Please visit Cpl. Visnu Gonzalez

Jet Moses

Cpl. Gonzalez was shot in the neck in Falujah Iraq in 2004; He is now a quadriplegic, although he does have some use of his arms and he can move his head. Since 2004 he has been adjusting to his injuries, however he suffers infections and setbacks that put him back in the hospital.

His current stay in the hospital has been 3 months.

Can you all visit, and ask the Jets players and cheerleaders if they can take some time out of their busy day to visit CPL Visnu Gonzalez in the Spinal Cord Unit at James J. Peters VA Medical Center, 130 West Kingsbridge Road, Bronx NY 10468? It's on the first floor, you can drive right into the lot, parking is free. Please help. Thank you.

Also you can mail him magazines, dvd's or just send him a card. Every little bit helps.

I have to go to work I will answer any questions tonight. Have a blessed day.

What ought to happen is an online Auction/Garage sale to raise cash for this guy. Maybe Ebay or something. People could email pics of items they would like to donate.

I have a brand new Pats hat that I've never worn for donation. Its worth at least $20.00 and I'll pay the shipping if ya'll think its a good idea.

Jet Mo this is a great cause -it deserves to be on the front page for any that can help out a little.

Thanks.

can't visit cause of my current location but I will send a card with mine & Judys prayers and thanx...

Is he a freind of yours? God bless him and wishes for a recovery

I met him on 4th of July when I went to the hospital to visit. Thank you for the prayers.

Great cause. I'll send a card.

Awesome. Thank you.

What ought to happen is an online Auction/Garage sale to raise cash for this guy. Maybe Ebay or something. People could email pics of items they would like to donate.

I have a brand new Pats hat that I've never worn for donation. Its worth at least $20.00 and I'll pay the shipping if ya'll think its a good idea.

Good idea! I think what he needs the most is to laugh because laughter is great medicine so if you can buy some old Mad, Cracked, National Lampoons on ebay and mail them, that would be awesome. Movies too--- he likes silly stuff like Ernest goes to prison, Jim Carrey etc.

Here's an addition to the address:

Cpl. Visnu Gonzalez c/o

James J. Peters VA Medical Center

SCI Unit, Room 1D14

130 West Kingsbridge Road, Bronx NY 10468

He is a Jets fan and an Atlanta Braves fan.

If you can, please visit him. It's right by Fordham University, exit 1 off the Major Deegan or you can take the subway. It's a few hours of your time.

I dont like hospitals. I'll send him a card

I dont like hospitals. I'll send him a card

I don't like hospitals either but people who have no choice but to be a patient in one need our love and support. ;)

My consience says "If not you... who?"

"If not now, when?"

I believe a smile and touch can cure a disease. So can a card. Thank you. ;)

Bump for a good cause. I sent a card today Jet Mo-the very least I could do.

Thanks for being a good fella, Frank. ;)

I'm gonna go visit him again this weekend. He's been in the hospital now almost four months.

Keep praying because the doctors and nurses with all their medicine are doing all they can but the infection is resilient.

JetMo, I sent a card last week signed by about 40 guys from my police department. Thanks again for making us all aware of this great American.

Thanks, Pat. NYC mail is slow. :lol:

During the week a visitor stopped by and gave him over 100 movies on DVD's. That was awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought this type of thing was specifically verboten. "No politics". Uh, current events fall under politics, but if you say something someone doesn't like...Religion, a no-no; but "Peace be with you", the latter is this side of fraudulent. I don't get this joint on some days. I dig the sweet premise of this thread, of course, but make up your collective minds and stick to it in every regard or don't pull the trigger and delete things.

GBA, and GB the United States Military. I'll send a donation AND a card. I always do to those in that sand sh*tbox, as an aside. Just because. USO, baby,

I thought this type of thing was specifically verboten. "No politics". Uh, current events fall under politics, but if you say something someone doesn't like...Religion, a no-no; but "Peace be with you", the latter is this side of fraudulent. I don't get this joint on some days. I dig the sweet premise of this thread, of course, but make up your collective minds and stick to it in every regard or don't pull the trigger and delete things.

GBA, and GB the United States Military. I'll send a donation AND a card. I always do to those in that sand sh*tbox, as an aside. Just because. USO, baby,

Your logic is as flawed as is 95% of your posts. Are you kidding me? You're not comparing Apples to Oranges here, you're comparing Apples to Antidisestablishmentarianism. You couldn't be farther from the truth.

This has nothing to do with politics at all. This has everything to do with a simple request for something as small as a card or a visit to a person in the hospital. This is no different than when I organized a Care Package drive for my friends in Iraq, or when we've sent cards, flowers, or other items to the children of posters who were in the hospital. We've done both around here.

Amongst all the B.S. posted around here at times, it's a small ray of sunlight poking through the clouds and was nothing more than a small request for help to those that were interested.

I swear to Christ, if some of you people aren't bitching about something, you're not breathing.

Archived