Smoltzie......

JonEJet

The Big Gorilla had another o-fer today

Must have given him a steady dose of fastballs

It is not that you are wrong, but impressively wrong. ESPN had a graphic. His resurgence is tied to him hitting fastballs better. Pretty much the same rate he is hitting in June (around .320). :rolleyes:

It is not that you are wrong, but impressively wrong. ESPN had a graphic. His resurgence is tied to him hitting fastballs better. Pretty much the same rate he is hitting in June (around .320). :rolleyes:

The eyedrops must be working out great for him.

4 games back really isn't irrelevancy. No offense I don't need to prove my loyalty to a rival fan.

Let's just say I got sick of getting lumped into a certain group.

you dont like being called a homer either? ;)

I understand... Its rare when we come across someone like you. sadly the message gets drowned out by the others.

What I really enjoyed was 'ol Smoltzie's post game

He was really proud of his start......felt great

As a Yankee fan, I'm glad you felt great LOSING you f-ing imbecile

Is this the type of person you are talking about Vic89? :rolleyes:

The guy had major surgery on his shoulder. At his age you would expect a Chin Ming Wang performance.

Of course he was happy seeing he was locating his pitches a lot better at the end finishing with 3 straight Ks.

Oh JonE. When are you going to realize that talking garbage when you're 5 games back is pathetic and sad?

I think I'll give him more than one start to judge.

4 games back but I agree it's too early to talk trash on Smoltz.

Is this the type of person you are talking about Vic89? :rolleyes:

The guy had major surgery on his shoulder. At his age you would expect a Chin Ming Wang performance.

Of course he was happy seeing he was locating his pitches a lot better at the end finishing with 3 straight Ks.

Essentially.

You guys pick up an all-time great pitcher with something to prove. If he gives you one good season that's all you need, that was the intelligent part of this move. He wasn't signed to be a #2 or 3, he was signed to hold up that back end of the rotation. And if he does well then you could still trade away Penny and bring up Bucholz (sp?), the Sox got options. I wasn't on this board then but I was one of the few people who thought the Bay/Manny trade was an excellent move for the BoSox.

We tortured you for many years, so until you beat us why should I have taken you guys seriously then? But now you are the top dogs, and the only way to be objective is to know your enemies. I hate the Red Sox, but think they're a well run franchise that we're playing catch up to.

Essentially.

You guys pick up an all-time great pitcher with something to prove. If he gives you one good season that's all you need, that was the intelligent part of this move. He wasn't signed to be a #2 or 3, he was signed to hold up that back end of the rotation. And if he does well then you could still trade away Penny and bring up Bucholz (sp?), the Sox got options. I wasn't on this board then but I was one of the few people who thought the Bay/Manny trade was an excellent move for the BoSox.

We tortured you for many years, so until you beat us why should I have taken you guys seriously then? But now you are the top dogs, and the only way to be objective is to know your enemies. I hate the Red Sox, but think they're a well run franchise that we're playing catch up to.

Are you REALLY a Yankee fan ? :biggrin:

I find your posts most refreshing.

LOL, I dont' even want to get involved in that David Wright thread

WHERE DID HIZ POWAR GO????

Um, it went to his BA, because he plays in a gigantic field and decided "Yea maybe I shouldn't try and crush the ball and just put it in play."

Ahem, take note A-Rod.

LOL, I dont' even want to get involved in that David Wright thread

WHERE DID HIZ POWAR GO????

Um, it went to his BA, because he plays in a gigantic field and decided "Yea maybe I shouldn't try and crush the ball and just put it in play."

Ahem, take note A-Rod.

the best part about that thread is the claim that he can't hit at citifield and that the new yankees stadium isn't really a joke as far as how much of a bandbox it's been so far.

the best part about that thread is the claim that he can't hit at citifield and that the new yankees stadium isn't really a joke as far as how much of a bandbox it's been so far.

I disagree in calling a ball park a "joke". Ballparks are built to play a certain way, but the truth is you still have to defend and win in your house. For example when we played you guys, hey there's right field, blast away. Citi is built to play big in the sense of flyballs, but small in the idea of "small ball". You build your clubs based on that.

And isn't Wright hitting in the 320's at home?? I'd take that any day, PLEASE.

I disagree in calling a ball park a "joke". Ballparks are built to play a certain way, but the truth is you still have to defend and win in your house. For example when we played you guys, hey there's right field, blast away. Citi is built to play big in the sense of flyballs, but small in the idea of "small ball". You build your clubs based on that.

And isn't Wright hitting in the 320's at home?? I'd take that any day, PLEASE.

i guess i'm just not a fan of cheap homeruns, i hate citizens bank as well. i can see buiding a ballpark that's hitter friendly......but imo, homeruns should take a little more effort. 2.5/game i say ok......but when you're ay up over 3/game i think that's a littel much, but i hear ya. ya gotta play the hand you got.

i guess i'm just not a fan of cheap homeruns, i hate citizens bank as well. i can see buiding a ballpark that's hitter friendly......but imo, homeruns should take a little more effort. 2.5/game i say ok......but when you're ay up over 3/game i think that's a littel much, but i hear ya. ya gotta play the hand you got.

Agreed. I mean I see your point... and it's gonna impact the way we build ball clubs. We're not gonna seduce pitchers to play for us if they give up 3 hr's a game. But switch-hitting or lefty power bats are gonna be jumping to come play to pad those stats. While it'll probably be the inverse for you, but speed guys who make contact will salivate to play at Citi. To me that's one of the great things of baseball, building parks to YOUR teams advantage if you build your team correctly. I haven't been to either stadiums but they both look nice.

Agreed. I mean I see your point... and it's gonna impact the way we build ball clubs. We're not gonna seduce pitchers to play for us if they give up 3 hr's a game. But switch-hitting or lefty power bats are gonna be jumping to come play to pad those stats. While it'll probably be the inverse for you, but speed guys who make contact will salivate to play at Citi. To me that's one of the great things of baseball, building parks to YOUR teams advantage if you build your team correctly. I haven't been to either stadiums but they both look nice.

i think pitchers will be happy to come to citifield as well. left-field isn't too bad......not sure how many lefty power guys are gonna be jumping to come to citi-field though, pitchign has always been my favorite part though, so that's cool.

i think pitchers will be happy to come to citifield as well. left-field isn't too bad......not sure how many lefty power guys are gonna be jumping to come to citi-field though, pitchign has always been my favorite part though, so that's cool.

With the $$ the mets have... they should have no problem signing big FA pitchers with the field they've built.

Essentially.

I am not a Sawx fan, but this is an excellent objective post. You'd be nuts to think that the current Yankees are a better ran franchise than Boston right now. They pretty much are the model franchise in all of baseball. The Smoltz deal was a low risk-high reward type of deal, you can't seriously be knocking it after Smoltz have given you one start. It's assinine.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived