Michael Jackson Dead [Merged 2X]

DHJF

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Easy. Charge a membership fee to join, say, I don't know..... $55.... that requires payment either via CC or PayPal, which is built-in age verification.

Even if some underage kid swipes his Mom's credit card, Max still gets 6-7 trips to IHOP out of the deal, so there's really no downside.

You honestly think it would take Max 6 or 7 trips to hit $55 at IHOP???

Wait, can we still make fat jokes at Max's expense? :P

http://pacificcoastnewsonline.celebuzz.com/2009/06/michael-jackson-walk-of-fame-s.html

Fans gather around the wrong Michael Jackson's star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

Jackson's real star near the front of Grauman's Chinese Theatre on Hollywood Boulevard was covered by scaffolding in preparation for the "Bruno" movie premiere so fans mistakenly gathered at the other Michael Jackson star to light candles and place purple flowers. The Michael Jackson who this star belongs to is an American talk radio host who is still alive.

http://pacificcoastnewsonline.celebuzz.com/2009/06/michael-jackson-walk-of-fame-s.html

Fans gather around the wrong Michael Jackson's star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

Jackson's real star near the front of Grauman's Chinese Theatre on Hollywood Boulevard was covered by scaffolding in preparation for the "Bruno" movie premiere so fans mistakenly gathered at the other Michael Jackson star to light candles and place purple flowers. The Michael Jackson who this star belongs to is an American talk radio host who is still alive.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=62e_1245978022

That's actually pretty funny. On the news lasty night I saw a bunch of hippie types squatting on the star and the reporter said it was located at Sunset and Vine. I said to the wife "WTF???, I'm sure it's on Hollywood Blvd". Even the friggin news people were in the wrong place.

Again I disagree.

Anything that War has seen on this place he's probably seen or heard ten times worse in school.

Agreed. To quote Dostoevsky: "Boys pure in mind and heart, almost children, are fond of talking in school among themselves, and even aloud, of things, pictures, and images of which even soldiers would sometimes hesitate to speak."

I've been here since I was 12 and everything here I've heard before. And no one knew my age at the time so it's not like they were concealing anything.

Agreed. To quote Dostoevsky: "Boys pure in mind and heart, almost children, are fond of talking in school among themselves, and even aloud, of things, pictures, and images of which even soldiers would sometimes hesitate to speak."

I changed my mind. Ban him.

I've been here since I was 12 and everything here I've heard before. And no one knew my age at the time so it's not like they were concealing anything.

I think you should be perma-banned, myself.

Micheal Jackson was a child molester. I'm thankful for his amazing music over the years, however I'm also thankful that I don't have to share oxygen with this piece of trash. Pedophilia=One of the lowest forms of scum on planet earth! Good riddance.

The legal drinking age over here is 18.

I'll leave it to you to work out the rest.

:cheer:

That excuse is bollocks. You're Irish. You've been in pubs since you were 13-14. Long before you signed up here. :mrgreen:

:rl: I posted that to piss off Arsis, because he wubs Dostoevsky.

Automatic ban for use of "wub".

Don't make me start a Children's Crusade. I promise not to sell my followers into slavery.

Oh, you're going to set up a Nike factory instead so they'll work for you? Nice one! cancel the Wub ban.

I was expressing my admiration for the greatest author who ever graced God's green earth.

Clive Cussler?

I like you War but this isn't really the best website for kids to be going to. It is always going to have a sports bar-ish feel. There are plenty of things said and posted here I would not let me hypothetical 14 year old son read. I agree with the 18 and over thing. I even like the permaban rules for people are warned and reduse to take the hint

If their parents don't want them here, then that's their responsibility, not Max's.

If their parents don't want them here, then that's their responsibility, not Max's.

Max don't want 'em. They don't post here. I wasn't saying I'm not for parental responsibility, I am. I just see the merits of 18 +. Especially if the good kids get grandfathered in.

He died of an overdose, no suprise there.

So many of these famous idiots think they can take anything just because they pay off a doctor to give it to them.... it is no different than going to the dealer on the corner.

Just catching up on this thread, thank you to those who have given me a shout-out. I would be sad to see an age limit enforced. JN has been my interwebz home for the past 8/9 months now [?] I feel I conduct myself in a good manner most of the time, I might make a stupid post here or there, but feel I'm fine for the most part. I think that if you show you can contribute to the board even being under 18, in a mature and respectful way, you should be allowed to stay.

Just catching up on this thread, thank you to those who have given me a shout-out. I would be sad to see an age limit enforced. JN has been my interwebz home for the past 8/9 months now [?] I feel I conduct myself in a good manner most of the time, I might make a stupid post here or there, but feel I'm fine for the most part. I think that if you show you can contribute to the board even being under 18, in a mature and respectful way, you should be allowed to stay.

You ain't going anywhere, kid. If need be, I can toss you whatever years are necessary to clear the cutoff. ;)

Would be almost impossible to enforce an age requirement. Yeah you could kick the obvious ones who are honest about their age. But I really doubt the entry page that says "you must be 18 or over to view this website, if you are under 18 click here to leave, if you are over 18 click enter" have ever stopped all but the most stupid or extremely honest kids. Most are just gonna lie and say they are old enough.

Archived