Al Green vs. Marvin Gaye

JustInFudge

Al Green vs. Marvin Gaye  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Al Green vs. Marvin Gaye

• Al Green
    • Marvin Gaye

Al Green's MUSIC was better? Marvin had the greatest back-up band in the history of pop,R&B and soul music that God Himself ever created The Funk Brothers-NO other unit had more number 1's. They had more than The Beatles AND Elvis combined

BS. Otis Redding had the greatest band behind him - Booker T and the MGs.

You had me at Otis Redding.

K-FQL-tJ3ic

EvMxaDZfA9Y

there is simply no one better than Otis...I will not argue that one....I mean the guy could do no wrong and even got hippies to dance when he stuck out like a sore thumb!

XybbF5AKjAc

for my money, with all due respect to Sam Cooke, his version of "Change is Gonna Come" is the best version I have ever heard. I even like his "My Girl" better!

dTMuwUe4YhE

and my personal favorite, "I've Got Dreams to Remember" which may be my favorite song ever!

Which I can't find a youtube clip for!!!!

I could post 30 songs on here that I find better than anything anyone else has ever done!

I mean how can anyone compare anything to "That's How Strong My Love Is"

Otis makes you want what he wants when he sings a song...I don't know anyone else who can do that...

Al Green's MUSIC was better? Marvin had the greatest back-up band in the history of pop,R&B and soul music that God Himself ever created The Funk Brothers-NO other unit had more number 1's. They had more than The Beatles AND Elvis combined

what a great movie

1I5uvqjOVOo

there is simply no one better than Otis...I will not argue that one....I mean the guy could do no wrong and even got hippies to dance when he stuck out like a sore thumb!

XybbF5AKjAc

for my money, with all due respect to Sam Cooke, his version of "Change is Gonna Come" is the best version I have ever heard. I even like his "My Girl" better!

dTMuwUe4YhE

and my personal favorite, "I've Got Dreams to Remember" which may be my favorite song ever!

Which I can't find a youtube clip for!!!!

I could post 30 songs on here that I find better than anything anyone else has ever done!

I mean how can anyone compare anything to "That's How Strong My Love Is"

Otis makes you want what he wants when he sings a song...I don't know anyone else who can do that...

The man wrote the song "Respect!" His version of "Satisfaction" makes the Stones sound like they are covering him.

His cover of Sam Cooke's "Shake" at Moneterrey is one of those songs that when you hear it, you have to play it over and over because it's just so absolutely amazing you can't believe anything can sound that good.

Holy Sh*t, really? Really?! An age old question I've always entertained. "I can make a ship sail on dry land, I, I, I, woooooo, woooooooo, can't next to you baby! Can't get next you! Been thinking about it a long time. Wooooooooooo!" Funky dances in jeweled outfits, c'mon. This thread rules. I feel like Hamlet. I can't decide! Weeeeeeee, wooooooo, weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

The man wrote the song "Respect!" His version of "Satisfaction" makes the Stones sound like they are covering him.

His cover of Sam Cooke's "Shake" at Moneterrey is one of those songs that when you hear it, you have to play it over and over because it's just so absolutely amazing you can't believe anything can sound that good.

I think Sam's problem was his live stuff was better than his recorded product, I think they tried to stifle him a bit and some of the background singing seems to take away from his performance, which tells you something since he is still just lights out!

Otis kept that raspy vocal for when he needed it "She's Alright" and was still able to throw out a tender and smooth for his version of "Cupid"...

then you have some real gems like "Cigarettes and Coffee" or "I've Been Loving Too Long To Stop Now"

Man..no one touches him.....

Listening to some Marvin and Tammi Terrell...if you listen to Tammi's sweet voice you could clearly see how SHE would have been the perfect lead singer for The Supremes. If Dianna Ross wasn't effin' Berry Gordy she might have been.

Anybody who questions who was THE greatest band should only have to listen to this,,,

CdvITn5cAVc&feature=related

Case Closed

U-7QSMyz5rg

edit, I can't figure out how to post youtubes, green onions is in here somewhere

You almost had it right. Everything after the = sign gets copied and pasted inside the YOUTUBE brackets.

Always check to be sure thats theres a forward / in the last bracket box.

Archived