Top 5 Qb's

JustInFudge

Where did I say he was the QB in '98 and '99? I said for an example of seeing a team decimated see Miami 1998 and 1999 whent hey lost 38-3 to Denver and 62-7 to Jacksonville. Yes we lost 30-10 to Oak but that game was tied 10-10 very late in the 3rd, we weren't just blwon out. Oak pulled away in the 4th.

We were down 2 TDs w/ 5 mins left at our own 23. We weren't coming back.

Would it have made you feel better if we got a token 1st down or 2 and lost 30-16?

O'Donnell had a MUCH better team around him in Pitt than Chad ever had here plus the AFC stunk back then opening things up and he still only made 1 SB w/ those talented Steeler teams. Chad pennington is a MUCH better starting QB than Neil O'Donnell. Chad has led the NFL in passing, was 2nd in MVP voting one year, played in a division w/ a dynatsy team in it and in the superior conf unlike when Neil was playing and the AFC sucked.

21-of-47 passes for 183 yards and a touchdown, and he turned the ball over four times

Not his fault though right? He kept it close and was valiant and gutsy right?

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply
O'Donnell had a MUCH better team around him in Pitt than Chad ever had here plus the AFC stunk back then opening things up and he still only made 1 SB w/ those talented Steeler teams. Chad pennington is a MUCH better starting QB than Neil O'Donnell. Chad has led the NFL in passing, was 2nd in MVP voting one year, played in a division w/ a dynatsy team in it and in the superior conf unlike when Neil was playing and the AFC sucked.

Two touchdowns in five minutes!?!??! Is that even possible?

The Pitt loss was made more painful by the fact that our "star" QB who had recently signed a ridiculously huge contract failed to lead the offense on a single TD drive when that's all it would have taken to win the game.

Yeah, Reggie Tongue led to more points than are paid franchdespised QB.

Two touchdowns in five minutes!?!??! Is that even possible?

You act like we were at the NE 5 yard line. We were near our 20 w/ 5 mins left and we scored 16 in almost 50 mins of play, scoring a TD then getting it back from Brady and scoring again on the road in a palce NE never loses is a tough job, right?

You act like we were at the NE 5 yard line. We were near our 20 w/ 5 mins left and we scored 16 in almost 50 mins of play, scoring a TD then getting it back from Brady and scoring again on the road in a palce NE never loses is a tough job, right?

The point is Chad sealed the deal with a pick 6. We could've came back... but Chad ascertained that would not happen.

And I assume Pennington has no fault in the putrid offense during that game.

The point is Chad sealed the deal with a pick 6. We could've came back... but Chad ascertained that would not happen.

And I assume Pennington has no fault in the putrid offense during that game.

Yes it sealed the game but the game was really already over, an overachieveing middle of the road talent team that he led to 10 wins and a playoff spot had it's season sealed by him. When we didn't have him the year before we went 4-12.

Yes it sealed the game but the game was really already over, an overachieveing middle of the road talent team that he led to 10 wins and a playoff spot had it's season sealed by him. When we didn't have him the year before we went 4-12.

Chad was 8-5 in 2004. When he got hurt the Jets were 6-2. When he returned they were 8-3.

Score from the 20!?! Impossible! You act like nobody has ever done it. Yes it would be difficult, but the going got tough and he **** his pampers.

He threw for 300 ****ing yards and the net scoring output was 9 points. Nine ****ing points! That's giving him credit for the 3 they scored off the fumble after Chad led us for a whopping 5 yards on three plays from the 15. Could Neil O'Donnell ever muster such an astonishing output as six ****ing points?

Chad was 8-5 in 2004. When he got hurt the Jets were 6-2. When he returned they were 8-3.

I was talking about 2006.

In 2004 we were 6-1 when he got hurt against Buffalo and he was playing great football. had he not gotten hurt I think we had a real shot to be a SB team. He clearly wasn't the same player when he came back though he gutted it out and we nearly made the title game.

Score from the 20!?! Impossible! You act like nobody has ever done it. Yes it would be difficult, but the going got tough and he **** his pampers.

He threw for 300 ****ing yards and the net scoring output was 9 points. Nine ****ing points! That's giving him credit for the 3 they scored off the fumble after Chad led us for a whopping 5 yards on three plays from the 15. Could Neil O'Donnell ever muster such an astonishing output as six ****ing points?

OUR 20, meaning we had to go 80 yds to score one TD then stop the best QB in the game at home and probably have to go another 80 yds or so just to tie it.

Neil once led his Pitt team to 3 points at home in a playoff game and we scored 16 that game not 6.

OUR 20, meaning we had to go 80 yds to score one TD then stop the best QB in the game at home and probably have to go another 80 yds or so just to tie it.

Neil once led his Pitt team to 3 points at home in a playoff game and we scored 16 that game not 6.

Might as well throw that pick right? Game over, so why not.

The reason the game was over is that Chad Pennington was incapable of putting together a drive that quick. It's rare for him to move the ball that quickly.

It is unbelievable the way you are willing to ignore facts to protect this guy.

I was talking about 2006.

In 2004 we were 6-1 when he got hurt against Buffalo and he was playing great football. had he not gotten hurt I think we had a real shot to be a SB team. He clearly wasn't the same player when he came back though he gutted it out and we nearly made the title game.

My bad about 2004. In 2006 the Jets were playing a last placed schedule and Chad threw 17 TD's and 16 INT's. Not sure he had much to do with the 10-6 record.

His 300 yards in the playoff game against the Pats is kind of misleading. Cotchery took a 15 yard pass and went an additional 62 yards for a TD. That 77 yard TD skews his stats big time.

My bad about 2004. In 2006 the Jets were playing a last placed schedule and Chad threw 17 TD's and 16 INT's. Not sure he had much to do with the 10-6 record.

His 300 yards in the playoff game against the Pats is kind of misleading. Cotchery took a 15 yard pass and went an additional 62 yards for a TD. That 77 yard TD skews his stats big time.

We played one of the toughest overall scheds in the NFL and much like when we beat NE in 2002 at NE the Pats wouldn't lose a home game again for a long time. 17 TDs and 16 INTs doesn't look great but considering our starting RB averaged 2.8 YPC and we had 2 rookies on the OL what he did was amazing.

His 300 yds is meaningless in a game we only score 16 and we lose but QBs have WRs take short passes and get great YAC all the time- why do we only bring it up when it's Chad?

Might as well throw that pick right? Game over, so why not.

The reason the game was over is that Chad Pennington was incapable of putting together a drive that quick. It's rare for him to move the ball that quickly.

It is unbelievable the way you are willing to ignore facts to protect this guy.

Incapable w/ the talent we had around him. He sure didn't have problems w/ a quick strike O in 2002 and parts of 2003. He doesn't have Marvin harrison, Dallas Clark and Reggie Wayne to throw to.

Incapable w/ the talent we had around him. He sure didn't have problems w/ a quick strike O in 2002 and parts of 2003. He doesn't have Marvin harrison, Dallas Clark and Reggie Wayne to throw to.

You aren't seriously insinuating that the Colts would be as good with Pennington then the are with Manning are you?

We played one of the toughest overall scheds in the NFL and much like when we beat NE in 2002 at NE the Pats wouldn't lose a home game again for a long time. 17 TDs and 16 INTs doesn't look great but considering our starting RB averaged 2.8 YPC and we had 2 rookies on the OL what he did was amazing.

His 300 yds is meaningless in a game we only score 16 and we lose but QBs have WRs take short passes and get great YAC all the time- why do we only bring it up when it's Chad?

Are you talking about 2006?

Titans: 8-8

Bills: 7-9

Phins: 6-10

Lions: 3-13

Browns: 4-12

Texans: 6-10

Packers: 8-8

Vikings: 6-10

Raiders: 2-14

The Bears went 13-3 while the Pats & Colts went 12-4. The Jets were 1-3 against those teams.

You aren't seriously insinuating that the Colts would be as good with Pennington then the are with Manning are you?

No just pointing out that he never had the weapons that the overrated Peyton Manning has had.

Are you talking about 2006?

Titans: 8-8

Phins: 6-10

Lions: 3-13

Browns: 4-12

Texans: 6-10

Packers: 8-8

Vikings: 6-10

Raiders: 2-14

The Bears went 13-3 while the Pats & Colts went 12-4. The Jets were 1-3 against those teams.

played both SB teams and 4 games overall against conf finalists. Our final SOS was the toughest of any playoff team that year if I remember correctly.

Of course we had a bunch of games against lesser teams but we did last year too w/ ALOT more talent and supposedly a better QB- how did that turn out? Our sched last year was much easier than 2006.

No just pointing out that he never had the weapons that the overrated Peyton Manning has had.

Manning... overrated... Chad.... great... Chad is... so good... wait... no... what's happening... Manning?.... wait he won a SB... oh no... he didnt'.... his team won it... Chad... Chad... Chadddddddd aAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

5655?AWSAccessKeyId=1VP5Y71AGD0MFJ4JSY02&Expires=1247443199&Signature=mvCFfx%2B14EcZg1t1CCi1pPRSHx8%3D

Manning... overrated... Chad.... great... Chad is... so good... wait... no... what's happening... Manning?.... wait he won a SB... oh no... he didnt'.... his team won it... Chad... Chad... Chadddddddd aAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Reading comprehension isn't your friend, huh? I never said Chad has had a great career, I never said Chad was a top flight QB for his career. Chad is a very good QB who we have underappreciated, that has nothing to do w/ Peyton Manning being an overrated QB.

played both SB teams and 4 games overall against conf finalists. Our final SOS was the toughest of any playoff team that year if I remember correctly.

Of course we had a bunch of games against lesser teams but we did last year too w/ ALOT more talent and supposedly a better QB- how did that turn out? Our sched last year was much easier than 2006.

Not sure I'm following your logic on this. Are you saying that playing 4 very good teams and 12 bad/medicore ones equals a tough schedule?

I don't see much difference between 2006 and 2008 expect for the Jets record against good teams.

Chargers: 8-8

Cards: 9-7

Bengals: 4-11-1

Raiders: 5-11

Chiefs: 2-4

Rams: 2-14

Broncos: 8-8

49ers: 7-9

Seahawaks: 4-12

The Titans went 13-3 while the Pats & Phins went 11-5. The Jets were 3-2 against those teams.

Not sure I'm following your logic on this. Are you saying that playing 4 very good teams and 12 bad/medicore ones equals a tough schedule?

I don't see much difference between 2006 and 2008 expect for the Jets record against good teams.

Chargers: 8-8

Cards: 9-7

Bengals: 4-11-1

Raiders: 5-11

Chiefs: 2-4

Rams: 2-14

Broncos: 8-8

49ers: 7-9

Seahawaks: 4-12

The Titans went 13-3 while the Pats & Phins went 11-5. The Jets were 3-2 against those teams.

we played the 3 best teams in the NFL in 2006 and a bunch of medicore teams, last year we played a bunch of medicore teams and the Titans who were maybe the 5th best team in the league.

we played the 3 best teams in the NFL in 2006 and a bunch of medicore teams, last year we played a bunch of medicore teams and the Titans who were maybe the 5th best team in the league.

Did the Jets make 4 West Coast trips in 2006? The 2008 Jets did.

Gainzo defends the Jets?

I think I'm pretty objective when it comes to teams not named the Patriots.

Apart from that game against the Colts back in January of 2003 Chad has sucked in the playoffs.

When Chad passes away many years from now his tombstone should read "Game Manager"

Apart from that game against the Colts back in January of 2003 Chad has sucked in the playoffs.

When Chad passes away many years from now his tombstone should read "Game Manager"

Lol, same here.

I know damn well what 20 they were on. An 80 yard touchdown drive? Inconceivable!

He threw one TD. The team got an additional 3 FGs for a total of 16 points. One of those FGs was based on Poteat's fumble recovery at the 14. Chad masterfully led the team down to the 10. He also gave up 7 on the pick by Samuel. Net points for Pennington = 6.

Reading comprehension isn't your friend, huh? I never said Chad has had a great career, I never said Chad was a top flight QB for his career. Chad is a very good QB who we have underappreciated, that has nothing to do w/ Peyton Manning being an overrated QB.

Actually it has everything to do with it.

Your argument is that Manning's team and not Manning was responsible for winning the SuperBowl after the 2006 season while Chad was wholly responsible for any success the Jets had when he was here.

Never mind the FACT that Chad played with a Hall of Fame running back his first three years in NY and and the number six scoring defense in 2006.

Going into the 2006 playoffs, the Colts defense ranked 23rd in scoring and Joseph Addai's only going to the Hall of Fame if he buys a ticket. :Nuts:

Did the Jets make 4 West Coast trips in 2006? The 2008 Jets did.

against 3 bad teams and 1 mediocre team. The pats made 4 WC trips too, right? they won 3 of them w/ a QB who hadn't played since HS. I hate the WC excuses.

The only game he sucked in was the '02 game at Oak. He was good in '02 vs. Indy and '04 at SD, mediocre at Pitt and at NE.

I hate when the Pats fans display more knowledge about the Jets than Jet fans.

I hate when clueless people have to post nonsense like this.

I know damn well what 20 they were on. An 80 yard touchdown drive? Inconceivable!

He threw one TD. The team got an additional 3 FGs for a total of 16 points. One of those FGs was based on Poteat's fumble recovery at the 14. Chad masterfully led the team down to the 10. He also gave up 7 on the pick by Samuel. Net points for Pennington = 6.

So it doesn't count when we get the ball in good FP? he didn't get the job done w/ an inferior team. You guys act like he had a SB caliber team around him and he was what was holding us back.

Actually it has everything to do with it.

Your argument is that Manning's team and not Manning was responsible for winning the SuperBowl after the 2006 season while Chad was wholly responsible for any success the Jets had when he was here.

Never mind the FACT that Chad played with a Hall of Fame running back his first three years in NY and and the number six scoring defense in 2006.

Going into the 2006 playoffs, the Colts defense ranked 23rd in scoring and Joseph Addai's only going to the Hall of Fame if he buys a ticket. :Nuts:

That's not my argument at all. My argument is Peyton is a great regular season player but can't perform when the lights are brightest in January. is it fair to compare a good QB like Chad to someone like Peyton? p[eyton being overrated doesn;'t mean Chad is better. Peyton is at a different level but that level is not Tom Brady's level which many misinformed fans think.

Chad played w/ Curtis and got ONE great year out of Curtis(2004). Manning has played w/ Faulk, Edge, Addai at RB i addition to the GREAT WRs and TEs and the great OL.

in the 2006 postseason the Colts D was great while Peyton tried to throw the season away AGAIN by throwin 3 TDs w/ SEVEN INTs and Addai's rookie year YPC was better than any of Curtis' years.

against 3 bad teams and 1 mediocre team. The pats made 4 WC trips too, right? they won 3 of them w/ a QB who hadn't played since HS. I hate the WC excuses.

The only game he sucked in was the '02 game at Oak. He was good in '02 vs. Indy and '04 at SD, mediocre at Pitt and at NE.

So it doesn't count when we get the ball in good FP? he didn't get the job done w/ an inferior team. You guys act like he had a SB caliber team around him and he was what was holding us back.

That's not my argument at all. My argument is Peyton is a great regular season player but can't perform when the lights are brightest in January. is it fair to compare a good QB like Chad to someone like Peyton? p[eyton being overrated doesn;'t mean Chad is better. Peyton is at a different level but that level is not Tom Brady's level which many misinformed fans think.

Chad played w/ Curtis and got ONE great year out of Curtis(2004). Manning has played w/ Faulk, Edge, Addai at RB i addition to the GREAT WRs and TEs and the great OL.

in the 2006 postseason the Colts D was great while Peyton tried to throw the season away AGAIN by throwin 3 TDs w/ SEVEN INTs and Addai's rookie year YPC was better than any of Curtis' years.

You're right Manning and Brady are not on the same level. Manning is clearly the superior QB.

Your position is backed by wishes and dreams and opinion and not one fact and you have the gall to call other people clueless. lol

Archived