The Yankees first trip to Citi Field...

New York Yankees @ New York Mets

Citi Field

(June 26,27,28)

100px-NewYorkYankees_PrimaryLogo.svg.png100px-New_York_Mets.svg.png

Friday

7:10 My9 & SNY

4553.jpg vs. 28507.jpg

LHP CC Sabathia (6-4, 3.71) RHP Mike Pelfrey (5-2, 4.74)

Saturday

7:10 YES, SNY & MLB Network

4153.jpg vs. 4794.jpg

RHP A.J. Burnett (5-4, 4.24) vs. RHP Tim Redding (1-2, 6.08)

Sunday

8:05 ESPN

6209.jpg vs. 3573.jpg

RHP Chien-Ming Wang (0-6, 11.20) vs. RHP Livan Hernandez (5-2, 4.05)

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yanks should take the series........the pitching match-ups are just terrible for the mets, imo. livan vs. wang is probably our best chance for a win.

True, but who knows Redding might shut us down. This team scores by swinging for the fences and your field prevents that.

We got lucky missing Santana in this series. You know he wants to shut the Yankees down after that last start.

....and you miss Nieve. It's funny but he has been gold for us so far.

I like the Yanks pitching match-up advantages this weekend. We need a Burnett or Wang meltdown. Girardi saying on the FAN that the flu is going through the Yanks clubhouse and Nady may be done for the year.

Tonight's Yankee lineup. I'll update when the Mets post their's.

Cervelli is catching!

YANKEES (40-32)

Lineup:

Jeter, SS

Damon, LF

Teixeira, 1B

Rodriguez, 3B

Cano, 2B

Cabrera, RF

Gardner, CF

Cervelli, C

Sabathia, LHP

Pitching: LHP CC Sabathia (6-4, 3.71).

METS (37-34)

Castillo, 2b

Cora, ss

Wright, 3b

Sheffield, rf

Tatis, lf

Church, cf

Evans, 1b

Santos, c

Pelfrey, rhp

Pitching: RHP Mike Pelfrey (5-2, 4.74).

....and you miss Nieve. It's funny but he has been gold for us so far.

I like the Yanks pitching match-up advantages this weekend. We need a Burnett or Wang meltdown. Girardi saying on the FAN that the flu is going through the Yanks clubhouse and Nady may be done for the year.

If Nady is done, the Yankees need to go get an outfielder. They might have the worst defensive outfield in baseball.

I agree that the Yanks have a pitching advantage this weekend. I'll be upset if they don't get 2 of 3. However, you don't know how CC is, healthwise, and Wang and Burnett could blow up at any point.

New Yankee lineup. Jeter is out with the flu. Nady is done for the season and next year is in jeopardy as well.

YANKEES (40-32)

Gardner CF

Damon LF

Teixeira 1B

Rodriguez 3B

Cano 2B

Cabrera RF

Cervelli C

Pena SS

Sabathia LHP

Yep. Nady is done. Has to have TJ surgery again. He's a free agent at the end of the year. He may not have a job in 2010.

On a completely different subject, I'll be watching a game on SNY for the first time. I don't get My9 up here on DTV, but I get SNY. At least I can see the game. I'm usually just screwed when the Yanks are on My9.

Yep. Nady is done. Has to have TJ surgery again. He's a free agent at the end of the year. He may not have a job in 2010.

On a completely different subject, I'll be watching a game on SNY for the first time. I don't get My9 up here on DTV, but I get SNY. At least I can see the game. I'm usually just screwed when the Yanks are on My9.

I'm watching on SNY too. I have My9, but I like the Mets announcers much more than the Yankee ones. Darling and Hernandez give some great insights.

is it the pressure of subway series or is this how they play all the time?

Bad innings happen. The Yankees really could have blown the game open there but didn't. Hopefully it doesn't come back to haunt them.

The Yankees need guys like Gardner..he is quick, has some youthful energy, can catch the ball....he just needs to hit. Doesn't need to have power..but if he can maintain some display of OBP and AVG he can score 100+ runs a year as a leadoff guy.

I also would like to see Jorge DH and Cervelli catch to see what this guy can do...

at worst the Yanks may have found a steady back up catcher...I just like his approach and I just think having these young guys really gives the team a shot in the arm

The Yankees first trip to Citi Field...

New York Yankees @ New York Mets

Citi Field

(June 26,27,28)

100px-NewYorkYankees_PrimaryLogo.svg.png100px-New_York_Mets.svg.png

Friday

7:10 My9 & SNY

4553.jpg vs. 28507.jpg

LHP CC Sabathia (6-4, 3.71) RHP Mike Pelfrey (5-2, 4.74)

Saturday

7:10 YES, SNY & MLB Network

4153.jpg vs. 4794.jpg

RHP A.J. Burnett (5-4, 4.24) vs. RHP Tim Redding (1-2, 6.08)

Sunday

8:05 ESPN

6209.jpg vs. 3573.jpg

RHP Chien-Ming Wang (0-6, 11.20) vs. RHP Livan Hernandez (5-2, 4.05)

Otter... 4-1 as thread starter.... if you keep this up you'll get my vote for the Jets game thread starter.

Archived