Weird Posting Issue

JustInFudge

Sorry mods, didnt know where to post this. But I am having issues posting and dont know if its a user error or if others are experiencing the same thing.

When I open a thread and try to respond, I cant just point and click to get my cursor arrow to the end of the quote and type. I get this hand that flashes and then nothing happens. The only way I can post is to type in the title and tab into the body. Then I have to use the arrows on my keyboard to navigate to where I want to post. Or I can hit preview post and when it tells my response is too short, then it automatically put my cursor in the response section, but I still have to use the arrows on my keyboard to navigate to where I want to begin my response.

Anyone ever had this problem? Is it something I have done?

Any help would be great. Thanks.

Sorry mods, didnt know where to post this. But I am having issues posting and dont know if its a user error or if others are experiencing the same thing.

When I open a thread and try to respond, I cant just point and click to get my cursor arrow to the end of the quote and type. I get this hand that flashes and then nothing happens. The only way I can post is to type in the title and tab into the body. Then I have to use the arrows on my keyboard to navigate to where I want to post. Or I can hit preview post and when it tells my response is too short, then it automatically put my cursor in the response section, but I still have to use the arrows on my keyboard to navigate to where I want to begin my response.

what browser are you using?? I seem to believe that in another thread posters using Internet Explorer were having troubles posting also.

you might also have to clear your cache for your web browser. delete all the history.

what browser are you using?? I seem to believe that in another thread posters using Internet Explorer were having troubles posting also.

Maybe if you're using Firedox, switch to IE or vise versa. That's what I do when I have problems with the internet. That's all I got.

I guess I have to try the ideas above, because the one below didnt work.

So do you just download Firefox and then it appears on your desktop?

you might also have to clear your cache for your web browser. delete all the history.

I guess I have to try the ideas above, because the one below didnt work.

So do you just download Firefox and then it appears on your desktop?

Yessir. Firefox is the best, I've been using it for over three years now. No real problems ever.

I'm having the same problems, using Internet Explorer and I refuse to switch to FireFox, I had it once and it was garbage.

I was in that boat as well, but this is super annoying and I dont use the internet for much else, so I am downloading right now. Its too much work just to post.

This set up is weird for sure...but I was going crazy having to post the way I was before downloading Firefox...much easier on my brain.

This set up blows, but I understand what you're saying. Maybe if we re-downloaded IE?

How anyone uses this crap (FireFox) is beyond me.

This set up blows, but I understand what you're saying. Maybe if we re-downloaded IE?

How anyone uses this crap (FireFox) is beyond me.

Hmmm. Didnt think about that...I really dont like this set up.

Worth a try...

I have the same posting issue too, and I use IE. What you could do is put the cursor in the "title" box above where you post and then hit the indent button above caps locks to bring the cursor into the text box.

Yeah, that's essentially what I was doing..using tab. Annoying.

I am using the Mozilla thingy, I didn't like the Google Chrome either. Mozilla is working fine.

I am so glad to see this thread. I was going crazy with the same problem. For those having the problem, you will notice that the font selection needs to be made. By clicking on the title and then tabbing down, this selects a font and you can then type in the message area.

Sorry about this guys, I will take a look at it today and will post an update later tonight. We upgraded the board the other day so I will check to see if other vbulletin boards are having this problem.

Thanks.

Archived