I killed a cat...

Pragmatic Bus

...or what I think was a cat.

It was not my fault though. It was 11:30 pm, foggy conditions and the damn cat was jay walking on the freeway ramp. I must have been going 50 mph in a 45 mph zone, I saw something in the corner, walking like a cat, walked right into my driver's side front wheel. I felt the crushing hit as my car went right over it like a hummer over a crate of eggs. After I calmed myself down, I felt really sick inside for about ten minutes.

What a week!

Thread reminds me of my driving lesson. When I was a n00bie to the road, I was taken down a country lane for the test, and ending up mowing down a pheasant. The instructor just turned to me and said "You did the right thing, if you'd have attempted to swerve around it I'd have had to fail you."

Hitting an animal with a car is frightening experience no matter what size. I have killed a squirrel before but I literally felt terrible for the entire 2 hour ride I had...I killed with in the like the first 2 minutes of driving.

I also killed a bird once...it was so sad. He ran right into my windshield and fell down on the hood of my car where the wippers are and he sat the fidgeting to death. It was horrible having to watch this take place. And the wipper weren't strong enough to fling him off. I had to stop the car and take him off the hood myself. It was really sad.

I also killed a bird once...it was so sad. He ran right into my windshield and fell down on the hood of my car where the wippers are and he sat the fidgeting to death. It was horrible having to watch this take place. And the wipper weren't strong enough to fling him off. I had to stop the car and take him off the hood myself. It was really sad.

I had a similar situation about a year ago... except my birds head came off and the body just layed there in the exact same spot you speak of.

Also when I was like 8 or 9, driving with my dad late at night, he ran over a small dog. Very sad.

I had a similar situation about a year ago... except my birds head came off and the body just layed there in the exact same spot you speak of.

Also when I was like 8 or 9, driving with my dad late at night, he ran over a small dog. Very sad.

"It gets worse. My parakeet, Petey."

"Yeah?"

"He's dead."

"Oh, man, I'm sorry. What happened?"

"His head fell off."

His head fell off?

"Yeah. He was pretty old."

I hit & killed a young Weimeranar dog years ago. I was on a dark winding road and the dog escaped his house (which was on the same street) and he bolted out from behind a minivan that was parked on the shoulder.

I pulled over and called the police. Unfortunately, he suffered on the side of the road for some time before dying.. what's worse, his family ran over from across the street screaming and hysterically crying. It wa awful. I know it wasn't my fault but it was one of the most traumatic things I've ever experienced.. :(

Are you mocking me? If so you are an abomination on the face of this earth, hypothetically speaking of course.

Not at all. It would shake me up if I hit a dog or cat. It was more the people talking about hitting birds and stuff like that.

i hit a squirrel not to long ago.. it was like one of those okward times when you and another person are in each others way and everytime you move you both go in the same direction and you end up doing a little dance before walking passed the person... well thats how the squirrel got killed.. he couldnt make up his mind which way he wanted to ran and everytime i went one way he did to so he met his fate under my passenger side front tire.... it sucked to cuz when i got back from the store 10mins later he was still there flat as a pancake with eyes out of his sockets and he was twiching.. i felt terrible for about 10mins... RIP Little Squirrely

Archived