Rookie QB Mark Sanchez could reignite Jets-Dolphins rivalry

Jetfan13

I think the rivalry is already amped up.

Don't know how to embed the video itself but it's on thejetsblog.com:

http://www.thejetsblog.com/2009/06/30/film-room-penningtons-turn/

can't wait to see the comments on this one...

Holy ****, I'll be forwarding this to my Dolphag friends that poked fun @ Sanchez photo shoot.

Chad is wearing a black see-thru v-neck shirt.....LMAO!!!

Obviously Sanchez didn't get the trash talking memo from Rex Ryan. Here is what he had to say about a division rival.

"I think Patrick Turner's best days are yet to come," Sanchez said at Tuesday's NFL Rookie Symposium at PGA National. "He's going to be a special player. He's really starting to come into his own and be a dominant receiver, somebody who plays with a lot of effort and intensity, and he's only going to get better. You haven't seen his peak yet."

That sounds much more like what Belichick would say of a rival then Ryan.

I really expect the Jets - Dolphins games to step up to the next level. They will be played with the same passion that the Ravens and Steelers have played each other with over the past few years. Very spirited hitting and emotions running very high.

I LOVE IT.

Obviously Sanchez didn't get the trash talking memo from Rex Ryan. Here is what he had to say about a division rival.

"I think Patrick Turner's best days are yet to come," Sanchez said at Tuesday's NFL Rookie Symposium at PGA National. "He's going to be a special player. He's really starting to come into his own and be a dominant receiver, somebody who plays with a lot of effort and intensity, and he's only going to get better. You haven't seen his peak yet."

Do you ever get tired of this nonsense? NEWSFLASH: Sanchez and Turner were teammates (and in fact was one of Sanchez's former receivers). Do you really expect him to just start trashing him because they play for division rivals?

Nowhere near the same thing as Ryan responding to Crowder talking trash (and Ryan didn't say a word about Crowder until the Super Bowl OTA comment). And don't get mad just because Ryan said he's not going to kiss Bellichick's rings (I know Mumbles has come to expect that now with his narcisstic personality, but the other 31 coaches don't get paid to lay down for him).

I just hate when Miami fans talk ****.

Never, ever visit ThePhins.com then.

PS17 and I are continually laughed at for believing the Jets Offensive Line is better than Miami's.

But like others have said, from 1998-Present the Jets are 17-5 against the Dolphins. They have swept us once (2003) and we have swept them I believe six or seven times over that exact same time period. Before last December, we had beaten them 5 times in a row. We have owned them for over a decade and in 2009 we are going to return to owning them. There stupid little Wildcat does not work with how Rex Ryan defends it and no matter what tweaks they want to add to it, Ryan will come up with something to stop it. He may not be a great HC-- that we will have to wait and see, but he will always be a great Defensive mind.

We will sweep Miami in 2009 and make it 19 out of 24.

Oh yeah Belicheat is a real good sport. Like that time he lost the Superbowl to a huge underdog and then refused to shake the hand of the opposing coach. Very good sport.

Meanwhile the situation with Rex is that Channing Crowder started talking smack when he has no right to. Rex put him in his place. That's it, case closed.

Oh yeah Belicheat is a real good sport. Like that time he lost the Superbowl to a huge underdog and then refused to shake the hand of the opposing coach. Very good sport.

1. Get your facts right.

The stadium clock expired (which is not the offical time, an official keeps the time) Everyone ran out on to the field. BB shook Cauglin's hand then left.

Then the refs adjusted the clock.

BB shook Caughlins hand and congradulated him for the win.

2. It wasn't about sportmanship, but style. BB rarely says anything bad about an opposing team, coach or player. (I know of two instances where he broke from this). Rex Ryan is a trash talker. You can prefer BB's style or you can perfer Ryan's style, thats up to you. But Sanchez comments sounds a lot like what BB would say than Ryan.

1. Get your facts right.

The stadium clock expired (which is not the offical time, an official keeps the time) Everyone ran out on to the field. BB shook Cauglin's hand then left.

Then the refs adjusted the clock.

BB shook Caughlins hand and congradulated him for the win.

2. It wasn't about sportmanship, but style. BB rarely says anything bad about an opposing team, coach or player. (I know of two instances where he broke from this). Rex Ryan is a trash talker. You can prefer BB's style or you can perfer Ryan's style, thats up to you. But Sanchez comments sounds a lot like what BB would say than Ryan.

You're right , my bad. He did shake his hand before the game was over. All I remembered was the fact that he ran away like a little crybaby. Not that I blame him. It was like having LeBron, Kobe and Jordan in your starting lineup and losing.

Ummm, we've beaten them 17 of the last 22, including 5 of the last 6 and 8 of the last 10.

We do dominate the Dolphags.

Did you know Jason Taylor has only been on the winning side vs the Jets 3 times in his career?

I really expect the Jets - Dolphins games to step up to the next level. They will be played with the same passion that the Ravens and Steelers have played each other with over the past few years. Very spirited hitting and emotions running very high.

I LOVE IT.

Chad Pennington signing with the Dolphins the already heated rivalry to the next level. And I dont know why the article implied that the rivarly had died. Just cause we own them doesnt mean its not a rivarly. Kinda like the way the Gators own the Bulldogs lately. :P Its still our biggest rival.

I hate the ****ing Dolphins more than any other team in all of sports and that will never change. I just hope that Sanchez can keep the recent tradition of owning the Dolphags going in our favor!

You guys won't have to worry about a rivalry with the Phins fading if Rex is anything like he was as ratbird DC. Twice a year the past few yrs his defensive players would always talk smack the week leading up to their games vs Steelers.

Coach Tomlin LOVED those games.

You guys won't have to worry about a rivalry with the Phins fading if Rex is anything like he was as ratbird DC. Twice a year the past few yrs his defensive players would always talk smack the week leading up to their games vs Steelers.

Coach Tomlin LOVED those games.

ben, not so much ;)

ZHIXQzY-TEw

PS17 and I are continually laughed at for believing the Jets Offensive Line is better than Miami's.

But like others have said, from 1998-Present the Jets are 17-5 against the Dolphins. They have swept us once (2003) and we have swept them I believe six or seven times over that exact same time period. Before last December, we had beaten them 5 times in a row. We have owned them for over a decade and in 2009 we are going to return to owning them. There stupid little Wildcat does not work with how Rex Ryan defends it and no matter what tweaks they want to add to it, Ryan will come up with something to stop it. He may not be a great HC-- that we will have to wait and see, but he will always be a great Defensive mind.

It's all about the last game. And who won that one? Oh yeah, Miami in NY.

It's not that we laugh at you for the O-line, it's that you guys think the Jets have better TE's, DE's, LB's (yes, the one's on steroids), WR's, QB's, coaches etc... It's a little nausiating reading that crap when the truth is so obvious, Miami is the superior team.

We will sweep Miami in 2009 and make it 19 out of 24

Yeah, and pigs will fly in 09' too. The only reason the Jets avoided a sweep by Miami in 08' was because of a lucky Favre lob to the endzone. The Jets will not have that luxury this year.

We will sweep Miami in 2009 and make it 19 out of 24.

And I'm laughed at here for saying the Dolphins are better than the Jets despite the fact that we won two more games than you and beat you in the final game of the season in your home field.

You guys do have a better offensive line, but don't pretend for a minute that the homerism isn't equal here as it is at thephins.

Archived