later and is now out of priesthood...

Speculation is a terrible thing to do...

In essence it's clear the way people will take this.

Celebrate his Iconic nature and those accomplishments and separating his flaws from that.

Or remember he was a human being, flawed and ugly like the rest of us.

I do think his talents deserve the respect of remembering that he was very talented, but his choices that ultimately exposed him as a freakshow should not be forgotten in lieu of that IMO. And because of that I don't believe we should celebrate him as a saint. It's ok to be sad that his talent is gone, but there are far better people in the world... key word being people, because he was a person, not a god.

One thing I must point out- this is Max's website -not an open forum for people to express any comment or view they want to- lets remember that. And we have stated from the start which I was here for no political type of commentary.

In essence it's clear the way people will take this.

Celebrate his Iconic nature and those accomplishments and separating his flaws from that.

Or remember he was a human being, flawed and ugly like the rest of us.

I do think his talents deserve the respect of remembering that he was very talented, but his choices that ultimately exposed him as a freakshow should not be forgotten in lieu of that IMO. And because of that I don't believe we should celebrate him as a saint. It's ok to be sad that his talent is gone, but there are far better people in the world... key word being people, because he was a person, not a god.

Very, very well put. Perfect actually.

Yeah, um...we have been very lenient for years. VERY LENIENT. and some have taken that slack and ran with it until it gets to the point where some people are just flat out disrespecting the sites owner. who by the way, pays for this site out of his own pocket so you have a forum to express your opinion.

We have very few rules here. all we ask is that everybody respect them and follow them. but, time after time they are ignored. well, thats why this heavy handed approach is going on now.

There is not one single post deleted in this thread. Stuff gets locked more often than stuff gets deleted. What we are doing now is if we have to lock or delete something and it wasn't an honest mistake the poster is just getting banned.

It is sad that it came to this but we ask everyone to respect each other. In the cases that it isn't happening like that, we have to take other action. We have said it before, think before you post.

Obama jokes, making fun of people who have cancer -- we just want no part of that. This is a football site.

Archived