Michael Jackson Dead [Merged 2X]

DHJF

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jackson Family -- Demerol Shot Caused Death

Posted Jun 26th 2009 9:56AM by TMZ Staff

A close member of Michael Jackson's family has told us Jackson received a daily injection of a synthetic narcotic similar to morphine -- Demerol -- and yesterday he received a shot at 11:30 AM.

Family members are saying the dosage was "too much" and that's what caused his death.

and they're saying that family doctor has gone missing...damn this is reminding me more and more of August 16th 1976 (Elvis' death)

RIP Michael

I know his transgressions and "alleged" sex crimes make an unsympathetic figure, but we'll never really know what happened in those situation. It is a stretch to think nothing inappropriate, at least, happened though.

Even with that, I was 12 when Thriller came out, and have always been a huge fan of his music and dancing. He did become a total freak the last 15 years, but I always felt sorry for him to a degree.

As I said in another thread, if I had kids of my own, maybe I'd feel differently.

Also, I have to say, some real classless posts in this thread. But I can see why some are not sympathetic to him at all.

We know exactly what happened; derelict parents allowed their kids to play with this freak. many were molested. Some got paid up front, some got paid afterward. And his money allowed him to avoid going to jail. All I never understood is what can allow ANY PARENT to let their kids near a pedophile.

How Michael Jackson saved the Patriots

Boston Globe - Mike Reiss - June 26

Now there's a headline you probably don't expect in the wake of the King of Pop's death yesterday at age 50. But it's true. Michael Jackson played a significant role in Robert Kraft becoming the owner of the Patriots.

Puzzled? A Forbes magazine feature story on Kraft from September 2005 spells it all out, detailing how the a disastrous business venture by the Sullivan family -- the founding owners of the franchise -- indirectly helped Kraft fulfill his dream of owning the Patriots.

According to the article, Kraft's first step toward purchasing the team was a subtle and savvy one -- he began purchasing land around the stadium.

He wanted to own not only the team but also its stadium and all the surrounding land. He started by locking up purchase rights to 300 acres around the stadium in Foxboro, Mass. The Sullivan family, founding owners of the Patriots, owned the team and the stadium but not the surrounding land. In 1985 Kraft bought a ten-year option on the property, paying a group of Boston businessmen $1 million a year for first dibs to buy the land someday for $18 million. It was risky, but "the option gave me ten years to try to figure out how to get the team," he says.

In the 1986, the Sullivans put the team up for sale, but not the stadium. Kraft decided to hold off on bidding on the team. Victor Kiam -- the founder of Remington shavers who would prove to be an embarrassment to the franchise -- bought the team for $87 million.

Kraft's opportunity may have been lost -- until a failed venture with Jackson and his musical family forced the Sullivans' hand in 1988.

". . . Two years later he snagged the second piece of the puzzle--thanks to singer Michael Jackson. In 1988 Kraft and a partner put up $25 million to buy the Foxboro stadium from the Sullivan family, besting a $16 million offer from Kiam. (Kraft would buy out his 50-50 partner for a small premium five years later.) Charles Sullivan had used the stadium as collateral to fund the Jackson brothers' Victory Tour back in 1984. Over-leveraged, Sullivan went bankrupt and was forced to sell the arena.

By the end of 1988 Kraft had rights to the land, but when the team was put up for sale in '92, he again held off. Kiam sold to James Busch Orthwein, who a year later decided he wanted to either move the team to his hometown of St. Louis or sell it. But Kraft owned the stadium's operating covenant, meaning anyone who wanted to buy the team had to negotiate with him.

Instead and at last, in 1994, he bought the team for $172 million, then the highest price ever paid for a sports franchise. And the rest is history, with the three-time Super Bowl champion Patriots being on a victory tour of their own this decade.

Oh, and here's the kicker: To this day, Kraft keeps a poster from the Victory Tour among his mementos.

We know exactly what happened; derelict parents allowed their kids to play with this freak. many were molested. Some got paid up front, some got paid afterward. And his money allowed him to avoid going to jail. All I never understood is what can allow ANY PARENT to let their kids near a pedophile.

I think that's very likely. As I've said, as a big fan, I'm choosing to reflect on his music and dancing at this time. I'm not denying the disgusting likely possibilities.

Jackson Family -- Demerol Shot Caused Death

Posted Jun 26th 2009 9:56AM by TMZ Staff

A close member of Michael Jackson's family has told us Jackson received a daily injection of a synthetic narcotic similar to morphine -- Demerol -- and yesterday he received a shot at 11:30 AM.

Family members are saying the dosage was "too much" and that's what caused his death.

and they're saying that family doctor has gone missing...damn this is reminding me more and more of August 16th 1976 (Elvis' death)

sad. his tragic life had even more demons than we ever imagined.. from the other articles i read he sounded like a ticking time bomb.

There is not one single post deleted in this thread. Stuff gets locked more often than stuff gets deleted. What we are doing now is if we have to lock or delete something and it wasn't an honest mistake the poster is just getting banned.

It is sad that it came to this but we ask everyone to respect each other. In the cases that it isn't happening like that, we have to take other action. We have said it before, think before you post.

Obama jokes, making fun of people who have cancer -- we just want no part of that. This is a football site.

I blame all the JI people....oh wait....um..scratch that.....

Yeah, um...we have been very lenient for years. VERY LENIENT. and some have taken that slack and ran with it until it gets to the point where some people are just flat out disrespecting the sites owner. who by the way, pays for this site out of his own pocket so you have a forum to express your opinion.

We have very few rules here. all we ask is that everybody respect them and follow them. but, time after time they are ignored. well, thats why this heavy handed approach is going on now.

Thanks for your response, BP. I understand the problems you all have had to deal with behind the scenes with several (many?) posters. I just don't want us to dumb down the site because a few idiots can't argue a point in a respectful, civilized, way. The same goes for gallows humor or humor related to the dead. This has been part of literature and spoken word (jokes, etc.) since man came to understand our mortality. Again, let's not eliminate topics, and/or how we express ourselves in their discussion, which most of us can handle in a respectful way. If some posters are abusing this type of humor or commentary, take them to task not all of us by locking out the forum.

There is not one single post deleted in this thread. Stuff gets locked more often than stuff gets deleted. What we are doing now is if we have to lock or delete something and it wasn't an honest mistake the poster is just getting banned.

It is sad that it came to this but we ask everyone to respect each other. In the cases that it isn't happening like that, we have to take other action. We have said it before, think before you post.

Obama jokes, making fun of people who have cancer -- we just want no part of that. This is a football site.

Thanks for your comments, Max. You know I respect you and JetNation. I was referring to the other Michael Jackson Thread. As I have said many times, after they have been warned, get rid of the folks that can't play by the rules, or are personally attacking others. I didn't like GangGreen's cancer comment either, but the board seemed to police itself in that instance. (Joebaby should be commended and given a POTW today for his eloquent and old school a$$ kicking response.) Unless he was one of the ones that have been continually abusing the site's rules and people behind the scenes, I think a permaban was harsh. Maybe after a few more of Joe's posts, we could have turned that kid around. While we're at it, your comment on making 18 the age of membership is spot on. Again, why change how adults interact for relatively few young posters?

Thanks for your comments, Max. You know I respect you and JetNation. I was referring to the other Michael Jackson Thread. As I have said many times, after they have been warned, get rid of the folks that can't play by the rules, or are personally attacking others. I didn't like GangGreen's cancer comment either, but the board seemed to police itself in that instance. (Joebaby should be commended and given a POTW today for his eloquent and old school a$$ kicking response.) Unless he was one of the ones that have been continually abusing the site's rules and people behind the scenes, I think a permaban was harsh. Maybe after a few more of Joe's posts, we could have turned that kid around. While we're at it, your comment on making 18 the age of membership is spot on. Again, why change how adults interact for relatively few young posters?

Do you mind telling me where that post is located? I couldn't find it.

Thanks for your response, BP. I understand the problems you all have had to deal with behind the scenes with several (many?) posters. I just don't want us to dumb down the site because a few idiots can't argue a point in a respectful, civilized, way. The same goes for gallows humor or humor related to the dead. This has been part of literature and spoken word (jokes, etc.) since man came to understand our mortality. Again, let's not eliminate topics, and/or how we express ourselves in their discussion, which most of us can handle in a respectful way. If some posters are abusing this type of humor or commentary, take them to task not all of us by locking out the forum.

Every time we take someone to task it is a lot of work (and drama). So rather than give up more time we simply lock the thread.

It is the best way to get the community to police itself imo.

But Borgo, I can think of two posters, War Ensemble and PS17, that acquit themselves quite nicely here, despite being under this age threshold. In fact, I think that they show more class, restraint, and intellect than many "adult" posters, myself included. :biggrin:

They should be booted b/c others aren't at their level? Does not seem right, imo.

I am a big fan of permanent bans. The you are banned for 48 hour thing isn't a real incentive to behave. We give people a lot of rope. If someone chooses to not get along there isn't a lot we can do about it. More specifically I don't see how a 3 day ban is going to change anyones mind. There are times when we give out 30 day bans, that sort of thing.

Just comes down to this, think before you post.

But Borgo, I can think of two posters, War Ensemble and PS17, that acquit themselves quite nicely here, despite being under this age threshold. In fact, I think that they show more class, restraint, and intellect than many "adult" posters, myself included. :biggrin:

They should be booted b/c others aren't at their level? Does not seem right, imo.

I agree 100%. That is why we will grandfather them in. :-P

Every time we take someone to task it is a lot of work (and drama). So rather than give up more time we simply lock the thread.

It is the best way to get the community to police itself imo.

I respect your comment and policing strategy, even if I don't totally agree with it. You are bound by a small--yet dedicated (okay everyone but BP :))--group of moderators and budget. See, this is what I'm talking about. My entire life, a small group of idiots have ruined fun for the rest of us that can abide by the rules.

I think those guys are awesome, too. They should not be booted because they are already here. Future members should be 18. In that way, you assume all posters are adults. :rolleyes:

I think people see the guy who can take an inch and get away with it and think they can take a mile and get away with it. It takes a lot of skill to occasionally come in view of the line without crossing it. I also don't see the need to post truly hateful or derogratory stuff. Bust balls? Yeah. But don't be stupid about it. I am always sad to see someone pass and I recognize someone who had talent. However, as someone who has dealt with molestation(not me, family members) I am always glad to see a guy who did that stuff go.

I have no idea what's going on here, because I don't have the time or desire to read through this thread. However, I don't think resorting to ageism is necessary (and how could that be properly enforced?). For one thing, there's only a handful of kids here under 18. The proportion of those under 18 that get banned compared to those over 18 are very similar...it's an unnecessary action. It's not like there are young kids coming here every week getting banned. This is an isolated scenario and doesn't reflect on the rest of our populace.

Just my opinion.

I have no idea what's going on here, because I don't have the time or desire to read through this thread. However, I don't think resorting to ageism is necessary (and how could that be properly enforced?). For one thing, there's only a handful of kids here under 18. The proportion of those under 18 that get banned compared to those over 18 are very similar...it's an unnecessary action. It's not like there are young kids coming here every week getting banned. This is an isolated scenario and doesn't reflect on the rest of our populace.

Just my opinion.

I like you War but this isn't really the best website for kids to be going to. It is always going to have a sports bar-ish feel. There are plenty of things said and posted here I would not let me hypothetical 14 year old son read. I agree with the 18 and over thing. I even like the permaban rules for people are warned and reduse to take the hint

Just my opinion.

you mean I was 21 when you were born.....ugh..I just threw up in my mouth....

I

am

old

However, I don't think resorting to ageism is necessary (and how could that be properly enforced?).

Easy. Charge a membership fee to join, say, I don't know..... $55.... that requires payment either via CC or PayPal, which is built-in age verification.

Even if some underage kid swipes his Mom's credit card, Max still gets 6-7 trips to IHOP out of the deal, so there's really no downside.

Just my opinion.

Keep this crap up and you are going to get banned! Now go to your room and do your homework. :)

i say #### them. Welcome to the real world.

:)

(i still love you war!)

I am a big fan of permanent bans. The you are banned for 48 hour thing isn't a real incentive to behave. We give people a lot of rope. If someone chooses to not get along there isn't a lot we can do about it. More specifically I don't see how a 3 day ban is going to change anyones mind. There are times when we give out 30 day bans, that sort of thing.

Just comes down to this, think before you post.

I for one remember when JN started, and was mocked by JI and other sites that it would never last. Whether he admits it or even knows it or not, Max has the skills to create and maintain a kick ass Jets forum that has always had a lax feel that hasn't changed at all since day one. It slowly but surely kicked the asses of JI and any other doubters and has successfully done what JI could not as it grew-keep a fun, loose, homestyle family feel. Whatever Max feel it took to get us to this point, and whatever he feels needs to be done to keep us there as the site expands even further, I am 100% behind.

I like you War but this isn't really the best website for kids to be going to. It is always going to have a sports bar-ish feel. There are plenty of things said and posted here I would not let me hypothetical 14 year old son read. I agree with the 18 and over thing. I even like the permaban rules for people are warned and reduse to take the hint

Very well said, Arsis. That's how I feel, too.

Just my opinion.

hit the road bub. come back when you're old enough.

:box:

I think those guys are awesome, too. They should not be booted because they are already here. Future members should be 18. In that way, you assume all posters are adults. :rolleyes:

No I disagree.

Most guys from 15 up should be able to post in a mature manner. I think War Ensemble, PS17 and to a much lesser extent myself (Back in the day) have proven that.

I could give examples (Don't worry Max, I wont) of intstances where posters (who are 21+) basically pollute the board with BS. Age is not the factor in the majority of the idiotic posts IMO.

On the other hand, I wouldn't be against an IQ test.:winking0001:

Again I disagree.

Anything that War has seen on this place he's probably seen or heard ten times worse in school.

Archived