Blazers offer Hedo Turkoglu $50M

MagicBizkit87

Determined to make the first splash of the NBA's free-agent negotiating period early Wednesday, the Portland Trail Blazers are making a strong push to sign Hedo Turkoglu, the prized free agent of the summer.

While negotiations across the league were in the early stages, a person with knowledge of the discussions said the Blazers are trying to lure Turkoglu with a deal in the $50-million range. Contracts cannot be signed until July 7, when the annual moratorium on signing and trading players is lifted.

Other teams expected to make a play for Turkoglu, who earned a huge pay day by helping Orlando get to the NBA Finals, were Toronto, Detroit, and Sacramento. The Magic, who acquired Vince Carter from the Nets on the belief that they could not retain Turkoglu, are not expected to be a factor in a situation that involves Turkoglu getting $10 million a year.

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/b...ry/11838893/15830040

And the official dumbest team of the year goes to the Portland Trail Blazers. 10 Mil a year for Turk? I admit I would love to have him still be in Orlando, but giving this guy 10 million a year is just flat out stupid.

No, it's not.

He's a very versatile player who creates mismatches.

How soon you forget.

And the official dumbest team of the year goes to the Portland Trail Blazers. 10 Mil a year for Turk? I admit I would love to have him still be in Orlando, but giving this guy 10 million a year is just flat out stupid.

Not really. If the Blazers get Hedo they can "solve" some of their PG problems by putting the Ball in BRoy's hands, it'll create mismatch problems as most 1's and 2's will have a problem covering both Hedo and Roy 1 on 1 all game. It's gonna open up the floor and Roy is essentially going to be able to take over games either by scoring or driving and kicking the ball out for Hedo to knock down those 3's. I wouldn't call it flat out stupid, he's one of the best players out there and this is a weaker FA class, think of football and how some criticized the Jets for the $$ they gave to Scott, he was the best LB out there, so he gets best LB money. That's the way FA markets go.

The Blazers are in talks with the Sixers about Andre Miller. (www.si.com)

I don't want the Blazers to sign this guy.

That's who I want and think the Blazers should sign. Gives you 14-15 a night, 5-7 ast a night. And he's a good defender, the Blazers need a guy who can cover the other 1's in the WC that typically dominate them.

How stupid is it that FA begins July 1st yet you cannot sign a contract until July 7th?

Once again we're shown how much better the NFL is compared to every other sport.

New contracts cannot be signed until the cap figure is announced and the NBA's moratorium on signings is lifted next week.

No, it's not.

How soon you forget.

That is still not worth 10 mil a year. Turkoglu isn't supposed to get an offer like this, and he's supposed to come back with a tail between his legs, and come back to Orlando, and give the Magic the best starting lineup in the game... lol

I read on realgm that Rudy Fernandez isn't happy about the Blazers looking to add Turkolgu to their team. How about the Magic do a sign & trade with Portland, with us getting Fernandez, and stuff for Turkoglu... lol

PG Nelson/Johnson

SG Carter/Fernandez/Redick

SF Rashard/Pietrus

PF Bass/Anderson

C Dwight/McDyess(Vet Min.)

I can hope, can't I? lol

I read on realgm that Rudy Fernandez isn't happy about the Blazers looking to add Turkolgu to their team. How about the Magic do a sign & trade with Portland, with us getting Fernandez, and stuff for Turkoglu... lol

PG Nelson/Johnson

SG Carter/Fernandez/Redick

SF Rashard/Pietrus

PF Bass/Anderson

C Dwight/McDyess(Vet Min.)

I can hope, can't I? lol

That's more like dreaming.

Remember when all he could do is play defense? Don't worry I was pissed as well that the Magic traded him too.

I never agreed with letting him go, just as I am going to be royally pissed about letting David Lee leave the organization. It is going to be yet another tremendous Knick mistake. I know I have to give Donnie Walsh the benefit of the doubt, but damn, it is really getting hard to do that.

Well as soon as the Knicks hit the offseason next year, their team could look like:

C Gortat

PF Bosh

SF Lebron

SG who cares

PG Rubio

If Rubio turns into something, maybe the Knicks will eventually be one of the best teams in the NBA (Behind Orlando of course)... lol

I am crossing my fingers for LeBron.

If we were able to land James, the Knicks would return to their 1B status to the Jets' 1A that they were in 90's when I was growing up with Ewing, Johnson, Oakley, Starks, Ward, etc.

I love watching Basketball, when my team is at least competitive. For the past 5, 6 years, we havn't been anything close to competitive except for a couple of lucky mid season stretches.

Honestly though I'll take Dwayne Wade if LeBron resigns in Cleveland. He isn't a bad second option.

No, it's not.

How soon you forget.

I actually looked at what you said here, and just remembered something. Do you remember the Turkoglu before SVG came here? Remember the nicknames the fans gave him? Turkoflu. Or do you not remember that far back? You know back when J.J. Redick was out playing him in Brian Hill's last season as the head coach of the Magic. Ever think it was SVG who made this guy special, not Turkoglu, himself.

The second this guy steps into a locker room and doesn't see Stan Van Gundy coaching, this guy will choke.

If anything it's really how soon you forget, but like I've said in the past, I doubt you were rooting for the Magic back when Brian Hill was coaching this team, because back then they were a 40 win-8th seeded basketball team.

Seriously I honestly feel bad for Turkoglu, and the team that signs him, because I just don't see him doing well outside of Central Florida.

Blah blah blah biscuits.

Are you really implying that JJ Redick has outplayed Hedo Turkoglu at any point in time?

Hedo Turkoglu had been a great 6th man for two teams before getting to Orlando, where he was finally given a chance to start.

Hedo Turkoglu became MORE effective as Dwight's game evolved, as any swingman worth a lick would.

I don't have to prove my loyalty to your fairweather ass. Did you make it to any Magic regular season games this year? Playoffs? Finals? I don't care if you're a college student in another state..I've made the 4 hour drive more than a few times. Ive also flown to see the Jets play not just in NJ, but all over the country. Tell me biscuits, what year did you start watching the Magic? Last? You have publicly admitted giving up on the time numerous times...so go **** yourself. It isn't just me that thinks you're a fraud, Blackout Jr.

And another thing..the stupid **** you say makes it seem like you don't even watch basketball..which I'm beginning to think is true.

Tell me biscuits, what year did you start watching the Magic?

1992, when I was 4 years old, turning 5 years old. Also the year Shaq joined the team. So basically when he just got drafted, I became a fan of this team. Would you also like some proof? I still have Shaq's jersey from when I was that young.

I don't care if you have to prove anything to me, because I know you're a fraud. If you really don't remember Turkoglu being outplayed by JJ Redick in Brian Hill's last season coaching, then you really are proving my point.

edit: Also having the money to go see this team, and living close to the team right now doesn't really prove anything.

Really though, this guy can curse at me all he wants, I'm not really going that path anymore. Basically let him look like the ass.

Blah blah blah biscuits.

Are you really implying that JJ Redick has outplayed Hedo Turkoglu at any point in time?

Hedo Turkoglu had been a great 6th man for two teams before getting to Orlando, where he was finally given a chance to start.

Hedo Turkoglu became MORE effective as Dwight's game evolved, as any swingman worth a lick would.

I don't have to prove my loyalty to your fairweather ass. Did you make it to any Magic regular season games this year? Playoffs? Finals? I don't care if you're a college student in another state..I've made the 4 hour drive more than a few times. Ive also flown to see the Jets play not just in NJ, but all over the country. Tell me biscuits, what year did you start watching the Magic? Last? You have publicly admitted giving up on the time numerous times...so go **** yourself. It isn't just me that thinks you're a fraud, Blackout Jr.

And another thing..the stupid **** you say makes it seem like you don't even watch basketball..which I'm beginning to think is true.

1992, when I was 4 years old, turning 5 years old. Also the year Shaq joined the team. So basically when he just got drafted, I became a fan of this team.

I don't care if you have to prove anything to me, because I know you're a fraud. If you really don't remember Turkoglu being outplayed by JJ Redick in Brian Hill's last season coaching, then you really are proving my point.

You guys are hilarious....

On to the topic...

Does anyone notice that teams are getting turned away from Hedo? First Hedo got offered this, and now the Blazers are more interested in Ariza.

Then you heard Detroit had Hedo as their first option, then they go and basically sign Ben Gordon, and Villaneuva, which basically puts them out of the running for Hedo.

Finally you hear that Toronto is thinking of offering Hedo 60 mil for 5 years, and you haven't really heard anything since from them, or even this offer being true.

I still have the feeling this guy may have a tail between his legs, and eventually come back to Orlando. It's possible, but I don't know if it's likely.

You notice something though, all he does is curse at me. He really has no self control, and with the way he talks, he probably has a hell of a lot of problems getting the ladies... lol

:rl:

You guys sound like an old couple.

Archived