Any tips for driving the Pacific Coast H-way?

AFJF

Butt buddies? I think "scissors sisters" would be more anatomically viable, no?

LOL. The creators of South Park just push the envelope (no pun intended ;)) so hard. What a disturbing, yet unbelievably hilarious image. Thanks, Vic.

Look up the clip, it's seriously out of control. I remember watching this with my wife as she was appalled yet laughing hysterically.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think scissoring is just a creative myth, how can one get pleasure by scissoring? seriously! :-P

Although I appreciate--and understand--your incredulity, the mechanics for a pleasurable experience are there for a patient female couple. We could get into specifics (Venn diagrams, ancient Sapphic scrolls, etc.), but I do not wish to bore the members (again, no intended jocularity) with such a stale topic.

Although I appreciate--and understand--your incredulity, the mechanics for a pleasurable experience are there for a patient female couple. We could get into specifics (Venn diagrams, ancient Sapphic scrolls, etc.), but I do not wish to bore the members (again, no intended jocularity) with such a stale topic.

LOL. Yes, we have had too much fun already.

Look up the clip, it's seriously out of control. I remember watching this with my wife as she was appalled yet laughing hysterically.

I have seen it, too. I watched an episode two weeks ago about Cartman and another boy coming up with the world's funniest joke. It involved the word fishsticks (which came out as "fish dix") and Kanye West being called a gay fish. I haven't laughed that hard in years. It was pure genius.

Did it about 6 months back. I highly recommend the Pigeon Point Lighthouse Hostel for a night, it's about 50 miles south of San Fran with an incredible view of the ocean as the place sits right on the cliffs. And if you stop off in San Fran, there's a great hostel right on the water, about half a mile down from Fischerman's Wharf with great view of the bridge and Alcatraz.

Make sure you hike in Big Sur for at least a day, the scenery is amazing. I did the Andrew Molera Trail, it's about 8 miles and takes you all along the cliffs and redwoods, it was a great day.

The PCH is a blast, just be careful driving as you're going to want to constantly look at the view while you're in the car.

Agree guys.

LA is the worst. Santa Monica is the only part I like.

Skip LA and include Vancouver and the Oregon Coast

+1 The northwest coast is awesome. Travelly SB from Vancouver and ending in San Luis Obisbo. Anything south of Solvang pretty much sucks. Oregon coast the prettiest in the world.

Used to live in Portland Oregon for a few years and did the coastline trip all the way to san diego a few times. To be honest, the most breathtaking views are in Oregon (several turnoffs where you can whale-watch from shore), with Northern California a close second. Plan to spend some time though, the PCH isn't really a highway at all, but a meandering, winding hilly road in most places. Also, drive carefully, I've seen at least three bad wrecks on it. People tend to drive too fast for the curves, especially in northern CA.

I love the fact that this thread goes from the beauty of the west to scissoring the back to the beauty of the west.

Oh and in San Francisco sourdough bread is a must! And if you call it San Fran youll be spotted dead on as a tourist. Nobody from there calls it San Fran.

If you get to the San Francisco Bay Area, take a side trip into Marin County. Then, get on Sir Francis Drake Blvd. and follow it to Point Reyes National Seashore. You will pass quaint small towns, head up into the mountains filled with redwoods, eat oysters right out of Tomales Bay if you like them, and finally get to some of the most beautiful shoreline and beaches known to man. The cliffs at Point Reyes look like Dover. It will be even more breathtaking if you do it during wild flower season. I lived in Tiburon (Marin, but nearer to San Francisco), and would take this drive frequently when I wanted to experience the unique diversity of this landscape.

If you do the part outside of L.A., make sure you have a surfer's breakfast at the Malibu Inn, drive up to Pepperdine Univ. to sample the stunning ocean views (Why didn't I go there for my college education?), and stop in at Zuma Beach. Have an awesome time.

Used to live in Portland Oregon for a few years and did the coastline trip all the way to san diego a few times. To be honest, the most breathtaking views are in Oregon (several turnoffs where you can whale-watch from shore), with Northern California a close second. Plan to spend some time though, the PCH isn't really a highway at all, but a meandering, winding hilly road in most places. Also, drive carefully, I've seen at least three bad wrecks on it. People tend to drive too fast for the curves, especially in northern CA.

Be honest. Did you like it here.

If you do the part outside of L.A., make sure you have a surfer's breakfast at the Malibu Inn, drive up to Pepperdine Univ. to sample the stunning ocean views (Why didn't I go there for my college education?), and stop in at Zuma Beach. Have an awesome time.

I spent my Honeymoon at the Malibu Beach Inn and Zuma beach is awesome!

I spent my Honeymoon at the Malibu Beach Inn and Zuma beach is awesome!

What a great honeymoon choice. Back in the 80s-90s, my wife would spend lots of time in L.A. for work. She'd always wind up staying in amazing hotels like the Bel Age, Four Seasons, Westwood Marquis, to name a few. After a day of getting settled, and releasing "stress" from not seeing each other for a week (I was back home in Queens, NY), I would hop in a car early (alone unfortunately) and take the ride along Sunset Blvd. until I got to PCH. Then I'd head to the Malibu Inn for the amazing oatmeal (it sounds dumb, but it was phenomenal) with fresh fruit and one of those massive omelettes with a mountain of home fries, and mugs of coffee. Afterwards, it was back on the PCH to Zuma, or off into Topanga Canyon for hiking/exploring. I really miss those days. Did you two have dinner at the Inn of the Seventh Ray? What a spot.

If you get to the San Francisco Bay Area, take a side trip into Marin County. Then, get on Sir Francis Drake Blvd. and follow it to Point Reyes National Seashore. You will pass quaint small towns, head up into the mountains filled with redwoods, eat oysters right out of Tomales Bay if you like them, and finally get to some of the most beautiful shoreline and beaches known to man. The cliffs at Point Reyes look like Dover. It will be even more breathtaking if you do it during wild flower season. I lived in Tiburon (Marin, but nearer to San Francisco), and would take this drive frequently when I wanted to experience the unique diversity of this landscape.

you lived in Tiburon, Man oh Man that some serious coin. I lived in Petaluma, formerly known as the chicken capital of the world.

What a great honeymoon choice. Back in the 80s-90s, my wife would spend lots of time in L.A. for work. She'd always wind up staying in amazing hotels like the Bel Age, Four Seasons, Westwood Marquis, to name a few. After a day of getting settled, and releasing "stress" from not seeing each other for a week (I was back home in Queens, NY), I would hop in a car early (alone unfortunately) and take the ride along Sunset Blvd. until I got to PCH. Then I'd head to the Malibu Inn for the amazing oatmeal (it sounds dumb, but it was phenomenal) with fresh fruit and one of those massive omelettes with a mountain of home fries, and mugs of coffee. Afterwards, it was back on the PCH to Zuma, or off into Topanga Canyon for hiking/exploring. I really miss those days. Did you two have dinner at the Inn of the Seventh Ray? What a spot.

Never heard of it. Our favorite restaurants were Geoffreys, Marmalade and Granita.

There were handfuls of others that I can't recall the names of. Basically, I love everything about Malibu and we have the great fortune of having a good friend who lives there so we always go to the best places when we stay. Unfortunately, it's been years and who knows when we'll be able to visit in the future. I miss it.

you lived in Tiburon, Man oh Man that some serious coin. I lived in Petaluma, formerly known as the chicken capital of the world.

Rented, my friend. Rented. A garage in that town is like $750K. I lived in the bottom part of a two family home with my landlords above. The property was surrounded by palm trees, wild flowers, herbs, a lemon tree, etc., and faced Angel Island and San Francisco. Looking off my patio, you would swear you were dreaming it was so beautiful. I lived about a mile up from here, and I had a lower-angle view from that of the home in the second image. Why did I leave? Moron.

tiburonca064.jpg

isz3izucfczyqr.jpg

Never heard of it. Our favorite restaurants were Geoffreys, Marmalade and Granita.

There were handfuls of others that I can't recall the names of. Basically, I love everything about Malibu and we have the great fortune of having a good friend who lives there so we always go to the best places when we stay. Unfortunately, it's been years and who knows when we'll be able to visit in the future. I miss it.

I actually had a "meeting" at Geoffrey's when I was pitching TV story ideas. We sat next to Burt Reynolds. LOL. Great view and mimosas. Check out Seventh Ray.

http://www.innoftheseventhray.com/

I actually had a "meeting" at Geoffrey's when I was pitching TV story ideas. We sat next to Burt Reynolds. LOL. Great view and mimosas.

Oh that view still gives me chills.. glass wall and tiki torches. I can almost smell the Rosemary bread. Sigh.

I actually had a "meeting" at Geoffrey's when I was pitching TV story ideas. We sat next to Burt Reynolds. LOL. Great view and mimosas.

what makes a "good mimosa"? or was it the view and sitting next to the bandit?

what makes a "good mimosa"? or was it the view and sitting next to the bandit?

Fresh squeezed orange juice and someone else was paying. But the view was/is extraordinary, especially as we were sitting right along the glass wall Verde mentioned. On that same trip, I was having dinner with my wife at some famous Chinese restaurant on Sunset. A table over, we see this couple really making out heavily, open mouth kissing, light petting, the whole nine yards. When the lady comes up for air, it was Lindsay Wagner. LOL.

Fresh squeezed orange juice and someone else was paying. But the view was/is extraordinary, especially as we were sitting right along the glass wall Verde mentioned. On that same trip, I was having dinner with my wife at some famous Chinese restaurant on Sunset. A table over, we see this couple really making out heavily, open mouth kissing, light petting, the whole nine yards. When the lady comes up for air, it was Lindsay Wagner. LOL.

the bionic woman? first trhe dude from cannonball run, then Lindsay, you have recieved total conscienceness.

the bionic woman? first trhe dude from cannonball run, then Lindsay, you have recieved total conscienceness.

Like I said, I spent lots of time in L.A., and have seen tons of celebrities. I may have mentioned this once before, but here goes. I'm crossing the street one morning when a Trans Am with a couple inside of it comes flying right at me with no intention of stopping at the stop sign. I jump out of the way and am about to give the guy the finger when I see it's Sam Kinison and Malika. He shoots me a look like I had done something wrong. LOL.

I was at a cafe and in the line right ahead of me was Pierce Brosnan. So I asked him if he wouldn't mind signing something and he said, "I'm in a hurry, but I'll be back". I thought for sure he was blowing me off. No big deal. A half hour later, hubby and are are just finishing our lattes in the courtyard when this big black limousine pulls up and out dashes Brosnan with a sharpie, "Good you're still here, I was afraid I would miss you", quickly signs my menu and wishes us well before bolting back into his limo.

I was at a cafe and in the line right ahead of me was Pierce Brosnan. So I asked him if he wouldn't mind signing something and he said, "I'm in a hurry, but I'll be back". I thought for sure he was blowing me off. No big deal. A half hour later, hubby and are are just finishing our lattes in the courtyard when this big black limousine pulls up and out dashes Brosnan with a sharpie, "Good you're still here, I was afraid I would miss you", quickly signs my menu and wishes us well before bolting back into his limo.

What a nice guy. As I've said in the past, I was an aspiring sitcom writer in the 80s-90s. One day in LA, I'm walking in Westwood when I see Garry Shandling alone getting out of his car. At the time, my writing partner and I had just finished a spec script for his It's Garry Shandling's Show. Of course, I did not have a script on me, but he talked to me for a while and gave me the name of someone to send it to. He was shy and super nice. We never sold it, but wound up getting an agent off the coverage.

Like I said, I spent lots of time in L.A., and have seen tons of celebrities. I may have mentioned this once before, but here goes. I'm crossing the street one morning when a Trans Am with a couple inside of it comes flying right at me with no intention of stopping at the stop sign. I jump out of the way and am about to give the guy the finger when I see it's Sam Kinison and Malika. He shoots me a look like I had done something wrong. LOL.

a brush with greatness. good thing you are limber, or you would have met him a few years later. who gets the finger now?

What a nice guy. As I've said in the past, I was an aspiring sitcom writer in the 80s-90s. One day in LA, I'm walking in Westwood when I see Garry Shandling alone getting out of his car. At the time, my writing partner and I had just finished a spec script for his It's Garry Shandling's Show. Of course, I did not have a script on me, but he talked to me for a while and gave me the name of someone to send it to. He was shy and super nice. We never sold it, but wound up getting an agent off the coverage.

That's a very cool story. Spending a good amount of time in the LA area, you're bound to run into celebrities. I have had quite a few brushings throughout the years and I'll admit it, I'm very amused by it.

I wasn't aware that you were an aspiring sitcom writer, but it's not surprising in the least.

That's a very cool story. Spending a good amount of time in the LA area, you're bound to run into celebrities. I have had quite a few brushings throughout the years and I'll admit it, I'm very amused by it.

I wasn't aware that you were an aspiring sitcom writer, but it's not surprising in the least.

Lots of interest from different shows, many "meetings", numerous spec scripts written for various shows, etc... Bottom line: Just not enough talent.

Sitcom writer? What a show about nothing with a killer soundtrack and asian hotties?

Archived