High Def DVR...Anyone?

Maxman

Anyone have a High Def Tivo or DVR from their cable company?

If so have you recorded HD content yet? Curious to see how much recording time you actually get, I know the file size is much bigger.

I am tired of recording HD shows in Standard. Think maybe it time to make a change!

Anyone have a High Def Tivo or DVR from their cable company?

If so have you recorded HD content yet? Curious to see how much recording time you actually get, I know the file size is much bigger.

I am tired of recording HD shows in Standard. Think maybe it time to make a change!

Max I'm stuck in the same boat. I have a HD receiver, but my TiVo which I also kept is SD. For thoser of you who have DTV and are thinking of dropping a cool grand on a HD TiVo, u should know that DTV is planning on coming out with their own HD&SD DVR in the next year or two which will use mpeg-4 format, a change from mpeg-2. In other words, your $1000 HD TivO for DirecTV might be useless in 2 years.

In other words we are screwed. Plus I demand more HD content. NOW.

I talked to DTV a few weeks back. They said that the 2 new satellites that will launch this year (1 might have already) is going to enable more HD channels by mid summer, including a boat load of HD Locals of which Detroit is one of the markets. He said they are hammering out licensing agreements with locals, ESPN2HD and a few others and that by mid summer we could expect 10-15 more network HD channels.

I for one would like to see TNTHD and a few others

I talked to DTV a few weeks back. They said that the 2 new satellites that will launch this year (1 might have already) is going to enable more HD channels by mid summer, including a boat load of HD Locals of which Detroit is one of the markets. He said they are hammering out licensing agreements with locals, ESPN2HD and a few others and that by mid summer we could expect 10-15 more network HD channels.

Well I am on the cable side of the fence. I know DTV is increasing HD content a lot this year. Which is good because it keeps the pressure on the cable monopoly to do the same!

He said they are hammering out licensing agreements with locals, ESPN2HD and a few others and that by mid summer we could expect 10-15 more network HD channels.

ESPN2HD!?!?!?!?!? Say it ain't so!! So you're telling me that now I can watch fat man hacky sack and actually see the beads of sweat running down the rolls of fat like the Amazon river and when they have shirts and skins speed typing I will actually be able to see the letters on the keys? SIGN ME UP!!

I am at a crossroads...I bought a sweet 42 inch DLP HDTV and switched my cable box for an HD box. Now i get a few channels in HD (HBO, CBS, ABC, NBC, FOX, TNT, DISCOVERY...) but I am looking into Direct TV.

With Direct TV the costs of the service per month would be less but I have to buy an HD BOX (300) or an HD DVR (1000 bucks). With Cable i get either one for free (Well the DVR has a monthly service charge).

I was so ready to switch to Direct TV but now I am hesitant.

By the way, switched to Vonage phone service...and it is great...now just waiting to have my phone number transferred.

LL

Archived