Top 5 Qb's

JustInFudge

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Your position is backed by wishes and dreams and opinion and not one fact and you have the gall to call other people clueless. lol

It's not a fact we played the 2 SB teams in 2006? It's not a fact we played 4 games against teams that reached the conf title games in 2006? How many did we play against title teams in 2008? ONE. It's not a fact that NE went 3-1 on the WC? The WC games were an EXCUSE, we played 3 bad teams and 1 mediocre team and we went 0-4.

Pay attention to the discussion and actually participate instead of name calling from the sidelines.

Is fantasy football located in the same place as your brain when it comes to one Chadwick Pennington?

Do you know what a football is? it's obvious you don't watch the game or follow along in the discussion.

Has Chad Pennington been a good QB in the NFL? just answer the question.

Do you know what a football is? it's obvious you don't watch the game or follow along in the discussion.

Has Chad Pennington been a good QB in the NFL? just answer the question.

No actually. I'm actually a badminton fan and joined this board because it seem like a jolly good old time.

It's not a fact we played the 2 SB teams in 2006? It's not a fact we played 4 games against teams that reached the conf title games in 2006? How many did we play against title teams in 2008? ONE. It's not a fact that NE went 3-1 on the WC? The WC games were an EXCUSE, we played 3 bad teams and 1 mediocre team and we went 0-4.

Pay attention to the discussion and actually participate instead of name calling from the sidelines.

All of those facts mean nothing. It just proves the point that Chad can't beat good teams. What does the Jets in 08 have to do with the Chad in 06? You are projecting the name calling on me. You are the one who started in with the names and such.

Is fantasy football located in the same place as your brain when it comes to one Chadwick Pennington?

I like nyjunc's posts as he is probably the biggest Brady supporter outside of Pats fans but his downfall is his love for Chadwick.

Before the season starts there should be some vcash wagered on how many games Chad will start. We are in an odd year so I'm thinking 9 games.

I like nyjunc's posts as he is probably the biggest Brady supporter outside of Pats fans but his downfall is his love for Chadwick.

Before the season starts there should be some vcash wagered on how many games Chad will start. We are in an odd year so I'm thinking 9 games.

We all have our flaws.

Yours? You like Boston things. :Nuts:

Much like w/ my defense of herm people get confused thinking I say they are better than I am saying. Chad has been a goodto very good NFL QB, he had a great year in 2002 but never had another great year. people act like I am saying he is a HOFer or that he rivals Brady. I appreciate what the guy did for my team, it's embarrassing the way fans throw players out. Sanchez better get ready, this will be him in a few years.

We all have our flaws.

Yours? You like Boston things. :Nuts:

Very true. :)

I must say that these kind of threads make JN what it is. Jets fans take a Top 5 QB thread and turn it into a Pennington thread. You can't make this stuff up!

All of those facts mean nothing. It just proves the point that Chad can't beat good teams. What does the Jets in 08 have to do with the Chad in 06? You are projecting the name calling on me. You are the one who started in with the names and such.

These arguments are all over the place and you are taking selected quotes matching them up w/ arguments they don't belong w/.

Chad has beaten plenty of good teams in his career- w/ 2 playoff wins(tied for the most in franchise history) that means he at least beat 2 good teams, right? You don't get to 4 postseasons in 4 seasons(that he has been healthy and played at least 3/4 of games) by beating just bad teams. he led Miami to wins over SD, Denver, Oak, Seattle and SF. All teams we couldnt beat last year. He may never be great but he's a good QB and he deserves respect from Jet fans.

Much like w/ my defense of herm people get confused thinking I say they are better than I am saying. Chad has been a goodto very good NFL QB, he had a great year in 2002 but never had another great year. people act like I am saying he is a HOFer or that he rivals Brady. I appreciate what the guy did for my team, it's embarrassing the way fans throw players out. Sanchez better get ready, this will be him in a few years.

He had a good 11 games. Chad has never had a "very good" or "great" year. he has had a great 11 games and has done mediocre to slight above average at best and horribly inept at worst from then on.

I must say that these kind of threads make JN what it is. Jets fans take a Top 5 QB thread and turn it into a Pennington thread. You can't make this stuff up!

It's true. I"m too lazy to look but did anyone ACTUALLY put Chad in the top 5?

I was having fun discussing how overrated Manning is and somehow it turned into a dolphin fan overrating Chad then Jet fans underrating him.

From an outside perspective my opinion on Chad is that he never got it done in the playoffs and that is why a lot of Jets fans are pissed and treat him like that.

I don't think any Jets fan doesn't like Chad as a person, they just don't like him as a football player.

His performance for the Dolphins in the playoffs last season was horrible and did nothing to help the perception that Chad is a stiff when it comes to playoff football.

He loved Herm too.

He had a good 11 games. Chad has never had a "very good" or "great" year. he has had a great 11 games and has done mediocre to slight above average at best and horribly inept at worst from then on.

He was great in '02 leading us back from the 1-4, 2-5 start. He was the 2nd best QB in the NFL that year behind only Rich Gannon who won the MVP.

From an outside perspective my opinion on Chad is that he never got it done in the playoffs and that is why a lot of Jets fans are pissed and treat him like that.

I don't think any Jets fan doesn't like Chad as a person, they just don't like him as a football player.

His performance for the Dolphins in the playoffs last season was horrible and did nothing to help the perception that Chad is a stiff when it comes to playoff football.

I understand but people have to look at things rationally. Were we better than Oakland in 2002? NO and that was his first road playoff game in a pretty hostile palce against a good team that nearly beat NE the year before at NE.

Were we better than Pitt in 2004? NO. We played a 15-1 team on the road w/ a QB that had a torn rotator cuff. Pitt would go on to win 2 of the next 4 SBs.

were we better than NE in 2006? NO. NE has never lost a home playoff game w/ Brady at QB and we blew it late and Chad was a big part of that but NE was better.

Was Miami better than Baltimore last year? Not even close. factor in how grat Bal's D was, how they dominated Chad's OL, how his RBs did nothing and how awful his WRs were and you'll begin to see what he was playing w/.

It's not fair to hold Chad to a Brady like standard. He has never lost a playoff game he was supposed to win and has won playoff games he was supposed to lose.

Out of curiosity, what do you think of Chad Henne? Are the Dolphins better or worse with him? I'll give my thoughts after you post, if you'd like. Haha!

He loved Herm too.

Herm was a GOOD HC.

Let me ask a question to allt he Jet fans who hate Herm and Chad.

If Herm couldn't coach and Chad wasn't a good QB then how the hell did we win only our 2nd EVER AFC East Title, the only non Pats AFC East Title when Brady was playing for NE, make 3 POs in 5 years(Herm amde one w/o Chad, Chad one w/o Herm), win only our 3rd road playoff game ever, win playoff games in 2 different years(no other HC or QB has done that for the Jets). How does this happen?

Out of curiosity, what do you think of Chad Henne? Are the Dolphins better or worse with him? I'll give my thoughts after you post, if you'd like. Haha!

Worse. Much worse. I can't wait until the Henne era begins.

I understand but people have to look at things rationally. Were we better than Oakland in 2002? NO and that was his first road playoff game in a pretty hostile palce against a good team that nearly beat NE the year before at NE.

Were we better than Pitt in 2004? NO. We played a 15-1 team on the road w/ a QB that had a torn rotator cuff. Pitt would go on to win 2 of the next 4 SBs.

were we better than NE in 2006? NO. NE has never lost a home playoff game w/ Brady at QB and we blew it late and Chad was a big part of that but NE was better.

Was Miami better than Baltimore last year? Not even close. factor in how grat Bal's D was, how they dominated Chad's OL, how his RBs did nothing and how awful his WRs were and you'll begin to see what he was playing w/.

It's not fair to hold Chad to a Brady like standard. He has never lost a playoff game he was supposed to win and has won playoff games he was supposed to lose.

The point is bro- You're affording all of these excuses for Chad.

Yet you call out Favre for his season last year. He had a torn bicep muscle. I could use that as an excuse as his passing (long) clearly became hindered at the end of the year.

An excuse can be made for every situation.

That Steelers team was way overrated. The Jets should have won that playoff game if Chad performed. The Pats went into Pittsburgh the next week and kicked the crap out of them.

Who is holding Chad to a Brady like standard? We all know that Peyton pretty much blows in the playoffs unless he is playing the Chiefs or Broncos.

I'm not sure what your point is. Peyton is a regular season hero and playoff zero. Chadwick is a regular season game manager and playoff zero.

The point is bro- You're affording all of these excuses for Chad.

Yet you call out Favre for his season last year. He had a torn bicep muscle. I could use that as an excuse as his passing (long) clearly became hindered at the end of the year.

An excuse can be made for every situation.

Favre is supposed to be an all-time great, we were suppsoed to be better, he is supposed to be a warrior who plays through pain. I don't make excuses for Chad, he was bad in many playoff games but you have to factor in the circumstances. W/ favre if he doesn't turn it over 2-3 times a game we win the division. W/ Brett I saw a guy making bad decisions more than pain limiting him.

Worse. Much worse. I can't wait until the Henne era begins.

I know you can't put a whole lot of stock into it, but EVERYTHING I've heard about Henne has been good. Impressed in last year's off-season, pre-season and took us for a touchdown in his one series. And now the coaches took him to workout college receivers where he looked great and he's been great in OTAs.

I try to temper my excitement, but I know what he can do for our offense. While Penny's absence would certainly take away a cerebral benefit and steady continuity to the huddle, Henne's presence would elevate Ted Ginn's game and make our offense much more explosive.

Right now, I want Pennington as our quarterback. But I fully understand that Henne is the future and I'm excited to see what he can do as well.

So it doesn't count when we get the ball in good FP? he didn't get the job done w/ an inferior team. You guys act like he had a SB caliber team around him and he was what was holding us back.

You want to match the quote to the discussion? Try this: Chad got the ball on the 14. In three downs he "drove" them to the 10. Does he deserve credit for the 3 points? I suppose you could give him credit for "keeping the game close" because he didn't throw his pick six until 5 minutes to play.

Jeopardy answer: Who should never be mentioned in the thread?

Favre is supposed to be an all-time great, we were suppsoed to be better, he is supposed to be a warrior who plays through pain. I don't make excuses for Chad, he was bad in many playoff games but you have to factor in the circumstances. W/ favre if he doesn't turn it over 2-3 times a game we win the division. W/ Brett I saw a guy making bad decisions more than pain limiting him.

But yet cause of his torn rotator cuff you'll pin the Pitts loss more on the kicker then Chads poor performance where he handed them a free scoring opportunity.

He was a "warrior" who played through pain... and by warrior I mean jackass.

If Chad doesn't throw a pick vs the Pats- Maybe we have a chance

If Chad doesn't throw a pick vs the Steelers- Maybe we have a shot at the superbowl.

I don't like playing in this area- for me his #'s speak for themselves. He's an above average QB and as Gainzo said- a playoff zero.

That Steelers team was way overrated. The Jets should have won that playoff game if Chad performed. The Pats went into Pittsburgh the next week and kicked the crap out of them.

Who is holding Chad to a Brady like standard? We all know that Peyton pretty much blows in the playoffs unless he is playing the Chiefs or Broncos.

I'm not sure what your point is. Peyton is a regular season hero and playoff zero. Chadwick is a regular season game manager and playoff zero.

They were 15-1, we should ahve beaten them if we got any offense but they had a good D and we had a QB w/ a torn rotator cuff who we know didn't have the strongest arm to begin w/.

Chad is a playoff zero, I don't dispute that. I wish he could have stayed healthy, I think things would have been different but we could do alot worse than a QB like Chad(such as the QB we had last year)

But yet cause of his torn rotator cuff you'll pin the Pitts loss more on the kicker then Chads poor performance where he handed them a free scoring opportunity.

He was a "warrior" who played through pain... and by warrior I mean jackass.

If Chad doesn't throw a pick vs the Pats- Maybe we have a chance

If Chad doesn't throw a pick vs the Steelers- Maybe we have a shot at the superbowl.

I don't like playing in this area- for me his #'s speak for themselves. He's an above average QB and as Gainzo said- a playoff zero.

If Chad doesn't throw that pick against the Pats we still lsoe, the score is just closer.

If Chad doesn't throw that INT against Pitt MAYBE we win(that was very early int he game and you can't assume the game plays out the same) and if we won we weren't beating NE the next week.

I know you can't put a whole lot of stock into it, but EVERYTHING I've heard about Henne has been good. Impressed in last year's off-season, pre-season and took us for a touchdown in his one series. And now the coaches took him to workout college receivers where he looked great and he's been great in OTAs.

I try to temper my excitement, but I know what he can do for our offense. While Penny's absence would certainly take away a cerebral benefit and steady continuity to the huddle, Henne's presence would elevate Ted Ginn's game and make our offense much more explosive.

Right now, I want Pennington as our quarterback. But I fully understand that Henne is the future and I'm excited to see what he can do as well.

I am not high on Henne and I never have been, it doesn't mean he won't be good but I see too many QBs that are supposed to be good b/c of physical tools but the mental game is much more important and I'm not sure Henne has that. Remember, you guys have gone through QB after QB since Dan and most dolphin fans thought Daunte was going to be great and feely, Lemon, Green, Beck and now Henne. Don't be so qucik to throw out a good pro that you have now in hopes Henne can be better.

Lol theres no point in arguing it since everyone's deadset against it.

Chad Pennington broke Jets' fans hearts, and Jets fans are very bitter people when it comes to the Jets.

2002 was awesome, and even after his shoulder injury we were a FG kick away from a Super Bowl appearance in 2004. He's worked his ass off to even have a career in the NFL after the injuries, and I have nothing but respect for a man like that. Now he's a decent enough QB with limited physical tools.

Dammit now I'm getting dragged into this sh*tty debate. Theres no middle ground with the two extremist groups here...so I really see no point in me being in this.

I can assure you i'm not broken hearted. In fact, when he finally did struggle against Oakland I was somewhat relieved because I thought i has lost my mind for never thinking much of him

I am not high on Henne and I never have been, it doesn't mean he won't be good but I see too many QBs that are supposed to be good b/c of physical tools but the mental game is much more important and I'm not sure Henne has that. Remember, you guys have gone through QB after QB since Dan and most dolphin fans thought Daunte was going to be great and feely, Lemon, Green, Beck and now Henne. Don't be so qucik to throw out a good pro that you have now in hopes Henne can be better.

I love that he's working with one of the more brilliant minds in the game. Penny gave Henne and Beck assingments last year on our upcoming opponent and they would hit the film room and return with their reports like he was the boss.

I think he's developing that aspect of his game on the bench and I've always thought that, that was the best way for a young QB to learn. Be a sponge for two years then get in the game when you're mentally prepared. Learning on the job is rarely a good thing.

And the other mental aspect is fire and he is absolutely not lacking in that department.

I'm not quick to toss Penny aside, just excited to see how our offense could expand under Henne. He and White gives us quite a few elements.

Archived