Tim Wakefield

Gainzo

If this guy happens to start the all star game, I probably won't watch the game. It's laughable he's even in it with his 4.3 ERA. Apparently, because they score 100 runs for him a game, that gives him that 11-3 record is why they want this bum starting. It sucks that they make the team that wins this stupid game have homefield in the World Series.

Watch this piece of crap allows like 5 runs...

I thought that would make you happy since the AL has been on a long win streak going.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If this guy happens to start the all star game, I probably won't watch the game. It's laughable he's even in it with his 4.3 ERA. Apparently, because they score 100 runs for him a game, that gives him that 11-3 record is why they want this bum starting. It sucks that they make the team that wins this stupid game have homefield in the World Series.

Watch this piece of crap allows like 5 runs...

11 of his 17 starts he has held the opposing team under 3 runs. Only 2 of his wins did he give up over 5 runs and he gave up exactly 5.

Who is the glaring omission?

+1 DUMBEST rule in sports, IMO.

AllStar Game deciding WS Homefield Advantage???? What a joke.

And it's all because of the 2002 debacle in Milwaukee.

Why ? It gives the game some actual meaning besides just bragging rights.

11 of his 17 starts he has held the opposing team under 3 runs. Only 2 of his wins did he give up over 5 runs and he gave up exactly 5.

The correct question is "What is the glaring omission ? " . The answer is .... the space in MBK's head where his brain should be . :biggrin: If Wakefield wasn't a Red Sox no one here would care a hill of beans about it.

Since when is a 4.3 ERA good enough to start the All Star Game? Let alone being in the game at all? Greinke has a low ass ERA, and people everywhere want this bum starting for the American League.

I knew someone was going to invoke Javy Vazquez

Javy Vazquez 1st half 2004: 118.2 IP 32BB 95 SO 53R 47ER 3.56ERA 1.154 Whip 7.2K/9

Not even close to the embarassing selection that is Tim Wake****.

As an aside it's a sham Vazquez wasn't elected this year. Wins is such a stupid stat.

I had no problem with Javy that year, he had a great first half.

How about Robin Ventura in '02?

+1 DUMBEST rule in sports, IMO.

AllStar Game deciding WS Homefield Advantage???? What a joke.

And it's all because of the 2002 debacle in Milwaukee.

I agree 100%. It's not fair that something as important as homefield in World Series is on the line during this exhibition game.

Jered Weaver and (before he got rocked in his last start) Kevin Millwood were both more deserving than Wakefield.

Wakefield: 11-3, 4.31 ERA, 1.38 WHIP, 61 K, .266 BAA

Weaver: 9-3, 3.15 ERA, 1.13 WHIP, 95 K, .225 BAA

Yup, this bum is in the all star game over Jon Lester. You Sawx fans always say it's only because he's a Red Sox is why we care, well I'll tell you that if Lester made the all star game over Wakefield, I guarantee you that none of us would complain...

Get over it already. A manager from a rival team put him on the team. Suck it up and deal.

Get over it already. A manager from a rival team put him on the team. Suck it up and deal.

+100

Exactly. Not like it is Francona homerism.

Jered Weaver and (before he got rocked in his last start) Kevin Millwood were both more deserving than Wakefield.

Wakefield: 11-3, 4.31 ERA, 1.38 WHIP, 61 K, .266 BAA

Weaver: 9-3, 3.15 ERA, 1.13 WHIP, 95 K, .225 BAA

He is deserving.

Wake has given up a total of 8 home runs this year. Here's a partial list of the 102 pitchers who have given up more bombs-

Jason Marquis

Josh Beckett

CC Sabathia

Roy Halladay

Joba Chamberlain

Matt Cain

Cole Hamels

Brad Penny

Mark Buerhle

Andy Pettite

Roy Oswalt

Matt Garza

AJ Burnett

Johan Santana

Seems like someone who's been doing it for 20 years has created his own advantage.

That deserves a standing ovation.:cheers:

Archived