Best divison talent? I'll go with the AFC East.

Bleed4TheGreen

Can any other divison compete with this team? I doubt it. The AFC East is stacked with pure talent and thats the reason why I made this thread.

It would be different to see other posters make a lineup of their AFC West, AFC North, AFC South, NFC West, NFC North, NFC East along with their best NFC South rosters. See which poster comes up with the best team.

I tweaked some positions to make for the best overall rosters.

HC- Bill Belichick

DC- Rex Ryan

OC- Marty's Boy

ST- Mike Westhoff

QB- Brady

QB- Pennington

QB- Sanchez

RB- Ronnie Brown

RB- Marshawn Lynch

RB- Leon Washington

RB- Ricky Williams

FB- Richardson

WR- Randy Moss

WR- Terrell Owens

WR- Wes Welker

WR- Lee Evans

WR- Jerricho Cotchery

TE- Dustin Keller

TE- Anthony Fassano

LT- Matt Light / D'Brickishaw Ferguson

LG- Logan Mankins / Alan Faneca

C- Nick Mangold / Dan Koppen

RG- Alan Faneca / Stephen Neal

RT- Jake Long / D'Brickishaw Ferguson

(3-4 Defense)

RDE- Richard Seymour / Ty Warren

NT- Kris Jenkins / Marcus Stroud

LDE- Vince Wilfork / Shaun Ellis

ROLB- Adalious Thomas / Calvin Pace / Vernon Gholston

MLB- Bart Scott / Davis Harris

MLB- Jerod Mayo / Paul Posluszny

LOLB- Joey Porter / Jason Taylor / Vernon Gholston

CB- Darrelle Revis

CB- Leodis McKelvin

CB- Vontae Davis ®

CB- Will Allen

CB- Terrence McGee

S-Kerry Rhodes / Jason Allen

S-Donte Whitner / Brandon Meriweather / Gabril Wilson

KR- Leon Washington

PR- Ted Ginn Jr

K- Stephen Gostkowski

P- Brian Moorman

Thats my 52 Man roster. Used up alot of LB's because when running a 3-4 Defense, you can never have enough LB's.

Just thought a thread like this would be interesting during the offseason. (I got really confused with the O-Line)

Yeah, the AFCE is definitely the most talented. The only division you could argue is maybe the NFCE, dont feel like going through it but the only place that I think AFCE dominates would be WR.

QB would be about equal

RB would be NFCE

OL would be about equal

DL would be about equal

LB would be NFCE

CB would be equal

S would be equal

ST - AFCE

Yeah, the AFCE is definitely the most talented. The only division you could argue is maybe the NFCE, dont feel like going through it but the only place that I think AFCE dominates would be WR.

QB would be about equal

RB would be NFCE

OL would be about equal

DL would be about equal

LB would be NFCE

CB would be equal

S would be equal

ST - AFCE

AFC south, NFC south and AFC north would be in the conversation..

Manning to AJ - Wayne, with Jones Drew, Chris Johnson, Slaton in the back field is pretty bad ass :eek:

Not when he was our OC in 2000, he did an absolutely awful job for us that year.

Obviously it's not the be-all and end-all, but as far as rankings, the Jets offense were 12th in yards and 17th in points in 2000. Not great, but not awful either.

I recall the offense being pretty good in '98, though...

Obviously it's not the be-all and end-all, but as far as rankings, the Jets offense were 12th in yards and 17th in points in 2000. Not great, but not awful either.

I recall the offense being pretty good in '98, though...

The O was great in '98 but he wasn't our OC in 1998, Charlie Weis was and he actaully was stripped of play calling duties at midseason by BP.

In 2000 he allowed Vinny to throw away the season, we should have ridden Curtis more that year but the awful game plans would help get us behind early in so many games the game plan would need to be scarpped and we'd be going no huddle w/ Vinny in command. We finihsed 9-7 but needed multiple miracle comebacks to win games that year including the Miami game.

Can any other divison compete with this team? I doubt it. The AFC East is stacked with pure talent and thats the reason why I made this thread.

It would be different to see other posters make a lineup of their AFC West, AFC North, AFC South, NFC West, NFC North, NFC East along with their best NFC South rosters. See which poster comes up with the best team.

I tweaked some positions to make for the best overall rosters.

HC- Bill Belichick

DC- Rex Ryan

OC- Marty's Boy

ST- Mike Westhoff

QB- Brady

QB- Pennington

QB- Sanchez

Edwards is arguably better than Pennington and should definitely be ahead of Sanchez, at least for right now. Sanchez needs to prove himself at this level before we give him respect. At this point, we're not even sure he'll be your starter.

RB- Ronnie Brown

RB- Marshawn Lynch

RB- Leon Washington

RB- Ricky Williams

Fred Taylor and Sammy Morris might have something to say about being omitted. I don't know how much Taylor has left but Morris is incredibly underrated. He's a very decisive runner with excellent vision and a nice balance of power and agility. But your biggest oversight is Kevin Faulk. Faulk is the perfect 3rd down RB. He's got arguably the best set of hands in the entire league and always comes through in the clutch. And when he's not making plays with the ball, he's as good as there is at picking up the blitz.

FB- Richardson

WR- Randy Moss

WR- Terrell Owens

WR- Wes Welker

WR- Lee Evans

WR- Jerricho Cotchery

TE- Dustin Keller

TE- Anthony Fassano

LT- Matt Light / D'Brickishaw Ferguson

LG- Logan Mankins / Alan Faneca

C- Nick Mangold / Dan Koppen

RG- Alan Faneca / Stephen Neal

RT- Jake Long / D'Brickishaw Ferguson

No arguments here.

(3-4 Defense)

RDE- Richard Seymour / Ty Warren

NT- Kris Jenkins / Marcus Stroud

LDE- Vince Wilfork / Shaun Ellis

Wilfork is a better NT than Jenkins or Stroud and Warren should be starting at LDE. Jarvis Green should be one of the backups at end.

ROLB- Adalious Thomas / Calvin Pace / Vernon Gholston

MLB- Bart Scott / Davis Harris

MLB- Jerod Mayo / Paul Posluszny

LOLB- Joey Porter / Jason Taylor / Vernon Gholston

What's up with including Gholston? That guy hasn't done anything to make this list and will probably be out of the league in two or three seasons. He's a BUST. Get over it.

CB- Darrelle Revis

CB- Leodis McKelvin

CB- Vontae Davis ®

CB- Will Allen

CB- Terrence McGee

Davis is far from a sure thing. No rookie should be included on this list. For all we know Butler may end up being the better rookie, anyways. Bodden or Springs or both should be on the list.

S-Kerry Rhodes / Jason Allen

S-Donte Whitner / Brandon Meriweather / Gabril Wilson

Whitner might not even be the starter on his own team.

KR- Leon Washington

PR- Ted Ginn Jr

K- Stephen Gostkowski

P- Brian Moorman

No arguments here.

Good job overall but my team would beat yours 9 times out of 10 and twice on Sundays.

:cheers:

Edwards is arguably better than Pennington and should definitely be ahead of Sanchez, at least for right now. Sanchez needs to prove himself at this level before we give him respect. At this point, we're not even sure he'll be your starter,

I agree that he should be ahead of Sanchez, to say he is even agruably as good as Pennington is just, well... wow. SMH

I agree that he should be ahead of Sanchez, to say he is even agruably as good as Pennington is just, well... wow. SMH

I'm surprised that shocks you. Pennington is FAR from a great QB. One mediocre QB is NEVER light years better than another. They're all in the same league. Edwards showed flashes last year, especially before he was injured. The tandem of TO and Evans should be fun to watch. I think Edwards has the far greater upside and I'm expecting him to have an excellent season and for the Bills to finally end their playoff drought.

I'm too lazy to read further right now, but:

Dan Henning >>>>>>>>> Mini-Schott

Thank you. I have a ton of objections with this team, first being Henning over Schotty.

Rex Ryan is a head-coach, I don't see how you can move him.

Next, Matt Light is incredibly over-rated and there's no way that I'm taking he or Ferguson over Jake Long. I'd take Long then Fergy. Jake is a left tackle, don't switch him.

Give me Fasano over Keller; all Anthony did last year was catch 7 touchdowns and he's a very good inline blocker.

Trent Edwards behind Mark Sanchez? What has Sanchez done?

Jason Allen is likely to be a camp casualty. He's done nothing, complete bust.

I'm surprised that shocks you. Pennington is FAR from a great QB. One mediocre QB is NEVER light years better than another. They're all in the same league. Edwards showed flashes last year, especially before he was injured. The tandem of TO and Evans should be fun to watch. I think Edwards has the far greater upside and I'm expecting him to have an excellent season and for the Bills to finally end their playoff drought.

:headsmack:

The Bills will make some noise.

Really? With those two greats Dick Jauron and Trent Edwards. I just hope their style is impetuous and their defense is impregnable... lol

You keep believing that about the Bills, bro. That and your belief that Edwards and Pennington are even remotely in the same category. Sheesh... :yawn:

I really don't understand how you think D'Brick is better than Big Jake. It baffles me.

He's MUCH, much better in pass protection. The primary responsibility of a LT. I've said in the past I really like Long, he's exceptional in run blocking, but with guys like Woody, Moore and Mangold there already I want my LT to be an elite pass protector, which is what Brick is.

I really don't understand how you think D'Brick is better than Big Jake. It baffles me.

I know I started Long over Ferguson as my starting RT on the AFC Team, but thats only because I didn't wanna come off as a huge homer with Brick, Mangold and Ferguson all starting but to be honest with you...Ferguson has started each and every game since being drafted by the Jets, each and every game.

Ferguson has gotten better with each and year thats gone by and in less than 2 years, he will be known as a top 5 LT because his pass blocking talent is a thing of greatness and when you draft a LT...You draft an elite pass blocker to protect the QB's blind site (You don't draft a franchise LT to run block) because if that was the case, you would look for a LG such as a Faneca type of talent.

Ferguson is a much better pass blocking talent than Long will ever be, he's elite, there for...He's the better LT as of right now.

How many games has Long started?

How many games has Ferguson started?

Exactly.

word

I LOVED what he did with us in'98

He wasn't our OC in 1998, he was our QB coach.

Edwards is arguably better than Pennington and should definitely be ahead of Sanchez, at least for right now. Sanchez needs to prove himself at this level before we give him respect. At this point, we're not even sure he'll be your starter.

How is Edwards arguably better than Chad? What has Edwards done exactly? Can he be better? absolutely but what he has shown so far he is not better.

You guys really think tht brick is better than Long???

The LT position is one of the most important position on the Offensive side of the ball, thats because they protect their QB's blind side from opposing pass rushes. It's no secret that Ferguson is the much better pass protector when compared to a run blocking LT such as Long. Ferguson is elite with his pass blocking talents, Long is not.

Also, D'Brickishaw has started each and every game since being drafted, all 48 of them. Long? He's only started 16 games and lets not say anything about Long making the playoffs as a rookie, because Ferguson and the Jets did the same thing in 2006.

Also, this will be Fergusons 4th year as a starter here in 09 and guess what? He's only 25 years of age, Long is already 24.

Damn right Ferguson is the better LT because he's the much better pass blocking talent and thats the reason why you draft a franchise LT...To protect the QB.

I know I started Long over Ferguson as my starting RT on the AFC Team, but thats only because I didn't wanna come off as a huge homer with Brick, Mangold and Ferguson all starting but to be honest with you...Ferguson has started each and every game since being drafted by the Jets, each and every game.

Ferguson has gotten better with each and year thats gone by and in less than 2 years, he will be known as a top 5 LT because his pass blocking talent is a thing of greatness and when you draft a LT...You draft an elite pass blocker to protect the QB's blind site (You don't draft a franchise LT to run block) because if that was the case, you would look for a LG such as a Faneca type of talent.

Ferguson is a much better pass blocking talent than Long will ever be, he's elite, there for...He's the better LT as of right now.

How many games has Long started?

How many games has Ferguson started?

Exactly.

Do you think that would be the reason we think your a huge homer?

The LT position is one of the most important position on the Offensive side of the ball, thats because they protect their QB's blind side from opposing pass rushes. It's no secret that Ferguson is the much better pass protector when compared to a run blocking LT such as Long. Ferguson is elite with his pass blocking talents, Long is not.

Also, D'Brickishaw has started each and every game since being drafted, all 48 of them. Long? He's only started 16 games and lets not say anything about Long making the playoffs as a rookie, because Ferguson and the Jets did the same thing in 2006.

Also, this will be Fergusons 4th year as a starter here in 09 and guess what? He's only 25 years of age, Long is already 24.

Damn right Ferguson is the better LT because he's the much better pass blocking talent and thats the reason why you draft a franchise LT...To protect the QB.

hmmmm pass protection...Big Jake gave up 2 sacks all year to bricks 4...also Jake made it to the pro bowl.

hmmmm pass protection...Big Jake gave up 2 sacks all year to bricks 4...also Jake made it to the pro bowl.

Don't waste your time trying to give the quoted poster your opinion. He's right, your wrong, that is pretty much the end of it. You'll learn.

Archived